GTA:SA Weapon.dat

aStiffSausage

aStiffSausage

What GTAModding says about weapon.dat on GTA:SA

It isn't much, eh?

I can't really figure out, how I can change the animation for holding the weapon, or how to toggle sprint with weapon.

I've somehow understoof RoF, damage, ammo and some other stuff... But those two things are something I would like to know, as they aren't documented. dontgetit.gif

It isn't much, eh?

I can't really figure out, how I can change the animation for holding the weapon, or how to toggle sprint with weapon.

I've somehow understoof RoF, damage, ammo and some other stuff... But those two things are something I would like to know, as they aren't documented. dontgetit.gif

You should be happy because months before there was no article/page for this. tounge.gif

I think in the weapon.dat is only refereed an "animation group" which is baseCombo for melee weapons and animgrp for guns. Also I think running with a weapon depends on the actor for example some players in SA MP run with an AK.

aStiffSausage

It isn't much, eh?

I've somehow understoof RoF, damage, ammo and some other stuff... But those two things are something I would like to know, as they aren't documented.  dontgetit.gif

You should be happy because months before there was no article/page for this. tounge.gif

I think in the weapon.dat is only refereed an "animation group" which is baseCombo for melee weapons and animgrp for guns. Also I think running with a weapon depends on the actor for example some players in SA MP run with an AK.

I think I figured out first part: Anims are defined in default.ide and weapon.dat biggrin.gif

I'm not sure about running with "heavy" weapons... It could also be S0beit which makes them run in SA:MP. I'll be playing, at least got one thing solved icon14.gif

• 4 weeks later...
bonscott1976

$ PISTOL_SILENCED INSTANT_HIT 999.0 999.0 347 -1 2 rifle 30 999 0.40 0.05 0.15 2 999 3.30 20.0 11 12 11 11 12 11 99 7031

this is my own silenced pistol line from my weapons.dat file. what i did to change the way CJ holds the guns is change where it says rifle to basically anything else in the weapons.dat that you want to try....colt45pro is one...buddy is another..flame is another. now if you do that, i found that you'll probably have to change around a few of the numbers at the very end of the line. the 7031...to 7001, 7011...and so forth. also, depending on which numbers you change the final sequence to will make you double wield your weapon. double miniguns can be awesome...lolol.

what helped me out tremendously is straightening the entire weapons.dat file so everything falls under the correct letters A,B,C,D and so on. many a time i changed the wrong thing and had to download a whole new weapons file because i FORGOT TO MAKE A BACKUP!!!...lol.

and for fun i changed the accuracy and the movement speed (in the line where it says 3.30 20)...now i outrun cars on foot...have fun. ;-)

aStiffSausage

Adler:

I meant like with AK47, there's no "Heavy"-flag enabled with it.

Bonscott1976:

I got that, only problem I got so far is propably hard-coded... sad.gif

Oh right you mean sprinting with a heavy weapon. Sorry the heavy flag in weapon.dat actually disables jumping.

Sprinting should have to do with the anim groups of the weapon.

23088_s.gif

aStiffSausage
Oh right you mean sprinting with a heavy weapon. Sorry the heavy flag in weapon.dat actually disables jumping.

Sprinting should have to do with the anim groups of the weapon.

Well, I've tried a lot of things with my GTA:SA, and now sawn-off is held like SPAS. Changed default.ide and weapon.dat to change those, and it changes the way it's holden in hand when aiming and reload-animation is also affected, maybe due to default.ide? But no difference on sprinting, could it be defined in .exe, which weapon-ID's are able to sprint and which aren't? mercie_blink.gif

TheNathanNS

i dont know a lot about weapon.dat but the weapons you can run with are

any handheld pistol (Colt 45 Silenced & Deagle)

Any SMG (Micro, Uzi.Tec9 and MP5)

throwable items (grenades, molotov cocktails & statchel charges)

SOME melee items (Nightstick Knife Katana)

other weapons you can only jog NOT run (unless you mod the weapon.dat or use a hacking device) < highly unrecommended unless you want to be called a "loser who cant play games"

BUT on some servers on SA-MP you can run with any weapon

Well, I've tried a lot of things with my GTA:SA, and now sawn-off is held like SPAS. Changed default.ide and weapon.dat to change those, and it changes the way it's holden in hand when aiming and reload-animation is also affected, maybe due to default.ide? But no difference on sprinting, could it be defined in .exe, which weapon-ID's are able to sprint and which aren't? mercie_blink.gif

Ah looks like I was mistaken. I guess it is hard-coded lol.

23088_s.gif

I've just started editing the weapon.dat today, I have made it so all weapons are single wielded and that certain guns are held a certain way, can anybody tell me what number affects the speed of the shooting?

Example line:

$ TEC9 INSTANT_HIT 40.0 30.0 372 -1 4 colt_cop 30 30 0.45 -0.05 0.11 0 0 1.75 1.0 6 8 6 6 8 6 99 7001

Which one controls the fire rate?

Thanks!

aStiffSausage

And remember, for example your line, 2nd and 5th digit need to be higher than other digits, otherwise it can be buggy. For very fast RoF, try for example

4 5 4 4 5 4

All right thanks!

It worked, I also changed the ammo count down to six, the ammo count was the first 30, the one after colt_cop.

It's actually quite fun messing around with the digits.

bonscott1976

i tried and now use the 11 12 11 11 12 11 animation thingy....i love it. the sawn-off is a real mother@#$%er now....lolol. before when you shot and blew up a car and for fun you kept shooting at it to make the car body move around.....it just kinda jumped...now....the sawn-off will pretty much push them right out of view....

for fun i also managed to hook up 7 tow trucks with their cables and drive around...i hit the nitrous with the lead truck and did this wicked cool crack-the-whip thing and popped the last tow truck off....slid clear across the screen....lolol.

Could anyone make tutorial how to create a own weapon.dat lines (a b c d e what's that mean by?)