2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

BabeRuth

Do You Think Ryder Died Too Early?

Did He Die Too Early?  

365 members have voted

1. 1. Did He Die Too Early?

• Yes He died too early
    • He could have died a little bit later in the game (In Las Venturas)
    • He died at the perfect time during the game
    • Doesn't matter
    • He could've died much later in the game (When you return to Los Santos)

lil weasel

As I said, Ryder follows Big Smoke,. doesn't seem to be much more than that.

Always have disliked that Cut-Scene.

CJ sees around corners, Manages to get in the Drivers seat without moving Cesar(?) Why was the Green Sabre being moved(?) How did CJ figure out it was an ambush (?) Where was the car going (?)

So Ryder gets offed at his second. meeting representing Big Smoke.... Bad luck there, at least CJ didn't do for them at the first (known) meeting, the game might have been shorter sigh.gif Where was Toreno, Jizzy and Big Smoke when this was going on?

BabeRuth

As I said, Ryder follows Big Smoke,. doesn't seem to be much more than that.

Always have disliked that Cut-Scene.

CJ sees around corners, Manages to get in the Drivers seat without moving Cesar(?) Why was the Green Sabre being moved(?) How did CJ figure out it was an ambush (?) Where was the car going (?)

So Ryder gets offed at his second. meeting representing Big Smoke.... Bad luck there, at least CJ didn't do for them at the first (known) meeting, the game might have been shorter  sigh.gif  Where was Toreno, Jizzy and Big Smoke when this was going on?

They were probly at a meeting just like in that mission "Photo Oppertunity" were was Big-Smoke.?

here's the Link:

(In PC Version)

(In PS2 Version)

ToniForelli

too early he could just survive until the last mission

Ledsbourne

The perfect moment I think, he was kind of "boss" in SF as Pulaski was kind of boss in LV. Also I don't think Ryder was just used by Smoke, from the beginning he was the "false friend" and he was the one actually representing Smoke on meetings with Loco Syndicate and hanging with the Ballas. And also I can't say Smoke worked for CRASH, it was more like mutual cooperation - CRASH protected Smoke and was giving him hints about other gangs etc. and Smoke was doing some little jobs/snitched for CRASH. Tenpenny and Pulaski were involved in drive-by that killed CJ's mom, but I don't think they actually were the masterminds behind this nor behind all the crack selling - they just had their sliced from Big Smoke.

BabeRuth
too early he could just survive until the last mission

it would have been nice to see a 2 on 2 (2vs2) CJ/Sweet Vs. Big-Smoke/Ryder.

alifjenius

Vote for died to early

He should have died in "Back to Los Santos" part

iGrandTheftAuto

I think he died too early, there could have been more missions that could have focused more on him and maybe later in Venturas he could have been killed or at the same time and place as Big Smoke.

MyDog

It was too early imo. Made him look like an unimportant character, while Big Smoke took all the credits for the backstabbing of GSF.

BabeRuth
Vote for died to early

He should have died in "Back to Los Santos" part

I agree with you. I think he should have died getting back to Los-Santos.

@MyDog

Indeed.

@IGrandTheftAuto

that would have been too late in my opinion.

Metzger

I think that he died at the perfect time during the game, because imho if CJ would fail to assassinate Ryder at the first time, then it would be quite a challenge for CJ to track him down, because Ryder would be aware that CJ is after him. Besides, Ryder would tell Big Smoke about what happened at San Fierro's Pier 69 and eventually, they would prepare themselves for CJ's return to Los Santos, which would make final missions (especially End of the Line) much more difficult.

DarrinPA
Sure, Ryder doesn't do anything Drug related, except use them. He was a Gun 'dealer' of sorts for the homies. The only person who had direct relations to C.R.A.S.H. was Big Smoke. That's why Ryder was still living in the 'hood'.

Actually Ryder was cooking up PCP in his kitchen, Tenpenny walked in and took some. From the dialogue it made it seem like this was a routine or scheduled pick-up.

Plus, Big Smoke moved out* of the hood because he was making the most money. But Ryder was a second hand man to Smoke in the Loco Syndicate.

* It wasn't so much out of the hood as much as it was moved to a new hood that allowed him to move freely between Grove Street and Ballas areas [along with his Crack Palace] without being noticed.

As for my vote. I said Too Early. Because I didn't feel as if it was the right location nor time. I would have preffered if he got away at that point. Then hunt him down later, possibly in Whetstone. What can I say, I like road trips as long as I don't have hydraulics.

BabeRuth

I agree with DarrinPA wrong place/mission and time for Ryder to die.

UberChargedCJ

yes he died because he betrayed the grove street because he wants to join with ballas

he's in goddamn hell because he betrayed the groves street

American Venom

He should've died when he was in his dad's.... umm "ballsack".

spiderman3000

He shouldn't have died that early. CJ showed no emotion against Ryder, even though he was his childhood friend alongwith Smoke.

BabeRuth
yes he died because he betrayed the grove street because he wants to join with ballas

but that doesn't explain why he died too early in the game or why you think he died too early in the game.

UberChargedCJ

but that doesn't explain why he died too early in the game or why you think he died too early in the game.

it was obvious he died in Pier 69 as gta wikia says so

BabeRuth

it was obvious he died in Pier 69 as gta wikia says so

True...But like you said you think he died at the right time because be betrayed Grove street and he wanted to join the Ballas. which clearly isn't a good enough explanation.

.Olbricht.

Ryder was a dick. I hated him from the very start. He's pompous, feels like he knows the streets; he knows everything. He deserved to die. smile.gif

BabeRuth
Ryder was a dick. I hated him from the very start. He's pompous, feels like he knows the streets; he knows everything. He deserved to die. smile.gif

you exactly the same as (UberChargedCJ) give everyone/us a good explanation please icon14.gif .

Matty

I think he should've been killed some time in the final Los Santos mission strand, as there is a lot of time between "Pier 69" and the final mission strand in the game. Instead of having to kill him in Pear 69, it should be implied that he escaped back to Los Santos. The mission "Home Coming" would've been a good mission to see Ryder's demise as a finale, in my opinion. For example, you take back Grove Street and Ryder runs from his house on Grove Street, and you have to kill him and his new allies in a final battle.

BabeRuth

not bad. tounge.gif good theory man icon14.gif

Sir_Twist

I personally thought that it was too late to kill Ryder. He should have been killed soon after the one meeting where you take photos. He lived too long, in my book, to get to Pier 69.

Mr Rabbit

Ryder DIED?1! oh man!

JustRob

I felt like it was a bit early. But then Ryder wasn't that interesting at all.

Every time the CRASH / Ballas subject comes up, Big Smoke is the one they talk about. The Green Sabre, despite Ryder showing his face first, CJ only seems to be surprised by Smoke coming out. Not to mention Ryder is always bitching on CJ, even though CJ never really got offended.

It meant a lot to me that CJ lamented Ryder's death during Yay Ka-boom-boom, but lost respect for Ryder right after that when I heard he tried to rape Kendl.

In the end, Ryder is a tiny man, in every sense of the word. His arrogance is unrivaled, he's addicted to PCP, he's weak as hell and he's a coward.

BullworthAcademy
Yes, but I think that this is classified as a spoiler.

Since the game is 6 years old, I'm pretty sure everyone knows this by now.

Also, this would be better suited to the SA forums.

Moved

Not me,I'm only on the part when you race Wu Zi Mu. mad.gif by the way,it's 7 years old.

lil weasel

When you reply to a one year old quote I wouldn't expect it to have the same Date/Year as today.

You need to be more observant.

huevos_benedicto_180

I think he died at the right time but more could have been made of it; he was one of the main characters in the Los Santos part of the game yet when you kill him there isn't really too much drama, like you're just killing a member of say the Ballas instead of one of your own.

lil weasel

CJ warned Ryder (back in the Home Invasion) and he was disgusted with Ryders behavior all along.

huevos_benedicto_180
CJ warned Ryder (back in the Home Invasion) and he was disgusted with Ryders behavior all along.

Without a doubt but I guess I expected a little more grandeur around the way you killed him...perhaps a mission of his own rather than being grouped together with T-Bone.