2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Jennawright

Back To The Future: Liberty City

Jennawright

We thought about making some hills of dirt and random crucifixes but we haven't thought into it too much

by the way heres a small update for the mod.

user posted image

Video

nkjellman

The pic does not show anything.

But Im wondering. What are you going to do with Hill Vally and Liberty City? Will you eventuly remove LC and make just a time changing HV? Are you going to have LC and have a time changing HV? Or are you going to have a time changing HV and make LC change also?

If your going to do different erras you guys should try creating different maps at different altitudes and when you travel to a suspific date your TP'ed to up or down to the location. It would only change your spot on the Z axis. Also Id use the normal heigh map as 1985 and that should be the only one where you can get the Dodo becasue the height limmit will mess it up. But anyway the idea is like East Cost Stories for Vice City, and that way you wouldnt have to reload the map. But you may want to set a height limmit for flying cars and the hovering Delorion so you dont fly up to a different erra. But it may be a good idea to use a map that does not contain water (like big bodies of water that you can drive a boat on), so you dont have boats floating up.

Jennawright

The pic does not show anything.

It clearly shows that you can now carry a hoverboard in your hand or a car

What are you going to do with Hill Vally and Liberty City? Will you eventuly remove LC and make just a time changing HV? Are you going to have LC and have a time changing HV? Or are you going to have a time changing HV and make LC change also?

LC will stay as it is and HV will change to the years

If your going to do different erras you guys should try creating different maps at different altitudes and when you travel to a suspific date your TP'ed to up or down to the location. It would only change your spot on the Z axis. Also Id use the normal heigh map as 1985

why would I do that.....

and that should be the only one where you can get the Dodo becasue the height limmit will mess it up.

ok

A. the delorean is not a dodo

and

B. I removed the height limit a long time ago

nkjellman

When I said the pic did not show anything I ment that it was just black. Its working now.

Different maps at different altitudes would mean that the different time eras are far away from each other on the Z axis, and it wont be too hard to change what everything looks like. In the game you wont realize your changing altitudes. When you time travel your position would only change ont the Z axis. That way you can change LC too. I think it would be weird having LC there and staying the same. Like you travel to 1885 and your in the old western Hill Vally, and there is modern day LC a few miles away.

Last what I ment by the dodo is it would be the vehicle it was in GTA 3, different than the Delorien.

About you removing the height limmit. Ive been looking for a way to remove the height limmit in GTA 3 for a while now. Do you think you could send me the file you used to do this?

But I still love the idea of the mod.

Jennawright

if i sent you the file i used i'd be sending the whole mod biggrin.gif everything is in an exe sorry

nkjellman

Ok. Thats fine. But is there a tool you used to do it? How did you do it? And the most important question. Does the Dodo fly like a normal plane. Many have tryed to get it to do that.

Jennawright

I used visual studio 2010 , the Dodo still flys like a dodo to give the feeling of no lc files edited in the add-on the reason a dodo cant fly is because it uses car physics and a handling line. instead of just plane or heli physics as the BTTF2 DeLorean uses heli physics when in flying mode and handling when in driving mode.

nkjellman

I could belive that. It would phisicly act like that if the wings were cliped off in real life. Its at a point where it can get some lift off the ground. BTW if thats the case then why is there a height limmit, and how high is the height limmit?

Jennawright

I believe the height limit was a few hundred feet above the city, enough to make below you seem grey on full draw distance

nkjellman

Well Ill tell you that's proof that they were going to have fully working planes and/or helicopters. Does your the Hovering BTTF2 DeLorean use heli physics that were aready in the game, or ones that you implemented. If any of these are the case you realy should consider making a working heli mod.

Jennawright

yes I am using the in game physics

Jennawright

new wormhole, rear view mirror , and scrolling radio text

**NOTE**

FPS counter is only there for testing will not be in the release

user posted image

Jennawright

rear view camera removed as it lags the game....

coin-god
rear view camera removed as it lags the game....

And it's kinda pointless anyways.

Jennawright

user posted image Fusion monitor for newspaper pickup

10 papers make a full time travel in a bttf2,3,rr

Jennawright

Presenting Wheel sparks

user posted image

Edited by Jennawright

Jennawright

new tc's

user posted image

ALMOST610

Very Nice, are you still on track for the October 26 release date?

Swoorup

Impressive announcements and screenshots

icon14.gif

Jennawright

on oct 15th i will announce if the release date will be changed or not.

nkjellman
on oct 15th i will announce if the release date will be changed or not.

Just wondering, are you still keeping the GTA 3 missions in the game or will you make a new story. I think you should remove the GTA 3 missions because it will make the mod feal like a TC rather than an addon for GTA 3. Also are you going to make the cars change with the time period like Back to the Future Hill Vally had?

But I cant wait for the release. Ill definitly download this when it's released.

Jennawright

Just wondering, are you still keeping the GTA 3 missions in the game or will you make a new story. I think you should remove the GTA 3 missions because it will make the mod feal like a TC rather than an addon for GTA 3. Also are you going to make the cars change with the time period like Back to the Future Hill Vally had?

But I cant wait for the release. Ill definitly download this when it's released.

ok well here's how this goes

the original missions stay in there will be a side story for bttf we don't want it to be a tc we want it to be an addon, there's a few tricks up our sleeves for extra cars for the other eras.

nkjellman

Ok will original save games work? They should if you do this all via cleo.

Offtopic: You told me that the dodo was aculy a car and had car properties. So I know that its possable to make Dodo handling on GTA VC because cars act like that when you use the flying cars cheat, and in SA boats act like that when you use the boat. So Im wondering. Is it possable to make a Dodo on GTA IV/EFLC? Or make a car fly like a Dodo? Can I try porting the values into the corrisponding GTA IV values? Also what was the height limmit set at on the Z axis? I know on GTA VC, LCS, and VCS its 80, SA and TBOGT its 2400, and GTA IV and TLAD its 1200.

Edited by nkjellman

Jennawright

we no longer support cleo but original saves work.

offtopic: I dont know how gta IV works sorry, also the height limit if i am correct is the same as vc

Jennawright

ok guys lots of improvements coding wise such as reentry explosions, more tweaks on the flying delorean, fixing issues with coronas showing through the cars, and adding shading behind onscreen text/images much like this picture here of shading added to one of our oldest features the ingame map which was toggled by hitting "[" and is now toggled as long as you are holding "["

user posted image

Frank.s

Great stuff, kiu. icon14.gif

Jennawright

(Incar Time Circuits)

user posted image

coin-god

Damn that's awesome!

I really think it's a shame this mod is for GTAIII, many people wont play it because of this.

Jennawright

then they dont know what they are missing out on wink.gif

Jennawright

ok guys speedometer now works, proper dash cam as well

need to tweak the corona system more so the flux capacitor will show when in dash cam

user posted image

also once our modeler finishes the cars actual dash i will begin work on the regular speedometer, fuel meter and rpm needles