Search

LongHairedFreakyGuy

LongHairedFreakyGuy
Been away for a while so excuse me if this has been mentioned, but is the search function down again? Been attempting to seach forums and getting an error page as a result.

I've noticed this particularly while searching for longer terms or having too many different options selected. Must be a database problem.

7FTgFLB.png

sonnyBlack

I just tested it and it works fine for me. What was the message you got back? Perhaps it just couldn't find any matches to what you searched for.

LongHairedFreakyGuy
I just tested it and it works fine for me. What was the message you got back? Perhaps it just couldn't find any matches to what you searched for.

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show.

The search term I used was "Where were" in the OT section, trying to find This Topic.

Also did searches for common terms such as "Hello" and "9/11", and still got that error message.

sonnyBlack

Yeah now I see what you mean, for some reason it doesn't work when you type 'where were', but oddly it showed that thread when I searched 'this happened'. notify.gif

Search doesn't work when the terms are too common (it would return a lot of results and put a heavy load on the server).

where and were are obviously very common terms. If you search for the whole title ("where were you when this happened" [in inverted commas]) in 'titles only', then it works.

Sent from my ayePhone

LongHairedFreakyGuy
Search doesn't work when the terms are too common (it would return a lot of results and put a heavy load on the server).

where and were are obviously very common terms. If you search for the whole title ("where were you when this happened" [in inverted commas]) in 'titles only', then it works.

Is that something you set up on this forum, or is it a standard thing with IPB? No biggie, just wondering if it was something that got set up after you took the search function down.

And cheers. Was no biggie anyway, just couldn't remember the full name of the topic so tried words I could remember, and wondered if the search function had been taken down again.