JOSEPH X

What are you going to get?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to get?

• Modern Warfare 3
    • Battlefield 3
    • Both
    • Neither

I'll buy Battlefield 3 and spend most of my time playing that. I will end up borrowing Call of Duty off a mate when he's done just to complete the campign and i will probably do a veteran run as well, i'll have a few games online just to check it out and then i'll go back over to Battlefield.

Sorted.

s0h607k.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, as much as I hate COD I know I will buy it just because I will feel obliged to

So you're an idiot?

Guys, if you hate the game, please don't f*cking buy it.

Everyone who says they won't buy the game will so stop kidding yourself, the only reason I will buy it is because it is the thing you do. Most of my mates will buy it and so will I most likely, frankly, I just want to find out what happens at the end of the story however crap it is. We will never topple the COD series so whats the point of hating.

P.S. your a jackass, the idiots are the people who claim they won't buy it and then do, least I'm honest you up tight prick

Sunrise Driver

Everyone who says they won't buy the game will

I and so many people know for sure that we won't. I haven't bought MW2 and BO too.

Machiavelli's Prophecy
I bought Black Ops for the PC and could not play the game for 2 and a half months due to it being bugged, it ran at 10fps and after numerous patches it started working again but f*ck treyarch/activision for such a f*cked up pc port, they'll never get my money again, not even for the console versions. So BF3 it is..

maybe its ur comp? i could run it perfectly on my pc on launch day...

No, because it runs perfectly now after the patches. You should've checked the Steam forums out when the game launched, was crazy. So yeah, they'll NEVER get my money again. Battlefield 3 is gonna be better anyway 8)

P.S. your a jackass, the idiots are the people who claim they won't buy it and then do, least I'm honest you up tight prick

You are a bit of an idiot if you're still buying it despite your hate for it. Why buy something you hate?

I was given MW2 (found it terrible) and haven't even thought of buying Black Ops, so I'm not really kidding myself that I won't buy MW3.

If people like it and buy it they aren't idiots. If people hate it and buy it they are.

CryptReaperDorian

You are a bit of an idiot if you're still buying it despite your hate for it. Why buy something you hate?

I was given MW2 (found it terrible) and haven't even thought of buying Black Ops, so I'm not really kidding myself that I won't buy MW3.

If people like it and buy it they aren't idiots. If people hate it and buy it they are.

Also, he has that "you can't beat it" mentallity. Yeah, you can't beat the game series if people just give in to that poor mentallity.

MW3 because BF3 sounded awesome to me until I saw the M4 reload animation and I just.. sarcasm.gif

Oh God. I mean, how can they f*ck this up and how come CoD4 and its sequels are one of the only few games that get the part right where you just hit the bolt catch when you change a mag after firing all rounds? They might as well go with the CS way of reloading it if they want to give the image that US soldiers/marines don't know how to reload their rifles.

It's odd to compare the two, Call of Duty is aimed at the impatient and selfish gamers while Battlefield is aimed at the more serious gamers who like to co-operate with other players and help eachother out in combat.

Well there's no bias there at all bored.gif

Selfish? Impatient? Why so nasty?

Whether you like the way he phrased it or not, he's right. He shouldn't soften up the truth for someone.

It's not softening up the truth -- it's called not being an ass. Saying people play CoD because they're selfish and impatient implies that they're playing it because they have an aversion to selflessness and patience. In reality, many players simply prefer fast-paced gameplay and self-reliance over large maps and forced teamwork. I don't play CoD because I don't like teamwork; I play CoD because I do like self reliance. Those are two different things even if they aren't always mutually exclusive. Like and dislike are two different motives. Just because I like one thing, doesn't mean I hate the other and vice versa.

Edited by foohy

MW3 because BF3 sounded awesome to me until I saw the M4 reload animation and I just..  sarcasm.gif

Oh God. I mean, how can they f*ck this up and how come CoD4 and its sequels are one of the only few games that get the part right where you just hit the bolt catch when you change a mag after firing all rounds? They might as well go with the CS way of reloading it if they want to give the image that US soldiers/marines don't know how to reload their rifles.

So you don't mind any of the things that are wrong with weapons in the CoD series, but if DICE gets a reload animation wrong, it's a straight "no" right away?

*snif, nyyh* voi hellanlettas.

MW3 because BF3 sounded awesome to me until I saw the M4 reload animation and I just.. sarcasm.gif

Youre picking MW3 over BF3 because the reload animation of a certain carbine looks more realistic? Talk about missing the whole f*cking picture or what? mercie_blink.gif .

COD and the mainstream lemmings are lowering the standards of the FPS scene to unacceptable levels, same mp (CS with perks yawn), same scripted, linear, 4 hour long campaign, same overpriced DLC, year after year COD is cheapening and screwing up the whole FPS scene. Why would someone try to bring us innovation, quality and lenght when they profit more by just reskinning and repackaging the same trash and selling it to the lemmings every single year?

I think its about time the lemmings raise their standards, like.. tell activision to spend less on advertising and more on actual game content?

BF3 is pushing forward icon14.gif .

MW3 = stagnation icon13.gif .

Lethal Nizzle

I'll probably end up getting both, but BF3 is where it's at.

You can't accept that from NOT FINAL FOOTAGE/BETA BUILDS but yet you dig the utterly unrealistic weaponmodels and magazines with no rounds in them/that are just closed 'boxes' from Modern Warfare/Call of Duty?

Well... Nigga please

Also, he has that "you can't beat it" mentallity. Yeah, you can't beat the game series if people just give in to that poor mentallity.

I'm not denying that I would love to see an end to the COD series as would most people on this forum but think how many 12 year olds who think its the best thing since sliced bread and the amount of 25 year old losers who live in their basements and cheat. I might as well just buy it because if most people will, whats the point of missing out and whining like little bitches?

I might as well just buy it because if most people will, whats the point of missing out and whining like little bitches?

Because you don't like the game, so why play it?

COD is better, battle field is a good game, but it has less "action" (singleplayer) and larger maps aren't much better. And I hope that in mw3 knife isn't over powered, and in bf3 make the shotgun have less range!

Mr White0161

I'll buy both, however I only play CoD for campaigns. BF3 was my pick, I'll play campaign and mutiplayer probably a little less then how much I play GTA. GTA is still the best out there cool.gif

Tough choice, the new Graphics in BF 3 seem very promising, and MW3 may have some things up it's sleeve, I'll buy both.

- Leo

1st gtaROCKER

I LOVED Battlefield: Bad Company, and I'll probably love BF 3 even more. If both games didn't have multi-player, I'd choose BF over CoD anyday. Shame they do have multi-player, and everyone I know plays CoD, which is why I'm getting MW3, which is why I'm a complete idiot.

Edited by 1st gtaROCKER

*Official GTAFNS Forums Member*

.:See Official Topic for the Link:.

.:PM me for details:.

I voted MW3 because I'm really not a fan on the Battlefield games. The only one I ever liked was Battlefield:1943.

I'll still play them both, but I prefer to see what MW3 will be like. icon14.gif

user posted image

Tough choice, the new Graphics in BF 3 seem very promising, and MW3 may have some things up it's sleeve, I'll buy both.

- Leo

Yh the thing it has up its sleve is a charge for basic content, Activi$ion are a f*cking joke

I'll be giving CoD a wide berth after reading about Elite. It's just another step on the road to 'pay-to-play'

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

LucianoLuchessi

I'll be getting them both, I'll explain briefly why.

I'm getting them both because I buy Call of Duty for the Campaign mode nowadays, when Black Ops came out the online Multiplayer began to bore me, so I sold it. I like playing both the Campaign mode and the online Multiplayer however on the Battlefields games.

LongHairedFreakyGuy
Pre-ordered MW3 yesterday so obviously that's my vote, but I may also pre-order BF3. Never touched the BF games, so am not exactly looking forward to it, but it looks a good game.

If Activision are successful with this 'Elite' bullsh*t, I hope other publishers don't attempt it too.

If Activision are successful with this 'Elite' bullsh*t, I hope other publishers don't attempt it too.

Activision and other publishers are only out to make a buck. It's the chumps that buy into that sh*t that are going to ruin online gaming. Don't buy MW3 - it's as simple as that - send 'em a message.

Everything you're paying for with Elite is free on HALO. Don't give me any of that, "If you don't want it you don't have to get it. Online is still free blah blah blah" Why would you buy a game from such a sinister company anyway?

Seriously I don't give a f*ck if fools and their money are easily parted, but by buying into this sh*t we're looking at a future where we'll be paying three or four times for a single game. Anyone who buys MW3 is a fkn traitor.

9322068076_d79a001db2_o.jpg

LongHairedFreakyGuy
Seriously I don't give a f*ck if fools and their money are easily parted, but by buying into this sh*t we're looking at a future where we'll be paying three or four times for a single game. Anyone who buys MW3 is a fkn traitor.

Highly doubt one companies ideas will effect the whole market, especially if it's such a "bad idea".

Funny seeing you getting so worked up over MW3. smile.gif

Activision and other publishers are only out to make a buck. It's the chumps that buy into that sh*t that are going to ruin online gaming. Don't buy MW3 - it's as simple as that - send 'em a message.

Everything you're paying for with Elite is free on HALO. Don't give me any of that, "If you don't want it you don't have to get it. Online is still free blah blah blah" Why would you buy a game from such a sinister company anyway?

You are going way to far. Chumps? Fools? Sending a message? A Sinister company? People who buy MW3 are traitors? And fkn traitor at that?

Hot damn. We could make a movie.

QF1SfST.png

MW2 was the best, so BF3.

LongHairedFreakyGuy
MW2 was the best, so BF3.

mercie_blink.gif

Trying to work out which side is the typo.