Locked Topics

1st gtaROCKER

1st gtaROCKER

It really isn't nice having to wade through half a page of locked topics to get the topic you want, and especially so in forums like this where there is a lot of them being locked all the time.

We already know through numerous topics regarding locked topics that topics only get deleted if they contain "illegal or questionable material", so normal topics that have been recently locked stay crowding the first page, leaving you with a majority of locked topics on that page. These means that some new threads end up on the second page, thus they don't really get looked at, even if it's a very useful topic.

I think we should have a special sub-section within a forum especially for locked topics. For example, you go into the GTA V forum, and besides the page numbers it says "Locked Topics", which, when clicked on, leads you to a page containing all the GTA V forum's locked topics, seperate from the others.

This would be good because:

• It would mean you could find normal topics without going through a page of locked topics.
  • It kept all the useful topics from falling to the back pages, away from view.
  • It would keep the topics that were meant only as information, without people posting, from dropping to where people won't find it.
So, what do you think?

*Official GTAFNS Forums Member*

.:See Official Topic for the Link:.

.:PM me for details:.

1st gtaROCKER

Maybe it's not been done because nobody's thought of it?

There is a few clear advantages, and I can't really see any disadvantages, so why not?

There's nothing really wrong with the way it is now. Your suggestion I would argue would actually have more disadvantages. Locked topics show what is against the rules, what has been posted before, and stuff like that. If all locked topics where put into a different forum, it's going to make more work for moderators, add an unnecessary forum full of locked topics which nobody is going to wade though.

1st gtaROCKER

I guess so. It's just annoying having to go through loads of locked threads to get to the one you want. I counted 18 locked topics just on the first page.

I guess so. It's just annoying having to go through loads of locked threads to get to the one you want. I counted 18 locked topics just on the first page.

Where? I think you exaggerate the amount of locked topics a bit.

@goin-god that could be said about most suggestions, but the site should be open to them and not just dismiss them all due to the shear amount of time the forums have been around.

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

@goin-god that could be said about most suggestions, but the site should be open to them and not just dismiss them all due to the shear amount of time the forums have been around.

Yes, it can be said about most suggestions. Because most suggestions are things that could have been implemented before, if they weren't there must be a reason.

Yl8KS.jpg

Spider-Vice

A topic is locked because the discussion is over, the answer to the question is said, no more need for further discussion. And as said above for things that have already been implemented and discussed 10000's of times in the past.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Yes, it can be said about most suggestions. Because most suggestions are things that could have been implemented before, if they weren't there must be a reason.

At the very least people can find out why it hasn't been implemented.

Spider-Vice

They can use the search function which won't hurt, if nothing is found then they can post freely.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

As it has been said, we leave locked topics so people can see what we do and don't accept as a topics. However, the topics can be binned creating a cleaner forum. But given the nature of some forums it doesn't take long for locked topics to drop off onto the next page.

They can use the search function which won't hurt, if nothing is found then they can post freely.

I agree.