New gpu for better or worse + Proffesional Tips

iTRiP

OverTheBelow

It is unlikely that this technique would change performance in any way whatsoever. I think you got your performance increase elsewhere or just do not keep track of your FPS accurately enough if you think you gained any by doing this.

All you are doing is telling the game your screens refresh rate for it to run at (and vsync). This command is only there if people are unable to get into the game to change it using the ingame options because the refreshrate is set too low or high, or perhaps their preferred rate is not available in these options. Though, in no way would this change performance unless vsync were enabled/disabled in which case there may be more/less stuttering.

Also, upgrading to a GT 430 from a 9500gt was an illinformed decision. The performance difference between the two is negligible for the extra money.

DU8afL0.jpg

Also, upgrading to a GT 430 from a 9500gt was an illinformed decision. The performance difference between the two is negligible for the extra money.

Well said. If anything, GT430 is just slightly better than the 9500GT and definitely not worth the money. It would be much better to get a second hand card in that price.

74cXSsx.png

OverTheBelow

Most high-end cards struggle with DX11 features, what makes you think being able to turn those features on will actually make it worth the money if it slows the game to a crawl? Not to mention the small amount of visual difference DX11 features actually make in current games. confused.gif

extra time spent on doing istalls properly = extra performace!

You know what I think would be a better suggestion?

"extra time spent on maintaining your computer = extra performace!" tounge.gif

DU8afL0.jpg

rampage_ani.gif Maybe you just dont understand what i'm getting at with the whole 430Gt over a 9500gt thing here. so let me spell it out: if my card has x11 and the old one has x10 , obviously i'm not going to use those features right of the bat but what it definitely will tell us is how well it will perform in x9.... so now u might get it right..? and then at the end of the day i do get double the performance and qaulity with the 430GT than i did whith the 9500GT...(a sure worthy upgrade)

not to mention it cost less.

great replies thx. mercie_blink.gif

You obviously have no idea WHAT DirectX is and how it works in graphics cards.

Gta4Freak-2011

Sorry to burst your bubble but your card is a tiny bit better then a 9500 gt which is a horrible card.

user posted image

Edited by Gta4Freak-2011

rampage_ani.gif iS this a test or something...? well wateva' since i'm here i might~ass~well post a reply again.

What makes u think i dont know what this is and that is and so on...?

Obviosly something i posted above or below right, u might be right and u might also be wrong... lets wait and read what others think.

DiRECTX = directpower and thus direct power equals control over hardware with software~code and that is what is required by games.

You know what I think would be a even better suggestion?

"extra time spent on maintaining your computer and a spare harddrive duplicated @ defualt setting = extra performace !"

^^^YES>>> you would just have so many settings that u would not remember all of it should u loose it all and would be in that uncomfortable situation of hav to start anew.

rampage_ani.gif

"directpower" ohoh, that was a good laugh. Oh and yes, it was a test, i was simply testing if you know what directX is and how does it work. Close, but you fail though.

Thanks.

YankeesPwnMets

Your giving "Professional Tips" when you can't even spell the word right....

Going from a 9500GT to 430 is a complete waste of money. The only thing you gained was the extra VRAM but I would imagine at 800x600 you were not fully using the 512MB of the 9500GT either. Granted yes you did pick up DX11, however the 430 is not going to be powerful enough to allow you to utilize most of the DX11 features.

A GT460 can be had for around $100 now, this would have been a much much better investment.

At 800x600 you are very CPU dependent. Your money would have been much better spent on a better processor. Low resolutions like that do not fully utilize the video card.

OverTheBelow

Even then, a HD 5670 would've been a much better option seeing as it doesn't need an external power source.

DU8afL0.jpg

rampage_ani.gif yes i also looked @ that one amongst all the other cards in that timeframe. i wonder what would be a current upgrade simular. NViDiA oR ATi.

mercie_blink.gif

Maybe a card that has more Bits~ 256 or a 512 would be better but not requiring

more power, nor PCi~E power from psu, and runs cool temp under load, pretty simular to what i got now just missed out on those bits and will have to getsome. rampage_ani.gif

The best upgrade would be saving up and building a new system instead of throwing money at obsolete computer.

luckymanhog

You need to get my specs they the best don't listen to these nock off's.And throw your trash PC away.

user posted image

OverTheBelow

You need to get my specs they the best don't listen to these nock off's.And throw your trash PC away.

Haha, dude. You don't seem to realise how slow your PC actually is in terms of todays tech. My graphics card is 2 years old and often performs over 80% faster than those 5670's. Whats more is that you can actually get a 5850 for cheaper than them too. tounge2.gif

And a Pentium Dual Core isn't impressing anyone. That is slower than my old Core 2 Duo and that performed like crap. Fact, not opinion (you seem to get the two mixed up).

Edited by OverTheBelow

DU8afL0.jpg

YankeesPwnMets

Your specs are pathetic. You just think they're great. Compare your excuse of a gaming rig to mine.

Gta4Freak-2011

Your rig is worse then the OP's.

Edited by Gta4Freak-2011

luckymanhog

Your rig is worse then the OP's.

Then why i run game well i7 worst over heating processor.And these cards can run game just fine.

user posted image

luckymanhog
i7 worst over heating processor

A sandybridge running hot? nu uh.

Sure you people think mine is slower um no.Runs smooth i don't even see run downs.

user posted image

luckymanhog
Prove it?

Look at some vids I don't have to love my maxed out settings.

user posted image

YankeesPwnMets

Sure you people think mine is slower um no.Runs smooth i don't even see run downs.

Run smooth at what res? 720P? 800x600?

luckymanhog

Run smooth at what res? 720P? 800x600?

My max screen res is 1280 x 1024 And why you put 800 x 600 that's poor res.

user posted image