SSOTM Voting

Eminence

Voting for this month's competition is now open; skim through the rules and then let us know who you think deserves to win! As usual there's no voting for yourself and of course, make sure you read every entry before deciding!

How to Vote

To vote, simply reply to this topic giving the name of your chosen piece. However, there is one rule:

You must give a reason why you think the story deserves to win.

This can be as short or as long as you want - but it must be valid. This is basically to make sure people don't turn it into a popularity contest by getting randomers to come in and vote for their story - that's not what this is about!

Votes without a stated reason will not be counted, and voting this month closes on the 30th.

The Entries:

First Lady, First Lady

Craig

Mouse Story

Typhus

The Ridge

Eminence

The Swan Killer

methods.

Swan Song

UglyCasanova

LCollusions

I vote Craig, ridiculously funny, and a real thing that can happen to anybody out in this world, personal experiences maybe? And it's just the type of story I like, Good, Funny, Girls, Affairs, and a twist of sexy. in it. From the tone in my head, I could imagine how beautiful the girls where. Perfect, just Perfect.

I vote Craig, ridiculously funny, and a real thing that can happen to anybody out in this world, personal experiences maybe? And it's just the type of story I like, Good, Funny, Girls, Affairs, and a twist of sexy. in it. From the tone in my head, I could imagine how beautiful the girls where. Perfect, just Perfect.

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble relating this description to the story? dontgetit.gif

Heh. Me too.

I've decided to vote for Typhus and his story because it appeared to be the most original take on the theme out of the stories that were there. I couldn't fault the writing style either and the fact that Elanman's mum created an account just to post her positive feedback is in my opinion another positive. smile.gif

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble relating this description to the story? dontgetit.gif

Me too, haha.

Considering the theme, I think everyone really outdid themselves - it would have been so easy to just write about an assassination and stick a swan in there somehow, but each one of us pulled something different out of the bag. My vote goes to Typhus, probably because it featured a plot I expected the least. I'm always fond of stories in SSOTM that follow the theme loosely, or at least take it a complete different way than what everyone expects. This did it for me.

Well, it's been a long time since I've entered one of these competitions, but I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. You've all done a great job and crafted some very interesting stories. Fittingly, with the theme being about a conspiracy, there has been a lot more to these stories than meets the eye.

My vote goes to The Ridge by Eminence. Despite the fact that the setting is so overdone and that I usually hate Wild West stories, this really impressed me. The bad guys were actually the good guys and whilst at first you perhaps thought the Marshall and his men were fascistic bullies, they are doing the right thing. The 'bad guys' are actually the most moral of all. This idea speaks to me on a very deep level, I identify with characters like that and admire them a great deal. Men who get the job done. No mercy, compassion or weakness. Just utilitarian order. Em, well done! smile.gif

I'm going for Typhus' Mouse Story. It was thoroughly entertaining and led me to believe it was heading in one direction, then completely pulled that from under me. The way it did come about was one of those endings that in in hindsight you look over and see just how well it all fits together, it just felt perfect to me. Really enjoyed it!

1st gtaROCKER

Mmmm...They were all good, but I think Typhus' story really cut it. Interesting, unpredictable and immersing are just three words to describe it. Well done Typhus, well done all of you! lol.gif

*Official GTAFNS Forums Member*

.:See Official Topic for the Link:.

.:PM me for details:.

Only 3 days left to vote. Make it count, gringos. smile.gif

I'm voting for Typhus' Mouse Story simply because the feel of it brought back memories of simple, childhood moral tales and that kind of heart warming, almost Disneyish story is a welcome addition to SSOTM for me.

U R B A N I T A S

My vote also goes to Mouse Story by Typhus, something a bit different in WD. I really enjoyed reading it, it had a sort of child-like story going on that worked well. Good efforts all around, I particularly enjoyed UglyCasanova's entry again this month. However, Typhus gets my vote overall.

user posted image

Congratulations to Typhus, who has won this month's competition with Mouse Story!

We'll sort out the theme for next month and the new competition will be posted in a couple days. smile.gif

Congratulations to Typhus, who has won this month's competition with Mouse Story!

We'll sort out the theme for next month and the new competition will be posted in a couple days. smile.gif

I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me. Often, I worry about my writing and think that I'm an untalented imbecile with no intelligence whatsoever. But to have so many people enjoy something I wrote is a very nice feeling indeed. Thank you all! smile.gif