Pheonix Bios Configuration Problem

cha2x1447

I want to overclock my pc from 2.60GHz to 3.00Ghz but there seems to be no options in changing the clock's frequency. Whenever I press f10, the setup menu pops up and no bios configuration. Is there any way I can activate this? by the way I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and my processor is the Intel Core 2 Duo E5300 @ 2.60GHz. I would really appreciate your help on this one. Thanks in advance.

P.S I tried other sites for a solution but to no avail. confused.gif

If it's OEM chances are there won't be an option in the BIOS. They don't like you changing things!

Assuming it's the HP PC you've mentioned in your signature, you won't find any place in the BIOS to overclock as the manufactures don't want users overclocking and damaging the PC.

Thanks for the replies smile.gif Yeah my pc is an HP pavilion but I searched further and managed to download an application that can overclock an unclockable BIOS mobo like mine. I overclocked it to 3.1Ghz and it's running stable at 34c, I just hope it stays that way biggrin.gif

If you've overclocked it, I'd run some overclock stability testers for 24 hours to fully test the stability of your overclock.

Gta4Freak-2011
Thanks for the replies smile.gif Yeah my pc is an HP pavilion but I searched further and managed to download an application that can overclock an unclockable BIOS mobo like mine. I overclocked it to 3.1Ghz and it's running stable at 34c, I just hope it stays that way biggrin.gif

What program?

I need to bump my q6600 to 2.7 ghz for abit better fps in far cry 2/crysis and GTA 4.

If you've overclocked it, I'd run some overclock stability testers for 24 hours to fully test the stability of your overclock.

Thanks for the advice I made a mistake lol I only got it to overclock temporarily and it rolled back to 2.60GHz after 24hrs. I guess I'm just going to have to purchase a new micro atx motherboard since my HP cpu is unclockable since it's OEM and I want to change my MSI MS-7525 (BostonL) Mobo. The program i used was Set FSB 2.1.91 and it doesn't overclock permanently.

Edited by cha2x1447

What did you use to test the stability?

What did you use to test the stability?

I use CPU-Z to check but eventually it kept rolling back to the original FSB.

Edited by cha2x1447

OverTheBelow

You need to run around 20-50 passes of LinX or IntelBurnTest and/or around 8-12 hours of Prime95 to make sure your overclock is stable when messing around with FSB and vcore. This is to prevent bluescreens and crashes during everyday usage.

DU8afL0.jpg

CPU-Z does not test the stability of a CPU. All it does it show you the specs of your CPU and motherboard

A stress test is what you need to run, and OverTheBelow has already listed some of those. Prime95 is the old school but still very effective way to test it.

CPU-Z does not test the stability of a CPU. All it does it show you the specs of your CPU and motherboard

A stress test is what you need to run, and OverTheBelow has already listed some of those. Prime95 is the old school but still very effective way to test it.

Oh I see. Thanks I haven't tried Prime95 yet. I installed a new mobo recently I might as well run some stress test to see the stability of my cpu. alien.gif