Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,823 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Corndawg93

Fave Band/singer

Corndawg93

There probley one just like this so lock it if there is, but any way whats your favourite Band/Singer

My fave band is Nickleback, so what yours

mrpain

Nickelback? Are you f*cking serious? I'm gonna let you justify yourself so please explain to me why the hell are they your favourite band? Thou shall not listen to Nickelback!

Back on-topic, loving some Dropkick Murphys so far with their latest album, Going Out In Style. GOIS definitely has a more feeling good atmosphere compared to the other albums.

Corndawg93

Nickelback? Are you f*cking serious? I'm gonna let you justify yourself so please explain to me why the hell are they your favourite band? Thou shall not listen to Nickelback!

WTF wrong with Nickleback

Toup

Coldplay, Keane, Maroon5.

Floro Solo

Favourite bands: Incubus, Green Day, Box Car Racer, Descendents

Flesh-n-Bone

Geto Boys, Beastie Boys and Public Enemy are my top 3 favorites.

Banks.

Opinion? dozingoff.gif

I have many to be honest. Foo Fighters, Oasis, Velvet Revolver, Guns N Roses (original line-up) AC/DC, Tupac and Eminem. I have more but I just can't of think them all at the moment. I'll add more later.

Robinski

My favourite artists change pretty much from day to day, or more realistically week to week. At the moment it's

. I heard a few songs from them a while back, thought "meh" and moved on. I've just come back to them and I'm in love with the sound. I don't think I can ever go to Brooklyn because it's obviously not as cool of a place as it is in my head.

Opinion? dozingoff.gif

I have many to be honest. Foo Fighters, Oasis, Velvet Revolver, Guns N Roses (original line-up) AC/DC, Tupac and Eminem. I have more but I just can't of think them all at the moment. I'll add more later.

Sorry, Nickelback are objectively bad.

Edited by Robinski

AlexGTAGamer

The Who, Queen and Bee Gees.

Sunrise Driver

No they're not.

Edited by Street Mix

AlexGTAGamer

No they're not.

Indeed what is wrong with Nickleback? If you're going to say that a band is rubbish at least give a reason.

Robinski

Sorry, I forgot where I was posting. It most certainly wasn't supposed to be a joke about how pointless it is to point out that something's just an opinion when we're talking about music because, y'know, it's all subjective.

I do dislike Nickelback though, but that's just because they don't excite me very much. Too much of a paint-by-numbers pop rock feel for me.

sivispacem

No they're not.

Indeed what is wrong with Nickleback? If you're going to say that a band is rubbish at least give a reason.

What's "wrong" with any band who build their entire career on poorly rehashing utterly unoriginal ideas? I won't talk about it in terms of "good" or "bad", as they're loaded and suggest a degree of personal opinion, but Nickelback are utterly devoid of originality on every conceivable level. They are to, say, Alice In Chains, what Killswitch Engage's "The End of Heartache" is to In Flames' "The Jester Race"- an unfunny pastiche, completely formulaic and without even so much of a speck of the creativity or inventiveness that graced their chief influences.

Aussiebushmatt

Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Iron Maiden, Pantera, Avenged Sevenfold and Parkway Drive

BathSaltsDontWorkInTheShower.

Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, The Clash, Slipknot, Rage Against The Machine, Dio (R.I.P.), Pantera, Iron Maiden and The Beatles.

I must admit Nickelback are my guilty pleasure band. I don't know what attracts me to them though.

kaptainkoolkat

misfits,slipknot,the clash and the buzzcocks

Edited by kaptainkoolkat

ska

Metric, Simple Minds, Rilo Kiley, Mother Mother, Feist, Noah and the Whale, and The Cure.

Those are my personal favorites as of right now though, as they usually tend to change every year or so for me.

Puma06111991

Opinion? dozingoff.gif

I don't get how you can listen to Tupac and Velvet Revolver at the same time. What daa... mercie_blink.gif

Toup

Opinion? dozingoff.gif

I don't get how you can listen to Tupac and Velvet Revolver at the same time. What daa... mercie_blink.gif

Why not?

Vercetti27

Bad Religion , Descendants , Rancid, Linkin Park, Lagwagon and SOAD. I'm also quite fond of the clash.

SIKKS66

Has to be the greatest frontman to a rock band in the history of mankind.

KilnerLUFC

Opinion? dozingoff.gif

What a narrow-minded comment. What's wrong with listening to multiple genres? I probably listen to just about any music genre going so one minute it could be Rolling Stones, Who, G&R, RHCP, and then next minute it could be some Atmosphere, Eminem etc...

T.Rez

Trent Reznor and the Nine Inchers

Drift-Kingz

Sevendust, Helmet, Tool, Vision of Disorder, Evans Blue, Finger Eleven (back in their old days), Deftones.

Favorite Singer...? Adam from Three Days Grace.

Also, Nickelback sucks. Just saying...

RedBlues

Bands are:Motorhead,Elvis Presley,Johnny Cash,Led Zeppelin,Black Sabbath,The Beatles,Guns N Roses(Original Members)and Santana

Singers:Elvis Presley,Johnny Cash,Ronnie James Dio,Lenny Kilmister(this guy has one of the most unique voices),and Bill Haley

Nickelback is not my style sorry but since i haven't listen to it much i can't judge it

it also very good to listen to multiple genres

i listen to Elvis Presley to Ice Cube now how different is that

Just a little video of couple of my favorite songs

SilentSeas

Favorite Band - Feeder

I've been listening to Feeder since I heard "Seven Days in the Sun," the first time I played Gran Turismo 3. An extremely underrated band, they formed in the nineties but struggled to pick up the recognition they deserve as the industry focused on Blur and Oasis. Despite the lack of mainstream success and the death of their drummer John Lee (The death inspired most of the material for the album Comfort in Sound.) the welsh act have continued to produce quality music.

I can relate to a lot of Feeder's music and frontman Grant Nicholas is in my opinion one of the best song writers out there.

Favorite Singer - Rick Astley

In my opinion, Rick Astley is one of the UK's most understated talents. His voice is rich yet pure and I have nothing but respect for the man who put family ahead of fame when he quit during the early 90's. Obviously he is still about doing some tours, but I'd love to see nothing more than for him to release a new album following last year's single Lights Out.

BathSaltsDontWorkInTheShower.

Rick Astley is my favourate dancer.

Vanilla Shake

Pink Floyd, Green Day, Stone Temple Pilots, The Smashing Pumpkins, The Doors, Billy Joel, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, etc.

sonnyBlack

For singers, it would have to be Freddie Mercury. I find his voice to be f*cking inspirational, his singing was just incredible.

But for my favorite band it would have to go to Alice in Chains, Cantrell's guitar work meshed perfectly with Staley's vocals, the moodiness in the band's music and singing has really managed to catch my attention and keep it for some time now. Layne also had a hell of a voice too, very distinctive, and quite powerful, but I still have to rate Freddie Mercury higher.

It's a shame some of this talent is no longer with us. At least we still have their tracks to remember them by.