Why I don't want to see GTA5 for a few years

GTAglezga

There's no console to play it on. It's only going to be a GTA4.1 rather than a true GTA5.

It was what? 7-8 years in between gta3 and 4? Should be the same for 4 and 5.

Edited by GTAglezga

sonnyBlack

'GTA V' is just a placeholder title until the game's announced. No one here knows what it's going to be called just yet, so expect us to refer to it as 'GTA V' or 'GTA Next', those are two of the titles most commonly given to it for now. The real GTA V is most likely a long way off still. But until we know what the next GTA's title is going to be, expect people to simply call it GTA V/5 for the time being.

Machiavelli's Prophecy

^He's not talking about the name, but he thinks the current generation consoles won't be able to run a game much better than GTA IV.

I disagree with that, a GTA V will definetly be a really great game and we don't need a new generation of consoles for that. There's enough room left for updates and if they really want to make it a much bigger game they can always make it a 2disc on the 360, nothing wrong with that. The GTA after V will probably be released on the next gen though.

Edited by Machiavelli's Prophecy

'GTA V' is just a placeholder title until the game's announced. No one here knows what it's going to be called just yet, so expect us to refer to it as 'GTA V' or 'GTA Next', those are two of the titles most commonly given to it for now. The real GTA V is most likely a long way off still. But until we know what the next GTA's title is going to be, expect people to simply call it GTA V/5 for the time being.

Ah ok. Not much to add to that icon14.gif

^He's not talking about the name, but he thinks the current generation consoles won't be able to run a game much better than GTA IV.

I disagree with that, a GTA V will definetly be a really great game and we don't need a new generation of consoles for that. There's enough room left for updates and if they really want to make it a much bigger game they can always make it a 2disc on the 360, nothing wrong with that. The next GTA will probably be released on the next gen though.

Not at all, I'm a PC gamer and don't touch consoles but from what I've seen Red Dead has proved it possible to have a GTA4 San Andreas in the pipeline? but not a GTA5 San Andreas.

powerchord

Quite frankly, I don't think that R* is releasing GTA games often enough. I'm not saying that they should beat it to death a-la Call of Duty. But one game every 5 years isn't going to cut it. I got 3 high quality GTA games during the PS2 cycle. I wasn't complaining that they were releasing them too often. Then it was 4 years in between San Andreas and GTA IV. Now we're at 3 years since GTA IV, which means 4 or 5 years by the time the next one comes out. As a fan, that's unacceptable.

Rockstar should stop taking my money for granted. And make no mistake, in holding out on us, that is EXACTLY what they are doing. Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: R* aren't the only ones doing open world well. If I have to wait 5 years in between GTA games, there may come a point where I no longer care.

darkfailure

I don't think and I don't hope it will be "V".

I would rather like to see a GTA IV: San Andreas or something with a completely new city.

Mokrie Dela

Quite frankly, I don't think that R* is releasing GTA games often enough. I'm not saying that they should beat it to death a-la Call of Duty. But one game every 5 years isn't going to cut it. I got 3 high quality GTA games during the PS2 cycle. I wasn't complaining that they were releasing them too often. Then it was 4 years in between San Andreas and GTA IV. Now we're at 3 years since GTA IV, which means 4 or 5 years by the time the next one comes out. As a fan, that's unacceptable.

Rockstar should stop taking my money for granted. And make no mistake, in holding out on us, that is EXACTLY what they are doing. Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again: R* aren't the only ones doing open world well. If I have to wait 5 years in between GTA games, there may come a point where I no longer care.

I hope that, with this long a wait, the game has record breaking replayability. TRUE Branching storyline, with effectively 2/3 different stories depending on your actions, more to do in free roam, ways to just have pure awesomeness, insane cheats, great character development and more features then chuck norris could shake a stick at.

A huge, but interesting city, with labyrinth roads in parts, one way systems and freeways, a fully implemented stealth system, allowing you to stealth your way throgh the game (think splintere cell stealth AND hitman stealth), or go gung ho.

Plus better DLC - i loved TLAD and BOGT, but if i made them i would have had them with twice as many missions.

IT takes a while to create good games and with the wait i'm sure it's going to be worth it, but i do wonder...

I have said THIS time and time again: GTA will not be announced untill MAX PAYNE is released. That's my opinion.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

RockstarMark

I agree completely!

I do however think that quality products take time, and if Rockstar are creating something special in that time then they are thinking about the fans and keeping a high standard of quality found in most of their games, which is very admirable. I hope for an announcement in the next week, GTA is definitely my most anticipated game always, and having to wait any longer for ANY form of news would be very disappointing indeed...

powerchord

I don't think they need to re-invent the wheel every time they make a new GTA game. Sometimes I'd be happy with a new map and a new set of missions....provided that they bring back the humour that was missing from IV.

HipHopHeadSeb

in away i agree with the first post.. i really want to see a massive improvement from GTA4 and maybe a next gen console is the best for delivering a brand new GTA.

but im confident theres still space for improvement with the xbox 360 and ps3... i know they said they reached those consoles limits but that doesnt ring true with me, maybe back then that was the case... but i fail to believe it now to be honest.

MiamiVice1984

If they dont announce it at E3 or right after then im sure they are waiting for next gen consoles.

i dont want to wait any more

GET OVER 1 BILLION IN GTA ONLINE WITH THIS GLITCH

Join the best of the best. Join the Republic of Zee.http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/zeegtaforums

Add me on Xbox: ZeeGTAForums and PS3: mtkgta420

The Continuing Adventures of Zeehttp://www.youtube.com/ZeeGTAForums

http://www.twitch.tv/zeegtaf

Deji is a coward.

darkfailure

Agreed. Right now I'd be happy if it was just an announcement with a few details about the setting. A teaser would be awesome but not necessary.

I'm worried!! They're taking too much time to make this GTA!! I WANT PLAY!!

matajuegos
I'm worried!! They're taking too much time to make this GTA!! I WANT PLAY!!

Yes, me too

See no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil...

I LOST A FRIEND, MAY GOD REST YOUR SOUL, ZEE

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

user posted image

user posted image

powerchord
If they dont announce it at E3 or right after then im sure they are waiting for next gen consoles.

If we're only going to get 1 GTA game per console cycle (this one is already longer than the last cycle and will likely end up being 7 years) then R* games must be the most inefficient or stupid developer out there. I seriously doubt that R*'s parent, T2 will agree to that nonsense. GTA sells, but they can't just continue to take their fans' money for granted. At 5 years in between games the franchise loses as much relevancy as it does if it gets annualized.

AndreaXCII

just because the pattern seems to be one new numbered GTA per generation of console doesnt mean thats the case

i dont know why so many people think just cause they done some things in the past whether its this or anything else they make it seem like that just has to be how things are gonna keep going with rockstar, like the release of a game, or whatever else

i dont care if its GTAV or San Andreas Stories, whatever as long as it fun and long, not a quick boring game like the DLC for IV they were okay but were easily and quickly completed, San Andreas was a long and fun game i enjoy replaying many times, that added with the new graphics and anything else they have come up with over the past couple years would make for a really amazing GTA

powerchord
just because the pattern seems to be one new numbered GTA per generation of console doesnt mean thats the case

i dont know why so many people think just cause they done some things in the past whether its this or anything else they make it seem like that just has to be how things are gonna keep going with rockstar, like the release of a game, or whatever else

i dont care if its GTAV or San Andreas Stories, whatever as long as it fun and long, not a quick boring game like the DLC for IV they were okay but were easily and quickly completed, San Andreas was a long and fun game i enjoy replaying many times, that added with the new graphics and anything else they have come up with over the past couple years would make for a really amazing GTA

Good post. For me it doesn't have to be GTA V. But it does have to be a FULL console GTA game, like Vice or San Andreas. And 1 of those per 5 years is just not good enough. Not for fans, not for stockholders.

I suppose I'd be fine with one now since new consoles are a couple years off and will probably see delays. I am on the fence however, since I am a PC gamer. I would really like if they just focused on a next gen GTA since the current 6 year old inferior hardware of consoles bought by console kiddies really holds back the potential of what game could have been.

@powerchord: How are they taking your money for granted?? They are doing the opposite! Activision take your Money For Granted by knocking out COD games every year because they know their fan base will throw money at them every year!

Besides, we didn't have DLC in the previous cycle, so yes, Rockstar count Episodes from Liberty City as a game, and to them, that means there's been a GTA released EVERY YEAR.

edit: @ajrunke: What about what they can get out of consoles now? PS3 and Xbox 360 games from 2007 looks miles different from games released in 2010 because developers have learned to use the hardware properly and squeeze more out of it, which then can be applied to PC hardware. So having a game designed for consoles now and ported to PC (as Rockstar seem to do) would still mean the game looking better than GTA IV.

I mean, just look at RDR and L.A.Noire, they look heaps better than GTA IV and they're running on the same hardware. And that's just from Rockstar.

Edited by Ash_735

The longer it takes to release a game the more people want it, but turn to other games till their favorite comes out, which means R* doesn't get that much attention and starts fading. Episodes from Liberty City is 2 DLCs in one, meaning DLC combo not a new game.

The longer it takes to release a game the more people want it, but turn to other games till their favorite comes out, which means R* doesn't get that much attention and starts fading. Episodes from Liberty City is 2 DLCs in one, meaning DLC combo not a new game.

1) It's Rockstar, EVERYTHING they do and release gets Attention.

2) Those DLC's were still worked on by Rockstar North and NYC AFTER GTA IV's release and had a Retail Release in both 2009 and 2010. First with the Xbox 360 version of EFLC in 2009 and then again with the PC/PS3 versions in 2010.

skillz7855

They said they where makeing a thousand page script so a course it will take long

powerchord

DLC doesn't count as a full game. R* knows this. Holding out on fans is arrogant and that's how they take my money for granted. Back when I was a teenager the game that got all the attention was Zelda. Now look at that series. Followed the same pattern. If R* thinks that GTA will be king of the hill forever they are fooling themselves. You have to balance between beating a horse to death (Call of Duty, every sports game) and leaving it so long that you lose fans and relevance. R* clearly doesn't think that they need to nurture the GTA franchise because they take longer and longer each time out now. It gets even worse if they think that quick-to-beat cash grab DLC is enough to allow them to take longer.

DLC doesn't count as a full game. R* knows this. Holding out on fans is arrogant and that's how they take my money for granted. Back when I was a teenager the game that got all the attention was Zelda. Now look at that series. Followed the same pattern. If R* thinks that GTA will be king of the hill forever they are fooling themselves. You have to balance between beating a horse to death (Call of Duty, every sports game) and leaving it so long that you lose fans and relevance. R* clearly doesn't think that they need to nurture the GTA franchise because they take longer and longer each time out now. It gets even worse if they think that quick-to-beat cash grab DLC is enough to allow them to take longer.

See, I don't get this mentality:

Company release sequels every: OMG THEY ARE WHORING IT OUT

Company takes time to make game as good as it can be: OMG THEY ARE STOPPING ME FROM GIVING THEM MONEY, BASTARDS!

edit: Would you say the fine line is every three years?

Edited by Ash_735

BondTrader

I agree, V HAS TO BE NEXT-GEN, or else it won't change much from IV... I am only 16 and still got a LONG time to wait for V, and not bored with IV either smile.gif

@powerchord:

edit: @ajrunke: What about what they can get out of consoles now? PS3 and Xbox 360 games from 2007 looks miles different from games released in 2010 because developers have learned to use the hardware properly and squeeze more out of it

I mean, just look at RDR and L.A.Noire, they look heaps better than GTA IV and they're running on the same hardware. And that's just from Rockstar.

I agree that developers have been able to utilize their current hardware more so than in 2007, but I don't agree that games from 2010 looks miles better than they did in 2007. Better, yes. Miles better, no. Even though this game sucked, At World's End from early 2007 looked and still looks pretty damn good. The environments were incredibly rich. While LA Noire made amazing advances in mocap, the world doesn't look like anything special. Obviously it looks better than GTAIV because there is a lot less packed into the world of LA Noire than there was in LC. But, GTAIV on the consoles looked like junk anyway. The textures were blurry and washed out. The draw distance was not far. It was a blurry mess. GTAIV on the PC was pretty thanks to the advanced options R* gave us and obviously mods helped tremendously. And these advanced options weren't available to the consoles because they are limited by their hardware. And they especially couldn't handle the visual mods from the community. They are limiting developers in their scope overall. There is no denying this.

powerchord

See, I don't get this mentality:

Company release sequels every: OMG THEY ARE WHORING IT OUT

Company takes time to make game as good as it can be: OMG THEY ARE STOPPING ME FROM GIVING THEM MONEY, BASTARDS!

edit: Would you say the fine line is every three years?

Every 3 years? Yup. I would be fine with a full console GTA every 3 years if the console cycle is going to be 7 years. It doesn't get stale or beaten to death, and that's long enough to ensure quality. I am less okay with that if the cycle is 5, like it used to be.

What pisses me off is that they took 4 years to make GTA IV and had to make a new engine for it. We're looking at a minimum of 4 for a new one and no new engine required. And it could easily be 5 years. Like I said before, I got 3 high quality GTA games during the 5 year PS2 cycle. We're almost at 5 on the PS3 (6 on the 360) and we're still at one game.

And what makes the wait longer for me personally is that I didn't love GTA IV the same way as I loved III, VC and SA. And if they continue down the same path GTA may not be my favorite game series anymore.

Edited by powerchord