Back To The Future: Liberty City

Jennawright

I have a request as well. Update the mod as you go or maybe a monthly update. Cuz the vice city mod hasn't been updated for a long time and I am seeing ppeople lose interest in it...

when I minimize the game and open it again, a problem occurs and the game closes.
That happens to me, if you alt+tab out of the game while it's running it crashes.

user posted image

looks like thats from extra debug stuff left in the game.

when I minimize the game and open it again, a problem occurs and the game closes.
That happens to me, if you alt+tab out of the game while it's running it crashes.

user posted image

lc will not change as this is an addon not a tc you will always be able to do gta III missions
Ah i see.

cant set missions to only load on 2001 because it will break the scm
In my opinion that is a feature that fits and would be possible, it just needs:

0004: $yearis2001 = 1

at the start of the script, and a

00D6: if 0038:   $yearis2001 == 1 // integer values 004D: jump_if_false @label_rest_of_loop_for_thread

at the start of each mission starter thread so all missions can be activated/deactivated. icon14.gif

I remember a cheat for the cheat device for VCS on the PSP that let you desable the missions. It could be possable to do this. But can you pull off the changing of destroyed buldings?

Edit: The radio idea I had would make sence. Have the radio station for the decade the player is in and the radio stations from the previous decades along with the option to turn off the radio. In 2001 and after the GTA 3 Radio is avalable. It would make sense because now for example your not restricted to the current generation of music.

PS. If that was the case when Dubstep plays I'd probaly smash my radio if I couldn't turn it off.

Edited by nkjellman

might be able to do the thing with buildings , I'll see about shutting missions off in 2002 and having the current in 2001 , will also see about having lc stations in 2001 and the custom.pls for 2002+

might be able to do the thing with buildings , I'll see about shutting missions off in 2002 and having the current in 2001 , will also see about having lc stations in 2001 and the custom.pls for 2002+

Yea have the missions there only in 2001. Also it would be cool if you could make the LCS radio stations be there in 1998.

But if you were to have LCS radio you would have to download those massive audio files, it is better off only having the '01 stations in '01 and the rest is internet radio from the appropriate time.

Added burnouts, increasing of FOV when moving camera near the ground , Made the mod uninstallable from add/remove programs, Fixed a crash when unminimising the game in full screen mode, Fixed sounds still playing when the game is minimised, Made 2001 use GTA3's default radio,Made the many crash messages use visual styles

Great, Keep it up. icon14.gif

Who coded the launcher? Who coded the time travel+hoverboard+flying physics+time flames+hud effects+everything else?

Edited by Frank.s

• 2 weeks later...
We have a job opening for a car modeler PM me with some work if you'd like to join.

I'm no car modeler, but I was wondering. for 2015 you should make it look like now, and eather have an ulternet 2015 that would be the one in the movie, or make a later year look like 2015 from the movie, like 2055. I think that would make more sense because 2015 is less than 4 years from now and I dont think we will have holograms, hoverbords, and flying cars.

sorry we can't change what is in the movie we have to stick to the story, not whats real.

Well Doc said in the third movie that the future wasnt written yet. So I guss he means that it changes over the course of time. Like they alter time in the past they alter the future in the present. Real life didnt have a Doc who made a time machine. We would be much farther along technology wise if we did.

Yes that is true , however we are not writing a new story therefor the events have to happen exactly how the movies predicted.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Long time no update,

It's Snowing!!! from 7am to 10pm every night in December

Also an update on staff posissions open

• Building modelers
  • Car modelers
user posted image

Nice work. However you should also make it snow January and Febuary too. Also you should make it so the weather becomes cloudy.

the reason its only in December is its more of an official Easter egg , for Christmas and surrounding holidays.

Hey Jenny, I guess you should add your own interiors to buildings, I love interiors more than anything. Also do some work on the overall graphics of the game to make it look a bit better. And can you please tell us whether you are going to add a hill valley city to the game or not.

We don't plan to change any of the stock gta map, so the graphics of liberty city will be the same.

the answer to your question, hill valley will be made. and we plan to have interiors for most buildings if not all of them.

Apart from hill valley interiors, can you get someone to make some custom predictable interiors for some of the existing buildings as well? Interiors just add a lot to the gameplay and make it fun.

Sorry, We want the Gta3 part of the experiance to stay original, that means not modifying buildings too.

Why isn't anyone interested any more? And jenny, please keep on updating us or else the whole mod will lose it's inspiration.