Leaver Topic

tam17

Hi Guys. I wonder that there is no leavers topic. I want to suggest that we should make it one. It will be useful if you pm one guy and he will not respond you for a long time, you can check that topic that he leaves this for a time or ever. Like this topic. But the maker posted in DYOM Support Forum and his topic got locked. I think you all guys should make Leaver Topic and pin it in General-Chat (Off-Topic) Forum.

@Admins and Mods: Please don't blame me or warn me for this. I just helping.

Sorry, this is a long length. I think you guys got point of this. biggrin.gif Sorry again for my bad english.

sonnyBlack

In the General Discussion area someone else tried making a thread using the idea of posting in that topic to say you'll be leaving, and when you return, you were to post in there to say you're back again. That thread got locked shortly after though, as it's just not really needed imo.

Some possible things that can happen to a thread like this is it'll get ignored by those who feel they're more important and will just post their own topic anyway saying they're leaving/returning, or it'll just get spammed with posts saying they'll brb to get a drink or use the bathroom by the same people over and over.

Anyone leaving or returning can just PM their buddies to let them know what's up if they must.

In the General Discussion area someone else tried making a thread using the idea of posting in that topic to say you'll be leaving, and when you return, you were to post in there to say you're back again. That thread got locked shortly after though, as it's just not really needed imo.

Some possible things that can happen to a thread like this is it'll get ignored by those who feel they're more important and will just post their own topic anyway saying they're leaving/returning, or it'll just get spammed with posts saying they'll brb to get a drink or use the bathroom by the same people over and over.

Anyone leaving or returning can just PM their buddies to let them know what's up if they must.

I think that was the general consensus with LEXTYs thread, although I must say a thread full of "Hey, I'm going to the batthroom" might be pretty funny

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

First of all, no offence, but quite honestly, the vast majority of people here could care less if you, I, or anyone else left, so we don't really need dedicated topic for it. It will just get spammed up with stupid sh*t.

As for the PM issue mentioned, there's a section in each users profile that shows the last time they were active. Chances are if you send someone a PM and get no reply and they haven't been active in a while, they're away. That's pretty straight forward. Shouldn't need a topic for that.

Adding on to what Ryan said, if you wish to leave for a while and want others to know about it, you can just put a note in your signature or your member title saying so. That would be more effective than creating a topic which won't last long because it'll be either pushed off the first page or locked.