PS3 Help Please!

Rockyorock

Rockyorock

I need some help with a broken PS3.

I moved to England about 1 1/2 years ago with a broken PS3 waiting to get it fixed. About 5 months ago I bought a British Xbox, so I didnt really bother with fixing the old PS3. Now that LA Noire is coming out I really cant be bothered with 3 disks so I decided to get it fixed. Now this is the problem, Sony in Britian will not fix American PS3s and no repair shop that i have been to will fix it they just say it will just break in a month again(they have been sued for it before). It is a yellow light of death so i think its just overheated, but we took it to someone and they said that some plastic had melted over something because it was too hot. So I need to know a few things:

1. Does anyone know any places around the southern area where i can get it fixed? e.g. Brighton

2. I had lost the power plug to the PS3, so is there any way to get an American PS3 power plug in England?

3. Does the yellow light of death effect the memory?

4. Can I still retract the memoy from the system if it is off?

5. Can it use British discs in the American system?

Thank You to anyone that helps and I do hope this is in the right section.

Edited by Rockyorock

The PS3 is region free apart from Films and PS1/PS2 games, so you should be able to play PAL games on it. I can only assume that the repair shops know what they're talking about and it will go wrong again, why else would they turn away business? I'd say stick with the 3 disks, or buy a new Slim as they're pretty cheap and don't suffer from YLOD's. You might be able to transfer the data by removing the hard drive and putting it into another model, then copying the files onto a USB stick, but I'm not sure.

Well I have a UK PS3 and US games work in it, also you can get US to UK power supply converters and vica-versa if that helps.

Rockyorock

I dont think its that they break so soon afterwards, its just that they have been sued for it before so they dont fix them anymore. Im pretty sure they did do that. Any way i can get another power plug for it so i can fix it myself? Im a little dumb on electric devices so I really have almost no idea.

Garfield 2
I dont think its that they break so soon afterwards, its just that they have been sued for it before so they dont fix them anymore. Im pretty sure they did do that. Any way i can get another power plug for it so i can fix it myself? Im a little dumb on electric devices so I really have almost no idea.

Look up PS3 Reballing. Mine lasted 9 months with that

Rockyorock

Thanks for the help, but wouldnt the PS3 need to be working for that, or dont I need like a lot of equipment for it?? Is YLOD as serious as RLOD? Basically, is it easily repairable and could i do it by myself?

Edited by Rockyorock