Taxi Bug Discusions

alex.sparco

alex.sparco

Hi,

I want to know the reason of taxi bug...because of what it appear?

What is the best fix?

Hi,

I want to know the reason of taxi bug...because of what it appear?

What is the best fix?

The taxibug seems to occur when the filesize of the vehicles.img file gets too big due to modding.

When you add high quality car models with bigger filesizes than the original car models the file gets bigger. Normal size is about 83MB, modded files can reach much more.

Due to this the spawning of random cars ingame fail. I don´t know exactly what goes on inside but the vehicles.img file plays a significant role.

I tried some mods to avoid this but the results were not satisfying. I take the original traffic as it comes.

But should try the traffic scripts or whatever, maybe you´re more satisfied than me.

Maybe this can help:

http://gtapolicemods.com/index.php?app=dow...ds&showfile=404

http://www.gtaplanet.de/downloads/file/gta...trol/10649.html

Edited by NaidRaida

alex.sparco

Can I get out some vehicles from vehicles.img to reduce the size?(I don't like that fixes)

reduced size doesn't help - i have tried changing one (only one!) model with an even smaller in size one, and the 'taxi bug' occurs.. for me TCS works kinda fine, when traffic density is set at 1 smile.gif

alex.sparco

I have problem with it....I have 1.0.7.0...when i start the game an error appers but game is starting.(with TCS installed)

Description: Stopped workingProblem signature: Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH Application Name:	GTAIV.exe Application Version:	1.0.7.0 Application Timestamp:	4bd9efbe Fault Module Name:	KERNELBASE.dll Fault Module Version:	6.1.7600.16385 Fault Module Timestamp:	4a5bdaae Exception Code:	e0434f4d Exception Offset:	00009617 OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1 Locale ID:	1048Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline: C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

you've changed cars? there is a simple trick when changing cars - you need to load a save game without changed cars in the safehouses! for example: remove all cars from the safehouses, make a new save (the game autoloads the latest save), and THEN change the files smile.gif a backup of stock vehicles.img is priceless smile.gif

Oh, reducing the filesize before adding bigger files I haven´t tried yet. Reducing traffic density may help but that kills alot of atmosphere IMO.

alex.sparco

I think i have the solution. Last year I haved a original savegame(with Live account),i haved moded cars(vehicles.img 100 mb) and i haved no taxi bug.Now i have savegame with xlive less and i modded the same cars and i have the taxi bug.

P.S:I speaked with Alexander Blade and it's possible to make a fix:

ah , thats the vehicle memory limit , i dont know where to change it in the exe , ill try to find it but not now and not this month , if ill find out something ill let u know

• 3 weeks later...
I think i have the solution. Last year I haved a original savegame(with Live account),i haved moded cars(vehicles.img 100 mb) and i haved no taxi bug.Now i have savegame with xlive less and i modded the same cars and i have the taxi bug.

P.S:I speaked with Alexander Blade and it's possible to make a fix:

ah , thats the vehicle memory limit , i dont know where to change it in the exe , ill try to find it but not now and not this month , if ill find out something ill let u know

Maybe that would be the new best fix soon becuase this is getting to a bigger problem for people who like to mod cars

• 3 weeks later...