Best Graph Card for Gta IV

Jan3s

am going to buy a new graphics card which is GTX 550 Inno 3D is this ok for GTA IV i mean can i play GTA IV in high settings with this graph card

My PC Specs :

Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHZ

4 GB RAM

160 Hard Drive

9500 GT Nvidia XFX

Edited by Jan3s

GTX 550 is crap, don't even bother and even you did buy it, your CPU will bottleneck.

GTA IV benefits from multithread, in order words, a quad core CPU will be better off.

Time for a spanking new PC!

But i dont have much money there is any card which can handle game without buying new system

monster875.

the CPU is ur processor (the Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHZ) and GPU is the graphic card.

i agree with Stinky. Intel CPU's isn't made for gaming, actually only the I3, I5 and I7 Intel cards can be used for gaming of Intel CPU's

EDIT: first find a better CPU, and then u can start looking for a better graphic card

Hey i cant buy new CPU bcoz i have dont much money for that

just tell me HD 6790 can handle games better then 9500 GT ?

Bcoz my games is also working f9 on it but i want to play games at good graphics

only tell me which is better:

GTX 550 1 GB,GTS 450 2 GB or HD 6790 ATI

tommarow ill buy one of those

monster875.

don't set me up between Nvidia and ATI, i don't understand Nvidia cards (as i never had one in my life) i only know about ATI, and that ATI card is really good and i think (with a better CPU) u would be able to play with settings, but with that CPU u got now, maybe medium settings

What about that:

Quad core 2.66 ghz Intel

4 GB Ram

9500 GT 1 GB now can i play on high ?

monster875.

as u should have noticed, i don't know anything about Nvidia, so i can't help u at all when it comes to Nvidia

Buy a Quad and a GTS250 1GB, that's exactly what you need to run the game at mid-hi settings.

Well, for about $165 there isn't much you can buy.

I wouldn't take the GTX 550 as it is crap, and the GTS 250 & GTS 450 both don't reach the performance of the GTX 550.

That ATI is the best choice I gues, but without a new CPU, buying a new videocard is useless.

AMD Radeon HD 6790 vs nVidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti

Edited by Exxon

useless or not thats not a problem just tell me graphics card which is good and in my range just tell me plzz and plzz plzz dont tell me about CPU Again just tell me which card

Well, I think that AMD Radeon HD 6790 is best of those three, see my previous post.

On NewEgg I found one of $139, but that's not a known brand. The next one is from XFX and is $149.

But, I still have to say that I don't know if I should let you buy the card, because it isn't blazing performance. I should wait and see if mkey82 or yojo2 etc. are willing to post, they are the real technicians here.

I'd search for Radeon HD5830 - Sapphire Xtreme version can be bought extremely cheap (in many cases cheaper than HD6790), while it is both faster than HD6790 and overclocks better.

74cXSsx.png

Gta4Freak-2011

actually only the I3, I5 and I7 Intel cards can be used for gaming of Intel CPU's

Incorrect my c2q can still run games perfectly fine.

HD 5830 is not cheap then 6790 bcoz its price is 16700 RS and 6790 has 14000 confused.gif

CAn u tell any other

YankeesPwnMets
the CPU is ur processor (the Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHZ) and GPU is the graphic card.

i agree with Stinky. Intel CPU's isn't made for gaming, actually only the I3, I5 and I7 Intel cards can be used for gaming of Intel CPU's

EDIT: first find a better CPU, and then u can start looking for a better graphic card

What are you bullsh*tting about? A Core 2 Quad or Duo can still run most games today as long as there is a decent graphics card and RAM with the system.

At the above: 2GB or RAM isn't going to handle the game well. Also, we need to know what your power supply is. It could very well be too weak for the cards listed

dont care about power supply bcoz if my card cant handle ill buy new one just tell me which is best on those above

YankeesPwnMets
dont care about power supply bcoz if my card cant handle ill buy new one just tell me which is best on those above

If you buy it and your PSU can't handle it, then your gonna blow the rest of your system up. Have fun.

YankeesPwnMets

The Radeon 5830 in the previous page is better then all three. If you insist on one of those three get the Radeon 6790

k done ill buy 5830 but there another problem with my ram

I have windows 7 64 bit

in my computer properties it says

RAM : 4.00 GB (3.06 GB usable)

any fix for that ?

Download and launch CPU-Z.

Then click on the mainboard tab and post a screen shot here.

What model is your motherboard?

HD5830 is a long card, your case can fit and most importantly can your PSU handle it?

Do not expect buying the graphic card will grant your desires as your CPU will simply hold it back.

YankeesPwnMets

Also check in the BIOS whether the BIOS sees 4GB of RAM