Stuck on mission where you fly fighter chopper

SirDeity

Hello. I forget the name of the mission but I think it is the last one or near the end of the game. It starts off with me meeting up with the Jamaican guy and following some guys to a house by the water, where I have to fight my way in in persuit of the dude who betrayed me twice before and called the hit on me which killed my cousin, Roman. Anyway, the guy I'm ultimately after gets in an escape chopper so I follow him by boat until my Jamaican friend shows up again in a chopper. This time the chopper has a minigun which I assume I'm supposed to use to shoot down the chopper I'm supposed to be chasing.

So I've tried this mission at least 5 times already. Everything in it is easy, except for the flying. I flew the earlier chopper missions no problem. The flight controls are VERY awkward, but provided unlimited time to ssssslowly move around to avoid crashing, it could be done. However, in addition to the nearly impossible flight controls, the camera seems to be not working! My camera won't follow me. If I turn the chopper to face right, the camera doesn't change with it. It's like I'm expected to fly the most awkward thing in the world while blind folded. It is impossible! I'm so frustrated I'm ready to quit the game, but I was really hoping to beat it this time (this is my second playthrough attempt). Again, the only part of the entire game which is giving me trouble is flying the chopper. I could cope with really awkward controls, but without my camera repositioning according to the direction I'm facing, this just isn't possible. Are there any cheats or anything I can do to skip this stupid flight portion of the mission? Is there some button I'm supposed to press to reposition the camera so I can see what's in front of me? If there's a cheat to automatically complete missions, what is it? I'd love to skip this one as I've already attempted it enough times. Thanks.

Gta4Freak-2011

One thing i learned awhile back is not to fly right behind the heli your chasing but to fly high above it untill the rocket hits you. About the camera problemuser posted image

Edited by Gta4Freak-2011

AndreaXCII

thats the last mission, dont skip it and watch some videos on youtube to get an idea of how other people completed it

One thing i learned awhile back is not to fly right behind the heli your chasing but to fly high above it untill the rocket hits you. About the camera problemuser posted image

actually just spray the mgs and dodge rpg's eventually you will trigger the cutscene and start the last ground fight

This just isn't possible. The camera is facing the side of my chopper so I can even see what is in front of me. How can I shoot at something or fly in a direction I can't see? Is there any way to skip the flight part?

Captain_Obvis456

This just isn't possible. The camera is facing the side of my chopper so I can even see what is in front of me. How can I shoot at something or fly in a direction I can't see? Is there any way to skip the flight part?

Well, you didn't say what you are playing on, but have you tried holding the button so the camera follows your target? Like on Xbox it's B, PS3 it's circle(?). Or did you try going to first person view?

And if you are playing on PC there is a totally different strategy.

And whatever you do, don't fly low like it says, stay high so it's easier to dodge the rockets coming at you.

Also don't bother shooting, just follow and you eventually get shot down. It's part of the mission. Don't give up.

No idea why people ask for help and don't say what they are playing on.