What are you going to get?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to get?

• Modern Warfare 3
    • Battlefield 3
    • Both
    • Neither

which is most satisfying.

You just contradicted yourself entirely, "most satisfying" is a preference.

Slosten.gif

COD games are great for the story modes and decent mp action but gets very boring because all you do is run around and shoot each other. This gets old quick and there are tons of games like this. There's f*ckin' nothing else to do. As for the BF series, bf1942 had planes ships subs mods out the ass and when MP got boring co-op came about which is why this BF Vietnam and BF2 still has thousands of players on these old ass games. Take a MW2 map and compare it to the size of a battlefield map size. BF maps are bigger and co-op allows people to clown about more and have fun. BF3 is said to have co-op so it will possibly outlast in my opinion.

eF7McnF.png

which is most satisfying.

You just contradicted yourself entirely, "most satisfying" is a preference.

No its not. Firing a real rifle is more satisfying than shooting a water gun, thats just fact.

Also, just gonna point this out, but even had I contradicted myself, it make everything else I said null and void right? Whats next? Correct my english?

QF1SfST.png

No its not. Firing a real rifle is more satisfying than shooting a water gun, thats just fact.

No, it really isn't. It may be the overwhelming opinion that firing a real rifle is more satisfying but saying it's fact is just absurd.

A better example than yours which proves the opposite;

'I prefer doggy style to missionary since it's more satisfying. My friend finds missionary more satisfying and prefers it however. '

'I find it more satisfying' = preference = opinion ≠ fact

(Sorry for sexual reference, recent conversation).

Ontopic: Battlefield 3 is shaping up to be awesome. Amazing graphics engine, destruction, good animations and sweet multi-player.

MW3 does seem to be doing exactly the same thing as before, which itself doesn't appeal to me anymore. No thanks.

Edited by d0mm2k8

Sunrise Driver

Though I'll end up getting MW3 aswell just like any other previous CoD game.

And then you're wondering why there're so many sales. sad.gif It's so easy to forget about CoD with games like BF3 and RO2 HoS. And when you'll be bored by this two (if you will) ArmA 3 will be released.

Firing a real rifle is more satisfying than shooting a water gun, thats just fact.

I'm having an incredibly hard time taking you seriously at this point. Just because an opinion is held by the majority does not make it fact.

even had I contradicted myself, it make everything else I said null and void right?

It would've nullified a large chunk of your argument, because you're arguing that comparison does not directly rely on personal preference, when one of your hypothetical comparisons relies completely on personal preference, even though you seem to think it's "fact."

Slosten.gif

Both. Battlefield 3 for the amazing battlefield moments and sheer scope of the map and MW3 for the simple drop-in/drop-out and dominate games with friends.

By your logic, we can't compare anything. Why the hell was the Venn Diagram created? It apparently serves no purpose since you can't compare.

Good idea how about we make a Venn Diagram

Battlefield Bad Company 2-Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

we can't judge the 3rd ones we havn't played them so lets stick to the last games.

i don't know how to make one i guess someone who can make GFX can.

user posted image

By your logic, we can't compare anything. Why the hell was the Venn Diagram created? It apparently serves no purpose since you can't compare.

Good idea how about we make a Venn Diagram

Battlefield Bad Company 2-Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

we can't judge the 3rd ones we havn't played them so lets stick to the last games.

i don't know how to make one i guess someone who can make GFX can.

It's as simple as....

Go to paint, draw two circles.

There really is no need to do a Venn Diagram, it's just that baptiste thinks comparison is impossible, even though it is not.

Hell, I can compare StarCraft II with Mass Effect 2. Lots of differences but also similarities.

el1e0jer0qpyjd2fg.jpg

Firing a real rifle is more satisfying than shooting a water gun, thats just fact.

I'm having an incredibly hard time taking you seriously at this point. Just because an opinion is held by the majority does not make it fact.

even had I contradicted myself, it make everything else I said null and void right?

It would've nullified a large chunk of your argument, because you're arguing that comparison does not directly rely on personal preference, when one of your hypothetical comparisons relies completely on personal preference, even though you seem to think it's "fact."

In my mind there are some things that are simply more satisfying than others factually speaking. And if thats the main point where you disagree with me then we can agree to disagree.

Its more satisfying winning a SCII match than winning a BC2 round. It just is, assuming you take both games as seriously.

QF1SfST.png

Its more satisfying winning a SCII match than winning a BC2 round. It just is

You really don't understand the difference between opinion and fact at all.

Forget it, whatever, we'll agree to disagree. You just keep on calling your opinions fact, I'll just keep thinking that's a f*cking stupid thing to do.

Slosten.gif

Who'd thunk a BF3 VS MW3 thread would turn out like this?

/sarcasm

Its more satisfying winning a SCII match than winning a BC2 round. It just is

You really don't understand the difference between opinion and fact at all.

Forget it, whatever, we'll agree to disagree. You just keep on calling your opinions fact, I'll just keep thinking that's a f*cking stupid thing to do.

No, its a fact that if you take both games seriously and games in general seriously, winning a SCII game, is simply more satisfying, it has more depth, than winning a BC2 round.

I dont claim to know why its more satisfying but feel free to ask anyone who plays both games and fulfills the above requirements and I'm sure they'll tell you starcraft, because its just much more fulfilling. Winning at an RTS is always more satisfying than winning an FPS, because there more depth and understanding and for lack of a better word "skill" in an RTS, so its obvious the end result feels more fulfilling/satisfying. I dont see the problem here, isnt this obvious?

If you dont agree with this, then yeah, as I said, we can agree to disagree.

QF1SfST.png

Wow baptiste, you seriously don't understand the difference between fact and opinion.

Wow baptiste, you seriously don't understand the difference between fact and opinion.

Ah, I see. You guys are actually nitpicking over the word fact. Ohhh, this is awkward.

Just to make sure were not on the same page, because a single person prefers drinking moisty sh*t to a beer, then the fact that beer is better than sh*t is an opinion, not a fact?

QF1SfST.png

Just to make sure were not on the same page, because a single person prefers drinking moisty sh*t to a beer, then the fact that beer is better than sh*t is an opinion, not a fact?

Yes. Thanks for indefinitely proving you don't understand fact and opinion.

Almost universally agreed opinion does not equal fact. Come on, it's not that hard to understand is it?

Whatever, this is just off-topic ramblings now. Let's just stop there.

Yes. Thanks for indefinitely proving you don't understand fact and opinion.

Almost universally agreed opinion does not equal fact. Come on, it's not that hard to understand is it?

Whatever, this is just off-topic ramblings now. Let's just stop there.

Yeah your right actually. And not its not that hard to understand, I was so caught up actually arguing something valid that I didnt realize thats what you were talking about.

It is actually my bad, shoulda seen this coming.

ohwell

QF1SfST.png

manofpeace

Modern Warfare 2 was the final straw for Call of Duty with me. It's the same sh*t rehashed every year. At least Battlefield 3 is significantly upgrading itself since 2.

MW3.

I can play MW on a console (PS3). I cant play Battlefield on a console, it's not meant to be played that way. My current PC will not handle it so I will wait till I get a better PC for BF3.

I hate and love how (almost) every year's fall turns out to be like this - you got two awesome-looking shooters both coming out and you need to decide between the two games.

Personally, I think I'll end up buying both of the games, either at the same time or buying the game that seems more interesting first. The decisive factor, I think, is gonna be about the online gameplay - 90% of my friends will be playing CoD and the BF3 community's gonna be minor, but time'll show.

8wjrzl.png

It's odd to compare the two, Call of Duty is aimed at the impatient and selfish gamers while Battlefield is aimed at the more serious gamers who like to co-operate with other players and help eachother out in combat.

Edited by Stoatz
user posted image

It's odd to compare the two, Call of Duty is aimed at the impatient and selfish gamers while Battlefield is aimed at the more serious gamers who like to co-operate with other players and help eachother out in combat.

Well there's no bias there at all bored.gif

Selfish? Impatient? Why so nasty? Many people simply find it more fun to have quick and constant action instead of lengthy, teamwork-oriented battles. I prefer the latter, but end up playing more of the former simply because people don't like to team-play half the time in BC2. Recon-whores sit back and do nothing, medics and assaulters rush in alone and only drop health/ammo packs for themselves, and engineers play offense with their RPG instead of repairing friendly vehicles.

Though I don't really like your name-calling, I agree about which people each game is aimed at. The problem is that the serious cooperative gamers that Battlefield is aimed at don't seem to exist on consoles as I just explained. They help each other out when it's abundantly convenient. If you're in the attic with a medic on the ground floor, you can kiss your chance of getting a health pack goodbye unless you go to him.

Selfish? Impatient? Why so nasty? Many people simply find it more fun to have quick and constant action instead of lengthy, teamwork-oriented battles. I prefer the latter, but end up playing more of the former simply because people don't like to team-play half the time in BC2. Recon-whores sit back and do nothing, medics and assaulters rush in alone and only drop health/ammo packs for themselves, and engineers play offense with their RPG instead of repairing friendly vehicles.

Though I don't really like your name-calling, I agree about which people each game is aimed at. The problem is that the serious cooperative gamers that Battlefield is aimed at don't seem to exist on consoles as I just explained. They help each other out when it's abundantly convenient. If you're in the attic with a medic on the ground floor, you can kiss your chance of getting a health pack goodbye unless you go to him.

Whether you like the way he phrased it or not, he's right. He shouldn't soften up the truth for someone.

I'm not sure you're right about the Medics, generally they revive a lot of people and as such can easily end up at the top of the score board. Generally if I'm a medic and I toss an assault class guy a med pack he will give me an ammo pack as a little thank you. Some people use the tracer dart gun to help out the engineers when they are trying to destroy vehicles, which is as much their job as repairing is. Speaking of which, the engineers always repair. If they're in your tank and it gets damaged they will get out and repair it. I see this happen even more in the Vietnam pack, the huey is always getting damaged and repaired. You can't say there's no teamwork in battlefield.

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

im getting sick of all the little kids on COD, so i picked BF3. but i am gonna download a copy of mw3 for the single player devil.gif

I pick BF3 over MW3 because BF3's gameplay is my taste that is all,simple as that.

user posted image

I'm not gonna lie, as much as I hate COD I know I will buy it just because I will feel obliged to but Battleifeld 3 looks amazing so I will probably end up getting both. Then again, GOW 3 is out around the same time so maybe that will take priority. Ahhhh, the difficlut choices of gaming.

Oh and please stop the fanboyism, its really, really pathetic...

Machiavelli's Prophecy

I bought Black Ops for the PC and could not play the game for 2 and a half months due to it being bugged, it ran at 10fps and after numerous patches it started working again but f*ck treyarch/activision for such a f*cked up pc port, they'll never get my money again, not even for the console versions. So BF3 it is..

I bought Black Ops for the PC and could not play the game for 2 and a half months due to it being bugged, it ran at 10fps and after numerous patches it started working again but f*ck treyarch/activision for such a f*cked up pc port, they'll never get my money again, not even for the console versions. So BF3 it is..

maybe its ur comp? i could run it perfectly on my pc on launch day...

You're right their is no bias, I couldn't care less about which game sells more in the end. Like it or not I described most Call of Duty players correctly, I just left out the 10 yo remarks to spare the Cod players on this forums feelings. When I played S&D during my Mw2 days I'd be told not to grab the bomb nor set it because people wanted to Quickscope. TDM had no sense of team work it was just a way to get more Xp than FFA. You obviously haven't played with the right people, 90% of matches I go in have people assisting me and I assist people as well. These "Recon whores" are being tatical and covering their team mates from harm which is very very helpful.

user posted image

I'm not gonna lie, as much as I hate COD I know I will buy it just because I will feel obliged to

So you're an idiot?

Guys, if you hate the game, please don't f*cking buy it.