Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,305 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

ldee

San Andreas Nostalgia!

kasa
On 1/10/2018 at 2:01 PM, Evil empire said:

Arriving in San Fierro via Foster valley riding a freeway listening to Rod Stewart's

This song matches San Fierro's atmosphere marvelously well.

Funny but I had this song on driving first time to aventuras in the sunset, still remember after all these years, so many great memories of this game 

LordStarship

Fun fact: K-Rose always fit the country's atmosphere. I always hearing One Step Forward when i want to travel from Los Santos to a very far place like Verdant Meadows. 

K-DST always fit with Bone County and Tierra Robada's atmosphere. I always open WCTR in Las Venturas too. So much memories in game. Now i want to play it back because i still have the game lol.

Evil empire
Posted (edited)

Driving the train in the desert and Las Venturas listening to Ennio Morricone's For a few dollars more.

Edited by Evil empire

Lioshenka

I'm surprised I haven't posted a proper reply here. I posted in many other similar topics though.

My most memorable moments in SA:

- Tenpenny dropping you off in Angel Pine. Great storywriting, had a huge impact on me (a wee teenager back then), leaving a bustling city behind and starting a new life in a quiet village

- Looking for myths. There were too many to mention, but I had amazing time looking for them.

- Approaching SF for the first time in the hippie van.

- Driving a pick up truck through the countryside, empty road ahead with "I love a rainy night" on a radio, and it actually raining

- Sunset over (or rather under) Oram bridge. Spectacular.

I bought myself PS2 the other week together with a collection of GTAs; and here I was saying for many years that I will never buy a console. My only purpose of buying it was to re-live my first moment breathing in the hot LS air. So far it's been going great - I'm running around, doing odd missions, but mainly looking for tags and spraying them. SO far found 50 out of 100, but discovered so many places I forgot about. All that in a glorious orange evening glow.

TheSantader25

Man when Tenpenny dropped me at angel pine and he told me:in the middle of f*cking nowhere! I actually felt it. The whole section between LS and SF actually made me FEEL I'm lost and in middle of f*cking nowhere. No video game has ever done this to me. 

NiggAndreasYT

Game is still alive thanks to mods, samp, Dyom, and gta sa dyom skit videos on youtube example kenny paas, Los santos cast, itskev3nsGaming, and NiggAndreas

flgta

-Driving at full speed listening to ''A Horse with No Name'' on the highway.

-Having a brawl with the police at the countryside gas station while they drive into the pumps.

-Driving the train full speed. Watching it come off the tracks. Making a barricade of cars and driving into them.

I thought about buying myself a PS2 just to play some old GTA games and few other favorite games. I don't even know if I should get a refurbished, fat or slim (I think I had the fat) buy used or new. Any ideas?

TheSantader25

Man I'm going through the game for the "I don't know anymore" th time and hearing the SA theme with the 'mission passed' sign just feels like home. It's so nostalgic. 

@flgta

Just buy the trilogy on PS4. it was one of the best decisions I made. Bought them all for 15$ on sale and been enjoying the heck out of it. 

Edited by TheSantader25

flgta
12 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Man I'm going through the game for the "I don't know anymore" th time and hearing the SA theme with the 'mission passed' sign just feels like home. It's so nostalgic. 

@flgta

Just buy the trilogy on PS4. it was one of the best decisions I made. Bought them all for 15$ on sale and been enjoying the heck out of it. 

San Andreas' theme, Vice City and lll are all nostalgia lane for me.

Man, that's a great deal. I guess I'm a bit of an old game snob and want the experience of the feel of PS2 game, plus it had Vigilante 8. I literally kept the original Vice City and playbook since 2002. 🙃 I'll consider a PS4 esp for first person.

Efreet

I usually flip between San Andreas and Redemption when defining the peak of my Video Games experience. Surely I played much more advanced and expanded games after San Andreas, and V is the one to mention here, but it's more about the complete Experience package, including things like my age. If I was as old as I'm now and SA has just released, it'd surely not have the same effect on me years down the road, and most likely I won't spend the same amount of time exploring it. Age is the primary difference, and that's of course what nostalgia is about. 

Time moves on ... and we also move on. 

Lioshenka
On 7/10/2018 at 5:57 AM, flgta said:

I thought about buying myself a PS2 just to play some old GTA games and few other favorite games. I don't even know if I should get a refurbished, fat or slim (I think I had the fat) buy used or new. Any ideas?

My brother had a slim one, I bought a fat one. Fat one makes way too much fan noise compared to the slim, but other than that I have not experienced any major issues.

One thing to consider is that it only supports a small resolution, so if you have a large TV you'll need to sit quite far otherwise it will be uncomfortably pixelated. I'm shortsighted, and sitting 2 metres away is fine.

Big_Smiley
43 minutes ago, Lioshenka said:

My brother had a slim one, I bought a fat one. Fat one makes way too much fan noise compared to the slim, but other than that I have not experienced any major issues.

One thing to consider is that it only supports a small resolution, so if you have a large TV you'll need to sit quite far otherwise it will be uncomfortably pixelated. I'm shortsighted, and sitting 2 metres away is fine.

Yeah similar to mine since I have a flat screen TV. But mine has a sh*t load of settings that make the resolution just a little better and not as pixled. I have some color changes as options between Cool, Normal, or Warm and playing SA with Warm settings while the in-game clock is at 21:00 Is so gorgeous :inlove: It's beyond the orange atmosphere. Just right. I guess it all depends on which type of TV you have.

About the original Fat PS2 indeed it's pretty loud. Right after 2008 I remember I started noticing a loud noise coming from it. Bought my PS2 slim around 2009 and It's currently the one I still own and use. Still works like a charm :^:

Edited by Big_Smiley

Domand

Lol can't help but think back to San Andreas whenever I hear about Big Smokes order. 

Really enjoyed driving around listening to the radio. Missions where fun and a good story. Despite some people saying it wasn't good. Sure it got pretty wild with the some stuff and it was a little out there at times, but it was really fun either way. Its always nice to return to Grove Street once in awhile.

Baltel

The first time i enter the strip club i just stayed there for this song, i though you could only hear that song in that place xd it took me 1 year to know you can hear the song in the CSR station