Will Activi$ion die?

Mati

Will Activision die?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Will Activision die?

• Yes.
    • No.

Hear me out. Activision is a major game developer. Their biggest mistakes are overprized, bad DLCs and the fact that they release a game of their franchises every year. Series like Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero had a great start. GH died and I can see TH (the game, not the real one sigh.gif ) dying too. I can see the same faith to the CoD series. What do you think?

I don't believe they will but I really f*cking hope so.

I'm not going to vote, but they definitely destroyed GH and THPS.

38773_s.gif

Yep. The business pumping out sequel after sequel that continue to break records (Black Ops had the biggest entertainment release week of all time) and shovel cheaply produced add ons that are lapped up at a massive markup is destined to die very quickly.

Once this is over (i.e. GH), move onto the next big fad (e.g. CoD).

user posted image

Everything you are complaining about is exactly the reason why they are so succesful.

They own Blizzard for crying out loud the biggest money printer in gaming.

Everything you are complaining about is exactly the reason why they are so succesful.

That's exactly why I hate them. They're the Justin Bieber of gaming.

Does that mean they're actually pretty talented at what they do, but it's just not to your taste and therefore you shouldn't force yourself to play something you don't like or agree with?

user posted image

lol at comparing a game company to Justin Bieber.

vertical limit

I think there is going to be one more CoD which is MW3 and then it will die out.

True Crime should have never been cancelled.

user posted image

Ahhh....Freeway. Great game. You have to admit they made the 'good' games for the 2600 back then.

Activision has proven themselves a survivable and smart company. They will be here forever. The name and branding are so known that even if they got bought up by another company, the name and branding would remain. They have proven that they can move and change with the times. People may bitch about prices and DLC and sh*t, but the DLC model is a new thing that companies are trying to find the balance.

I consider the current state of the home video game market to be new (again), and all the companies are trying to figure out how to play and manage it. It is a money business after all.

Sunrise Driver

They should pay for what they've done with True Crime HK.

Overly reliant on the golden geese in their flock, they've always had a problem or a reluctance in pushing forward new IPs. While not a issue at the moment, they're currently tripping over their pennies in Activisionland. It could however present a problem in the distant future. A full on demise seems like high end fabrication though.

I voted no. Simply because Call of Duty gets overhyped, overated, and sells more than most games on the market. It doesn't live up to any of the hype it gets but when Activision put their name on a FPS it will generate millions. So therefore as long as they release a new COD every year (as they do), they won't be dying anytime soon since people will run out and buy it on day 1. They don't deserve most of the money they get from publishing the numerous games they're associated with. It's like EA, as long as they keep overusing their biggest series then they will still stand strong. It will be interesting though to see how Battlefield 3 affects the MW3 sales, but apart from the competition I think Activision will still come out on top.

So like I said I don't think the company deserves to be so big and have so many overated games, I believe they are starting to run out of ideas for COD, since each game is worse - but yet they still sell millions of copies. It's a shame really cause there are so many companies out there who actually put work into their games and produce amazing ideas but Activision and EA are still at the top. I do hope both companies die, but It won't happen anytime soon.

I actually forget that, though it's really a non-issue, only reason Blizzard let themselves be bought out was because they wanted to be able to focus entirely on the development and maintenance of their games, rather than the mindless business of it. If Activision actually told Blizzard to do something they would essentially tell them to shove it up their ass, because Blizzard does pretty much whatever the f*ck they want to at this point.

Pretty much this. As long as people keep buying their bad DLC or frequently developed games (even if they decline in quality) they'll be around.

Moonshield

Are you drunk?

4XEtraA.jpg

manofpeace

They won't die out any time soon. Of course, I might be wrong if they're really going to be charging subscription fees and extra charges for weapons in the next Call of Duty. Mommy's credit card will run dry and their source of income will get angry.

Activision will not die, every year they release a new Call of Duty, and every year it's one of the best selling games.

PS: Everyone who dislikes Call of Duty, is playing Call of Duty.

Are you drunk?

Nah, I wasn't that serious about the JB thing.

If you don't study history you are doomed to repeat.

Atari, meet activision.

user posted image

E.T. meet Cod/GH/TH

el1e0jer0qpyjd2fg.jpg

Adam Jensen

I voted yes because strictly scientifically speaking - everything dies.

I love COD, up to WaW.

f*ck you Activision. But voted no, because I know they just wont die soon.

Yl8KS.jpg

If Activision wants to be liked by gamers they will realize that all good things must come to an end.

If Activision wants to make money they will pump out the same thing over and over.

Which do you think will happen?

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

God I hope so, but with their reliance on Call of Duty's popularity, and with that not seeming to end soon, probably not. Originality is not in their vocabulary.

I miss the good THPS games cryani.gif

Activision will not die, every year they release a new Call of Duty, and every year it's one of the best selling games.

PS: Everyone who dislikes Call of Duty, is playing Call of Duty.

I'm not... I ain't touching it.

I worry some of you may go around daily life uttering death to Activision under your breath. Seriously, they're just a gaming company. Chill oot.

user posted image