Back To The Future: Liberty City

Jennawright

You have made it too awesome, dont know what to say!!! blush.gif

Just wanna ask, umm HOW did you do the ingame map, just want to learn biggrin.gif?

Renders the texture on screen, and triangulates the position in the map relative to the players point in the world.

Unless there is a way of re-rendering what's on the radar, saving calculations.

Yl8KS.jpg

I know that overall process actually, might learn better with a sneak peak of the source code. Also how do you point the radar markers on the custom map?

ok so heres how its done, on a button press "[" the game renders a png of the map, it loads code for each blip to render png's on top of the map, same with speedometers and the base of the time circuits.

How did you do it? ASI hook, d3d8.dll? You know this mod has a lot of visual hacks I ever known. Keep it up icon14.gificon14.gif

Also would like to see more alteration of the game physics too biggrin.gif

I am a really huge fan of BTTF stuff and I just love you for this mod... I just saw this article today when I was searching bttf mods for iv but I got THIS!!! Love you!

BTTF V1.1A Released today in two parts

part 1:Installer

part 2:(Pre Installer patch. and after installer DLL)

Lots of things were not added to the game as well as some bugs, they will be fixed within the next few months in a patch. along with an auto updater.

please look through the readme thoroughly

one thing not explained in the readme is a cheatcode to use marty which can be entered when not in a car

"MARTYMCFLY"

Have fun playing and Pm any bugs/crashes/errors to me.

Edited by Jennawright

I like the mod. I also like what you did with the internet radio. Probaly the best mod I downloaded for GTA III.

But Im wondering. Later on are you going to make the game much more 4d?

What I mean is:

-Like the Hill Vally mod for Vice City you guys should make the cars change with the erra's. However for 2015 Id just make them 2011 cars, and not the 2015 ones. I know it wasnt like that in the movie but maybe the movie 2015 cars could appear in 2055. Id ask the Hill Vally team to use their cars and ask other people who made car mods for permission that you can stick in there. Each erra doesnt realy need to have a bunch of cars. I would say that you guys shouldnt go through and model every car from every erra, but if you are able to use other car mods that would be able to get you cars from about every erra in time, and you could make the appropriate cars appear in the appropriate time period. What do you think? I could understand if you want to use your own work but wouldnt want to model all the cars, but if you could try and use other people's car mods, espesaly the Hill Vally cars it will add to this mod a tun.

-Another thing that would be realy cool but would take alot of time. Do you think you may make a map that can change through time? I remember you stated earlier that you wanted to keep the GTA III Liberty City map which is your choice. But I thought of a good idea. You know Upstate, the part of the map that's missing from the GTA III map. A great idea you should do is make the mountan's complete blocking veiw of LC. Then on the other side of the mountans there is enough room to make a small Hill Vally map. The Hill Vally can change to be the erra's you guys picked. It's not the map has to be small but the parts of the map that are suppost to be man made would be whats changing. It could have the buldings from the movie that change through time. Ofcorse it would be rediculus to make every time, unless you came up with some method to make it flow but I dont see an easy way of doing that. Also the 2015 Hill Vally Id say should look like a 2011 Hill Vally, and the 2055 Hill Vally should look like the one from the movie. It would be in tune with the way the technology went. You guys making this on GTA III is an advantage because you have the back area that wasnt made behind Shore Side Vale to work with. I think it would be cool and you can block out Liberty City with mountans so people who want the most 4d as possable can have it, they just dont go to the LC side. What do you think about the idea? You should do it behind Shore Side Vale because agein you can block out the GTA III map so you dont see high rise buldings in 1885.

Also one thing I found. On the Back to the Future 2 Delorion the booster's are not right. They go too slow to get up to 88mph. In the movie they could get up to 88mph in hover mode because they time traveled in Hover mode.

I understand this is only the first release but those are things that would be cool to have later on. It would litterly make it like a legit BTTF game.

BTW is Hill Vally anywhere on the map? I remember it being in one of your vid's.

But over all great mod. I realy love it. You guys did a great job.

hill valley was on there but i think we forgot a file so you will have to wait for the 1.1B patch for hill valley also we are no longer in cooperation with the vc mod at all. so the cars will be modeled by our car modeler

hill valley was on there but i think we forgot a file so you will have to wait for the 1.1B patch for hill valley  also we are no longer in cooperation with the vc mod at all. so the cars will be modeled by our car modeler

Ok thats ok too. Are you going to figure out how to get the right time periods? Also what do you think of my Hill Vally Upstate idea?

Actually quite recently we started thinking about moving hv up there, the cars will be in the right periods, we also have an idea for a transition through time on buildings

1930 (complete map) in between (buildings being renovated bricks everywhere.) 1955 (complete map)

Hey. Thanks for the download. I'm going to try this now. And I am really hoping that this mod will complete soon ( maybe not more than in year) cuz the hill valley mod for vice city hasn't been updated for like 3 years ( or more )!

Actually quite recently we started thinking about moving hv up there, the cars will be in the right periods, we also have an idea for a transition through time on buildings

1930 (complete map) in between (buildings being renovated bricks everywhere.) 1955 (complete map)

Yea that's what I was thinking. Most of the land would still be the same but the buldings would change.

But I want to know. Will Liberty City change at all. I think it would be alot of work but are you guys thinking about it? Hill Vally should be easier because it's not that big of a place with alot of buildings.

One other thing. Is it possable to have winter in LC? Maybe some script that changes textures during the winter months. (If you do make winter I wouldnt make it in HV because HV doesnt have snow, Im gussing, because in the movie November 1955 looked warm.

One idea I had with the radio stations. You have one for each Decade there is radio. I was thinking that instead of having only one per time period just have the one from the curent time, and the ones from earlier times, plus an option to turn off the radio. Also 2001 and later, you should also have the GTA III radio stations become avalable. Maybe in 1998 to 2000 you could make the LCS radio be there. That would be cool.

Another idea would be to port some of the map objects, and colls from GTA Liberty City, because now you can fly.

I know my idea's sound like alot of work but they will be awsome to see.

Edited by nkjellman

Why not replace all the buildings with Hill Valley buildings and have chunks of the map replaced with chunks of hill valley and use textures on all the remaining roads+buildings the same as hill valley?

Why not replace all the buildings with Hill Valley buildings and have chunks of the map replaced with chunks of hill valley and use textures on all the remaining roads+buildings the same as hill valley?

If I was making this I would of removed LC and made HV. But I probaly would also do this on SA or IV (if the modding was more advanced). On SA there is a horse mod. That would be usefull for 1885. If he removed LC he would have to change the name of the mod, at least remove the Liberty City part.

winter in lc, sounds like an interesting idea, lc will not change as this is an addon not a tc you will always be able to do gta III missions

winter in lc, sounds like an interesting idea, lc will not change as this is an addon not a tc you will always be able to do gta III missions

With that being said as it is an addon you should make the defalt time 2001 instead of 2011. Maybe you could make the GTA III missions only avalable in 2001 so it cronicalogicly makes sense, time wise. You could end up working with a GTA III character in the 1880's which they wernt around then. However if you pull off winter you could manage to pull off the other seasons by changing the trees.

Im wondering did you also like my idea for the radio's. You can listen to radio stations from earlier times if you want to or listen to the curent music. Id love to have the classic rock one for the 80's playing in 2011 for example. The 80's music is still around.

Do you think you may make travel through the GTA story line possable? For example if you unlocked Stauntan island and you go back to earlier 2001 the bridge is destroyed, and if you go back before GTA III even started it's back to normal. It would be sweet if you managed to pull off having the map look like LCS in 1998. Also do you think you may do the clock tower stuff in this that GTA Hill Vally had? Clock tower starts working on September of 1885 (cant remember the exact date), then is struck by lightning on November (what ever the day was) 1955 at 10:04pm, and have the hook thing working. I remember that in Hill Vally and it was amasing. Also because this is in GTA III you could make the time train work like a time train.

I understand alot of my idea's sound like hard work but they pop into my head as I type so why not share them.

Hello there. I think I want to be with you in this mod, maybe as a beta tester. Cuz I just love this mod. I don't have any experience with gta modding but being a programmer, I think I know the basics. So please, count me in...

Anyways, I just tested it and got a problem. There should be some other way to spawn the DeLeroens cuz if someone keeps on pressing the \ button, DeLoreans keep on spawning which fills the screen and the game crashes. another thing I observed is that when I minimize the game and open it again, a problem occurs and the game closes.

With that being said as it is an addon you should make the defalt time 2001 instead of 2011. Maybe you could make the GTA III missions only avalable in 2001 so it cronicalogicly makes sense, time wise. You could end up working with a GTA III character in the 1880's which they wernt around then. However if you pull off winter you could manage to pull off the other seasons by changing the trees.

Im wondering did you also like my idea for the radio's. You can listen to radio stations from earlier times if you want to or listen to the curent music. Id love to have the classic rock one for the 80's playing in 2011 for example. The 80's music is still around.

Do you think you may make travel through the GTA story line possable? For example if you unlocked Stauntan island and you go back to earlier 2001 the bridge is destroyed, and if you go back before GTA III even started it's back to normal. It would be sweet if you managed to pull off having the map look like LCS in 1998. Also do you think you may do the clock tower stuff in this that GTA Hill Vally had? Clock tower starts working on September of 1885 (cant remember the exact date), then is struck by lightning on November (what ever the day was) 1955 at 10:04pm, and have the hook thing working. I remember that in Hill Vally and it was amasing. Also because this is in GTA III you could make the time train work like a time train.

I understand alot of my idea's sound like hard work but they pop into my head as I type so why not share them.

well i cant set missions to only load on 2001 because it will break the scm, seasons if winter works will probably be easy.

once we have a proper clocktower yes it will be a feature.

radios are fine as they are not to be mean but theres a custom pls in the gta III user files for a reason for players to use their own internet radio as well as the 1.1B will include the mp3 player.

Hello there. I think I want to be with you in this mod, maybe as a beta tester. Cuz I just love this mod. I don't have any experience with gta modding but being a programmer, I think I know the basics. So please, count me in...

Anyways, I just tested it and got a problem. There should be some other way to spawn the DeLeroens cuz if someone keeps on pressing the \ button, DeLoreans keep on spawning which fills the screen and the game crashes. another thing I observed is that when I minimize the game and open it again, a problem occurs and the game closes.

thats not a bug thats just abusing the spawn key (which wont be there in 1.1B)

when I minimize the game and open it again, a problem occurs and the game closes.
That happens to me, if you alt+tab out of the game while it's running it crashes.

user posted image

lc will not change as this is an addon not a tc you will always be able to do gta III missions
Ah i see.

cant set missions to only load on 2001 because it will break the scm
In my opinion that is a feature that fits and would be possible, it just needs:

0004: $yearis2001 = 1

at the start of the script, and a

00D6: if 0038:   $yearis2001 == 1 // integer values 004D: jump_if_false @label_rest_of_loop_for_thread

at the start of each mission starter thread so all missions can be activated/deactivated. icon14.gif

Edited by Frank.s