Do you like where you live?

trip

Don't came in here looking for a well formated post.

The question is simple.

Do you like where you live or would you rather live elsewhere?

I like where I live. I like the people and I like our f*cked up local culture. Aside from some of the painful summer heat and humidity, I really have no desire to live elsewhere.

AlexGTAGamer

I like where I live though I do have dreams of moving to other places, it's cold in the winter most of the time bringing snow and causing chaos on the roads (which by now we should really be used to) and hot, humid weather in the summer, boy was it humid here today. Not sure what the temp was today it was definitely somewhere between 20-30°C.

I like where I live now, it's like a wee post card village.

Although I do hunger for the hustle and bustle every now and then!

I could do without our long winters, I've never been a fan of the snow really. Waiting for summer all winter long also makes it seem much longer and our summers much shorter. icon13.gif

I wouldn't mind living somewhere else if it wasn't for friends and family

I could do without our long winters, I've never been a fan of the snow really. Waiting for summer all winter long also makes it seem much longer and our summers much shorter.  icon13.gif

I wouldn't mind living somewhere else if it wasn't for friends and family

this. the cold sucks. I want to move down south to a bigger city with a warmer climate but I don't want to leave my family and friends.

the first snow is always nice, when it's all powdery and you got about a foot or more of it on the ground. a month in I get sick of it and want it to be warm again.

<3 minnesota. -20F in the winter, and high 90's in the summer.

I hate where i live with a passion. But i'll be moving back home to Los Angeles in a year though, so no biggie. The city i'm in now goes to sleep at 8pm and wakes up till 10am. I'm a night person and so that frustrates me lol. At least LA there's always something to do 24/7.

Hi! I love the place I live! It's next to the nature and to the city! It's perfect! I am surrounded by mountains, but just 5 minutes take me to the downtown lol.gif Look some pictures and see how beautiful is the place I live!

user posted image

I live in some of the apartment buildings next to the houses. There're mountains and nature to the east, and the city to the west!

user posted image

From downtown to my neighborhood (the mountains!)

There're a lot of animals like parrots and hawks around there, the neighborhoods are friendly (except for some people...... dontgetit.gif ) and the weather is good! There aren't many rains and the temperature is mild (except sometimes when it reaches 40 degrees in the summer mad.gif ) But thankfully my city isn't humity, I HATE HUMITIDY!! The restaurants are excelent! I LOVE THE PLACE I LIVE!!!!!!! inlove.gifinlove.gif

lil weasel

I like where I live though I do have dreams of moving to other places, it's cold in the winter most of the time bringing snow and causing chaos on the roads (which by now we should really be used to) and hot, humid weather in the summer, boy was it humid here today. Not sure what the temp was today it was definitely somewhere between 20-30°C.

Simular to above ^^ .. I was Born a West Virginia Hillbilly transplanted to Connecticut.

Sometimes thought of Scotland. I think Scots settled there and in this area by the names of Families and a lot of meres, etc. here.

But, the Laws here suit me, so far.

Vendors are comfortably close...

I don't think there is a place on Earth that has Good weather most of the time without some bug, nasty vermine, or illness that thrives there.

Edited by lil weasel

I currently live at home with my parents as school is out for the summer. While I was at university my parents ended up buying a new house. Our old house wasn't overly fancy, but the location was nice as it was about a 10 minute drive from town. Our new house is very nice, but it's in the middle of nowhere. We went from a 10 minute drive to an hour drive to get to town. Since we live in the middle of nowhere, we've got virtually neighbours, although we do have our own private lake. That said, I like living here in Nova Scotia, Canada, but I can't say I'm overly fond of were we live.

Some day once I'm done school I'd like to live elsewhere. Perhaps somewhere out west like Vancouver. Always loved Ottawa too. I'd never leave Canada though. I love it too much here.

I love my little village.

However, its not a question of wanting to really live somewhere else right now for me. Since I'm in ACE right now I'm literally sitting in San Diego hostel on my off days enjoying every little place that i get to go to with this Volunteer thing. I've come to think that I'd live exactly where I do in England as long as right now and in the future I get to see every other place I would think I'd like to ''live'' just to see if I could actually really live there and not just wonder about it.

I hate where I live, it's a somewhat rural area in Connecticut. There's nothing to do there. Sure there is stuff to do around there, but I can't drive and the only thing with in walking distance is a convenience store essentially.

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

As much as I (and everyone else living here) has a lot of self deprecating humour about this city, I love it. The weather, how laid back it is while also having the benefits of a large city.

Plus, Australia punches well above its weight on many things. Global exposure, strength and prevalence of currency, citizen-to-Daft-Punk-concert ratio, culture, popularity, latent racism, nature, affordable domestic airfares.

Tons of people want to live here.

I live in center of Washington state, USA. We have some pretty extreme seasons. 100+ degree Fahrenheit Summers, negative degree Winters. Rainy Spring and Falls just with Spring being really green and bloomy, and then Fall being brown and like death. It's a very wide range of weather that I don't care for. I'm from northern California where it was usually sunny with some rain or fog. But I moved here when I was twelve or so, and I still don't like it. I get hot quicker than most people so I sweat balls in my kitchen job with no air conditioner or windows. Other seasons are much more bearable with my job though. I'd like to live somewhere nice and nature like where it stays somewhere in the range of 50-70 degrees maximum. I'm not sure if there even is a place like this.

user posted image

Wow Cidamelo nice place you living on! icon14.gif

Oklahoma city is fine

except for the tornadoes that almost got me on may 23rd

also there isn't that much place to go but i like Plains,but in the Metro its meh,not good not bad.

user posted image

NW downtorn

and this is where people in my area celebrates July 4th

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h317/aor...seJune20062.jpg

user posted image

Well even though Carlisle Is sh*t boring I still like It and I live In a nice estate too. So yeah I like where I live icon14.gif

Well even though Carlisle Is sh*t boring I still like It and I live In a nice estate too. So yeah I like where I live icon14.gif

You just had Radio 1's Big Weekend, it may not be your kind of music but sh*t's still exciting.

I'm back at home for the summer, and it's alright. Middlesbrough/Stockton's pretty good during the summer. There's 3 or 4 big local music events, an international street theatre festival that even the chavs come out to enjoy (and generally, not ruin) and just a generally nice atmosphere. Of course, it's pretty boring and miserable for the rest of the year, but it's pretty OK during the summertime.

As for where I've lived for the past 9 months, Newcastle, it's a lot more exciting on the whole than my hometown. A big, bustling city, lots of night life, big parks, hundreds of different places to eat and the biggest music venue in the North East, so all the big acts definitely hit the 'toon when they're on tour. It does rain though, a lot. I swear after moving in September I made it all the way to December with rain of some degree every day.

user posted image

Can't stand it. Wish I lived in the U.S.

But hey, wish in one hand, sh*t in the other, see which one fills up first..

Ditto.

I dont like it here either, but there's a beauty of their own in every country. I'm just tired and bored here nowadays and i got this "Gotta Get Away" feeling.

I would like to live in Canada too, but U.S. is my destination.

Tons of people want to live here.

Count me in.

I was thinking about this when I was moving the lawn. Finland is a paradise during the summer. The pretty birch trees flowing in the wind. Lakes everywhere. Sun shines during the night. Awesome.

But the rest of the year is opposite. Wet, cold, dark and depressing. During the winter the sun sets at around 16:30-17:00. The roads are covered in a water/snow/dirt mixture all over. Not awesome.

Do you have birch trees in Australia? Or should I smuggle some seeds in and destroy the whole ecosystem?

SarahPilko

It is a nice place to live where I am at, which is near Nottingham. 5 mins walk to town but lots of green around me. I live in the nice part of town, weather is not that bad as people assume England is, well in eastern England it isn't that bad. I love where I live ^^ but I am moving to Nottingham next year but the city has a lot of nice things and nightlife too ^^

LongHairedFreakyGuy

icon14.gif

I used to love the village I grew up in all my life. Although it was near Bradford (2nd most violent city in England after London), the village itself was nice. With living in Yorkshire, you are literally surrounded by nothing but nature, so it's good when you just want a break from it all.

user posted image

If you're from England, you'll understand when I say it was your typical Yorkshire villlage. Best place I have ever lived, and really want to move back.

Anyhoo, got forced out of Yorkshire (long story), and now am living in a sh*tty town up near Newcastle, called Hartlepool. One of the most sh*ttiest, run-down places I have ever seen. Every house is boarded up, and there's f*ck all to do around here, unless it's really sunny, then you can go to the beach.

Hoping one day to move back down Yorkshire, but not sure yet. Biggest dream is to pack up and f*ck off to the US.

Hmmm nice bike

I'm happy where I am right now (and where I have been for my entire life). A nice neighborhood in Chicago, not too far from downtown, and there's lots of things to do in this city in the summer icon14.gif But if I had to live anywhere else, though, it would be southern California (either in or around Los Angeles or San Diego, I've been to both to visit family I have out there) because of the weather (no snow, good temperatures, doesn't rain much, etc.). But that would be it, I don't wish I lived out there or anything. I love Chicago too much already, and I realistically don't see myself going anywhere else soon, anyway icon14.gif

user posted image

Edited by Claude94

This.

Well not that i wouldn't love to live there but, is it realy all like what we see in television and videogames? I'd say no hehe.

Hi friends I would like to live sometime in the USA but I prefer to live in my city!! I can't even speak English lol.gif

RedBlues thank you!!! alien.gif

Butters 2011 what beautiful place!!! Yorkshire is awesome!!

I'm from Newcastle, England initially. Great place and I still get chills when heading back on the train over the river, looking at the Swing Bridge/Tyne Bridge/Millenium Eye + the rest of the quayside. Great atmosphere and pretty good for what is a relatively small city in comparison to elsewhere. And most of all, compared to living elsewhere, more or less everyone's a Newcastle fan. I've currently got a week left in Manchester for university. It's a great city too, much bigger and so much more varied with concern to things to do. I love both places, but after uni I reckon I might wander around a bit, hopefully see some European or North American cities (although cidamelo's hometown looks pretty good too). I like all the hustle and bustle of the city, really couldn't stand living rurally with f*ck all to do. Don't get me wrong, I like the sun and all the green and whatnot, but I'll save it for when I'm older.

user posted image

Yes, I love where I live, but I'm pretty sure everyone on the forums knows that by now.