Missing textures

NikoBellicGTAIV

NikoBellicGTAIV

Hi! My problem is that whenever I try to run GTA IV, not everything shows up. You know, missing textures. Also, when I get a wanted rating, cops just follow me, but they don't arrest me. They just arrest me when I point a gun at them. And the only way I can get a weapon is during the second mission, "It's Your Call", using the weapons cheat. This is because it's the only moment in the game I get the cellphone, since I can't complete the mission either. When the loan sharks appear, I call Roman, but he doesn't answer. After a few minutes waiting for him to answer, I hang up the phone, and a message tells me that the loan sharks caught up Roman. I can't get out of the car or move while I'm with the cell phone.

My system specs are:

Operating system: Windows 7

RAM: 2,00 GB

Intel Core i3 M370 2,45 GHz 2,39 GHz

Driver: Intel HD Graphics and many other Intel drivers

GTAIV doesn't run well on integrated graphics, i.e. you don't meet the system requirements.

Try using an older patch, like 1.0.4.0., xliveless and memrestrict.

I agree w/ mkey82. I tried playing GTA IV using intel integrated graphics but instead it left me with horrible graphics and it would crash every now and then. Purchase a suitable graphics card and update to the latest drivers, that should solve it biggrin.gif

NikoBellicGTAIV

Graphics are not so bad (I mean characters look okay, and when streets shows up, everything looks OK too). It's the missing textures problem that is so bad. So you say I should purchase a new video card... and what if I download that patch and the xlive thing istead? Would that work? Oh, besides, when I start "It's Your Call" and the cutscene ends, streets and everything appear, but only as far as the second intersection (and only if I don't turn the camera around. If I do that, the buildings behind me disappear).

Also, is the "cops not arresting me unless I point them with a gun" (long name) problem related to the missing textures?

intel hd graphics can handle gta iv. But keep one thing in mind, right now your game might be running smooth but when you'll fix the bug and textures load properly you'll experience a horrible even in the lowest settings...

You've got to do a lot of work to run it smooth..

intel hd graphics can handle gta iv. But keep one thing in mind, right now your game might be running smooth but when you'll fix the bug and textures load properly you'll experience a horrible even in the lowest settings...

You've got to do a lot of work to run it smooth..

sorry i forgot to write 'lag' after 'horrible'...

And yeah, this is a driver issue for sure...

NikoBellicGTAIV

I downloaded the latest Intel drivers. I have a lot of driver programs that sya I don't need any more driver updates.

Also, in the graphics menu, I can't configure all commands. I know this is something that Rockstar did and not a bug, but I accidentaly pressed the "auto configure" button, which raised all settings and a warning says my setting are too high, and now I can't change them back because I just can't modify them. If I press the "auto configure" button again, nothing happens.

use commandline... and yeah the latest driver update wont work.. latest drivers dont work on intel.. you've to find old drivers in fact check every driver's compability with gta iv by

installing them one by one... will take a lot of but will get gta iv running...

And if you dont know what commandline is then you need to look through gtaforums, there're loads of threads on it..

One you fix the texture problem i'll help you with rest of the tweaking for intel integrated card.. i completed this game on intel x3100.. LOL

good luck..

NikoBellicGTAIV

You mean commandlines for the cops problem or to fix the high graphics?

You mean commandlines for the cops problem or to fix the high graphics?

Neither.. Commandline is used to change game settings.. Graphics settings mainly..

And drivers're for missing textures not for cops.. What'll cops do with drivers? Arrest the corrupt ones i guess..

NikoBellicGTAIV

OK. One question. Will Ati, NVidia GeForce or other Nvidia drivers or any other driver typre work on an Intel video card? I'm sure they won't, but just to be sure.

NikoBellicGTAIV

I added the commandline and it worked, all graphic settings are set to low. The bad thing is that now less textures appear. You know, I installed the lates Intel driver 4 days ago. When I opened the game, a lot of textures showed up (not all of them). But, now I set the graphics to low, everything went back to terrible, which means it was not the driver, but the high graphic settings. Oh well, now you say I need to install ever Intel driver, regardless of old or new, to see which is compatible with GTA 4. Long task.

From what you describe, it sounds less like missing textures (Which causes affected objects to render in black), and more like missing objects.

I'd say reinstalling the game (If you've not done so) might be worth a shot.

NikoBellicGTAIV

Well, nothing renders in black. Nothing appears apart from people, cars and postlights. Around internet and the forums, that is called missing textures.

NikoBellicGTAIV

I downloaded System CacheBoost, but that didn't work. Once I downloaded it, it started analizing the hard disk, but nothing else. Do I have to press any buttons on System CacheBoost for it to work?

NikoBellicGTAIV

Just to be sure, I have to download every intel driver to find which is compatible with GTA IV, right?

I downloaded System CacheBoost, but that didn't work. Once I downloaded it, it started analizing the hard disk, but nothing else. Do I have to press any buttons on System CacheBoost for it to work?

You don't have to press anything, you just have to leave it running while playing GTA IV. The textures improve overtime. Did you update your game to 1.0.7.0?

NikoBellicGTAIV

I'm not sure if the version of GTA IV is 1.07.0. I'll check. Also, when I get wasted, and I appear at the hospital, textures appear, but only as far as the main intersection (1 block). Sometimes, just the hospital appears. When I enter the hospital, only people appear. If I paue, and I keep pausing and pausing the game, textures increase until all the hospital appears. But this only works in interiors. Not the streets.

NikoBellicGTAIV

I have a lot of Intel Chipset drivers. Do I have to remove this too before changing the Intel display drivers? (I'm not even sure if the main Intel drivers I'm talking about are display drivers. I think they are).

Try re-installing the game and update to the latest version 1.0.7.0. Then change your resolution to low settings at first and adjust for improvement. I had issues with missing textures and the problem disappeared when I updated it along with the cache boost.

NikoBellicGTAIV

I re-installed the game. I tried to upgrade to 1.0.7.0, but the problem is that when the installation of the patch is finished, it says that the Rockstar Games Social Club is not needed anymore, so it uninstalls it. But when I open GTA IV, it says that a critical error happened, and that I have to re-install the game. I did it twice. It seems that I need the Rockstar Games Social Club.

NikoBellicGTAIV

I contacted Rockstar and they said that I don't meet the minimum requirements. I need Nvidia or ATI cards. Thanks anyway.