Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,117 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

maxorator

Maxo's Vehicle Loader

maxorator
Does adjusting the Frequency of the Vehicle determine if one police cars has even a slightly higher priority than the other, or would frequency only adjust if you set it for Normal, RichFamily etc.

Frequency only affects with classes, so yes, only with such as normal, richfamily etc.

ALMOST610

Why is there a limit of 8 Car Colours for each Vehicle?

and is it possible to make custom carcols in the XML file, so there is no need to edit Carcols.DAT

maxorator
Why is there a limit of 8 Car Colours for each Vehicle?

and is it possible to make custom carcols in the XML file, so there is no need to edit Carcols.DAT

No, that is not currently possible. And the limit of 8 carcols has always existed, if you add more in the carcols.dat file, it is actually overwriting some other parts of the memory and at some point could cause a crash and also the first and second colors could interfere with each other.

ALMOST610

I have added about 12-17 for some Vehicles and have never had a problem, that limit is new to me, do you see yourself making a tool in the future like VC Limit Adjuster that allows us to heavily modify the game? that would be great.

GamerShotgun

Hah, having some fun with the police again:

user posted image

Still, there seems to be a problem with getting sirens and emergency lights on new police vehicles. They only seem to work on the default police car. smile.gif

*EDIT*

FYI, I've tried out a skimmer replacement and there's a bug with it, since the properrels are not moving on the plances front. Also it has no sound, even though I've used skimmers handlings. Maybe there's a special flag for the special boat parts too?

Here's the .7z I made for it:

https://rapidshare.com/files/1163940093/Skimmerap.7z

Edited by MasterK

ALMOST610

Would the special part be the same as the BF, but be set on the propeller, look through the sound files for the plane, I have been going through them making a list but have not found that yet, I am about half way through.

GamerShotgun

I don't think that the special flag used by the BF is used by the seaplane, since the skimmer even has other extra moving parts, when turning, but even those are not working. I think that they can even be used with cars then, if the flags will be sorted out somehow, therefore we wouldn't have to use the RC Baron for flying vehicles, but that one, or more particular flag(s) to enable plane (marked as boat parts in the dff) parts. That's just speculation though.

I know maxorator said that planes aren't yet working properly, but I'm trying my best to help him get things right related to them. smile.gif

xNCx

Next release? Great, this mod is looking better and better.

Now I'm waiting for a mod that adds more weapons and skins wink.gif.

btw. max don't forget about VCMP devil.gif

maxorator

I have uploaded the updated version to GTAGarage. It can be downloaded once it gets approved.

ALMOST610

Are you going to put it on a Rapidshare or similar site, otherwise it could be a while before we get the link approved.

Honestly I am just looking forward to using these new flag functions.

maxorator

Are you going to put it on a Rapidshare or similar site, otherwise it could be a while before we get the link approved.

Honestly I am just looking forward to using these new flag functions.

It's available now. I won't need another place to upload it since it should appear pretty much instantly on GTAGarage the next time. wink.gif

ALMOST610

Nice, I have never had such a fast approval.

Usually at least half a day has been my quickest approval and longest has been 10 Days.

GamerShotgun

With the flags posted, I've got every siren working on the cars! Thanks for that. smile.gif

ALMOST610

Can I instructions on how to change the settings in the XML to make an ordinary car a Taxi and Police Cruiser.

I took a guess at how to do it but neither of them spawn, help please?

maxorator

Can I instructions on how to change the settings in the XML to make an ordinary car a Taxi and Police Cruiser.

I took a guess at how to do it but neither of them spawn, help please?

To add a police car, just use the extra flag 0x100 in the <extraflags> element. If the hexadecimal flags confuse you, then you can always open the default calculator in Windows, choose programmer mode and from there hex notation, then just add the value of the flag and copy the result to the <extraflags> element.

Anyway, I think that taxis should also have the "taxi" class set.

ALMOST610

I am guessing that the x is for if I want Police,Enforcer etc. I tried that already but only normal cop cars spawned, I had the same problem with the taxi, is there anything else I have to change?

I copied the Class out of the Taxi and Police Files already.

maxorator
I am guessing that the x is for if I want Police,Enforcer etc. I tried that already but only normal cop cars spawned, I had the same problem with the taxi, is there anything else I have to change?

I copied the Class out of the Taxi and Police Files already.

I don't really understand what you mean. How are you setting the flags?

You can use this for getting the values for the flags: http://maxorator.com/flags.html

Jur1zz

This is awesome, i always wanted thing like this, you should get some award cool.gif

And finally there is bikes for cops http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20689087/screens/gta-vc_cop_bike.png

Another reason to play VC one more time inlove.gif

Found some bug with Rhino, when adding new tank you can shot, but that thing on roof isn't rotaiting when pres keys (num4, num5) its not working so you cant see where you aiming

And also this new tank exploding much faster like normal car, it isnt buletprof

here my Rhino settings http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20689087/rhinox.7z

Hope you fix it

maxorator
This is awesome, i always wanted thing like this, you should get some award cool.gif

And finally there is bikes for cops http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20689087/screens/gta-vc_cop_bike.png

Found some bug with Rhino, when adding new tank you can shot, but that thing on roof isn't rotaiting when pres keys (num4, num5) its not working so you cant see where you aiming

Hope you fix it

Will fix that ASAP. Someone pointed that out to me earlier but I forgot about it. sad.gif

GamerShotgun

Hope you fix it

Coolness! May I get the link for that cool police bike? smile.gif

maxorator

Hope you fix it

Okay, now it should be fixed (0.92). Check the first post for the link.

riquenunes

user posted image

How awesome is that? biggrin.gif

I don't know if that was reported already, but anyway, I can't start the siren on this bike I added, I can horn normally though and if I get it with the siren on I can't turn it off anymore. I also don't know if it's helpful, but I noticed that that wheel bug someone mentioned only happens in bikes spawned by 04F8 opcode, all the others act normally.

Xegethra

Well, I've run into a problem with assigning a car to be a taxi, I added in both the police cars I wanted, now I'm trying to add in a couple of taxis too...the first taxi I tried worked, but the second one shows up but doesn't function as a taxi, despite assigning to be.

Not sure what I can do, I did everything I had done for the other taxi and that one worked.

*Edit*

Ahh I fixed it, I just swapped the taxi mxl for the cabbie one and it works now.

Edited by Xegethra

69_black_69

awesome can't even describe this thing. icon14.gif

And is there any limit on how much vehicles i could add?

Xegethra

Dunno, I have put in a total of 37 new vehicles. It all still works properly, and I like how the game alternates between them so you still get to see them all.

maxorator

awesome can't even describe this thing. icon14.gif

And is there any limit on how much vehicles i could add?

I set a limit of 50 when I started working on it, but now to think of it, that's pretty low. The limit has nothing to do with the engine limits so I can simply increase it by changing a few numbers. 200 should be a maximum that I wouldn't think anyone would reach. smile.gif

L!mon

Only 50 ? Please - make it 1000 or smth near....

MAD BOSS

Only 50 ? Please - make it 1000 or smth near....

Why the f would you need 1000 cars? icon13.gif

Max, I have a suggestion, why don't you see how the police bike functions in San Andreas, and then maybe you can figure out how to make it work properly in Vice?

ALMOST610

Would the coding not be different being completely different since they are, well, different games.

MAD BOSS

Would the coding not be different being completely different since they are, well, different games.

They ain't that different, I've recompiled CLEO mods for both games, the main differences were that SA had more opcodes than Vice City. The point is to see the mechanism behind the SA police bike, and try to implement it in VC.