GTA Makers Signed to Long Term Deal

powerchord

Finn 7 five 11

It is also posted here,

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=477238

Since one will probably get locked, here what i posted in there.

i Totally didn't see this one coming/sarcasm Of course their contracts were going to be extended, they are like the most important people at R*, only idiots like Patcher think that contracts were going to affect GTA V.

Thanks for the confirmation anyway, there are some people who were genuinely worried about this.

Long_Haired_Boy

Take 2 is giving them a bigger number.

Capricornus
It is also posted here,

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=477238

Since one will probably get locked, here what i posted in there.

i Totally didn't see this one coming/sarcasm Of course their contracts were going to be extended, they are like the most important people at R*, only idiots like Patcher think that contracts were going to affect GTA V.

Thanks for the confirmation anyway, there are some people who were genuinely worried about this.

Yes, my sentiments exactly. It was going to happen sooner or later but the confirmation should but a end to all the crying.

caprisig.jpg

Expecting otherwise would've been like expecting Microsoft not to renew Bill Gates' contract (before his retirement).

Wow finally some real news! Yeah we all knew this was going to happen no surprise here, the question is, is this a good thing or a bad thing regarding GTA V? monocle.gif Someone answer plz!

There's no question that Rockstar will make more GTAs. Nothing can replace the money it brings in, no matter how good Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire are.

The good news is GTA will continue to have the same creative team that's made it for 10 years. This means it will continue to innovate rather than imitate, because this team has proven they want each new game to achieve something new and not just milk a formula.

Glad the same People will be working on all future GTA's, I remember playing GTA 3 When i was very young lad, and i loved it when it was brand new then, and all the ones after, so knowing they are working on future one's im comfortable with that

This isn't news at all.

If their contracts were expiring of course they would renew them. Especially if its GTA because that's a part of Rockstar that they will want to keep going for a long while.

why let go the creative directors behind a sequel guaranteed to make your company a fortune?

micheal687

What is this have to do with the gta v release.. cant understad this contract thing literally

Please explain. dozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gif

CookPassBabtridge

^ nothing much to explain really; it's business as usual for the company but still no word on V.

powerchord
What is this have to do with the gta v release.. cant understad this contract thing literally

Please explain. dozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gifdozingoff.gif

Do you not think that if the people behind GTA for the last 10 years are not behind the helm of the next game that that would not make a difference? Do you think that serious work was going to be put into a new game if their contracts were going to expire in 8 months?

CookPassBabtridge

Powerchord, in theory what youre saying is right, but realistically this was just a formality. They either retire or sign up for another load of cash

powerchord
Powerchord, in theory what youre saying is right, but realistically this was just a formality. They either retire or sign up for another load of cash

I doubt that their options in the game industry were that limited.

CookPassBabtridge

They pretty much are; why bother starting from scratch at another company and leave such a cashcow behind?

Hardly worth debating over anyway, its a slow-news-day story.

straxi1234
There's no question that Rockstar will make more GTAs. Nothing can replace the money it brings in, no matter how good Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire are.

The good news is GTA will continue to have the same creative team that's made it for 10 years. This means it will continue to innovate rather than imitate, because this team has proven they want each new game to achieve something new and not just milk a formula.

When you say innovate rather than imitate.....such a true statement!!!!

R* please continue to provide us with the game we love so much and I will continue to pay money to you smile.gif