4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Kirsty

Game of Thrones

The Queenslayer

April 14 it is

Get ready for 100 clickbait videos on what this 120 second promo means and don't forget to smash that Like Button

Karl11

I take that is what you mean by that

feckyerlife

i love how they shattered one of the bigger fan theories with a 1 min trailer lol

feckyerlife

seems like most of the trailer is from battle of winterfell and wheres the snow in KL

Pesos

how hard is it to cgi in some snow for King's Landing. did the dragons eat all the budget up again. 🙈

Is this The Guy?

Picture from a 2009 book signing

314rzp4.jpg

Crazy how it’s almost over

Pesos
On 3/14/2019 at 4:18 PM, Is this The Guy? said:

Picture from a 2009 book signing

Crazy how it’s almost over

Obligatory crazy how the TV show is almost over and The Winds of Winter still doesn't even have a release date yet 😥

Karl11
Posted (edited)

To give everyone here a heads-up, this one known Spanish leaker has leaked possibly the whole S08E1 breakdown & while both the original and the edited video have been taken down by HBO, some people were able to translate it & post it on Reddit & elsewhere, so beware of that.

Also the official Season 8 poster has been revealed:

aGZG235_460swp.webp

EDIT: Here are 2 new official Season 8 promos, showing some old & some new footage:

Edited by Karl11
Added the 2 new Promos

DareYokel

This is it fellas. It starts tonight.

Remember, don't barge in this topic without watching the latest episode first. But also remember to use spoiler tags just in case.

The Queenslayer

Good start for Ep 1 :)

Pesos
Posted (edited)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. With only six episodes total and so much to get through, why is there still so much f*cking pointless filler* so the plot drags on at a snail's pace. Good grief.

It's going to be really difficult to find a replacement hate-watch when this ends 🤣

To clarify:

Talking about any scenes that only serve to reiterate that Jon & Dany are boning and have fallen for each other, so it's gonna be totally awkward when they find out they're actually siblings! Woo.

You're beating a dead horse, just get on with it.

Edited by Pesos

el carlitos

Liked the last scene a lot. It was like "Ohh, there was something, f*ck he´s still alive?"

assassin1510

You know nothing 😎

darthYENIK
On 4/15/2019 at 12:25 AM, Pesos said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. With only six episodes total and so much to get through, why is there still so much f*cking pointless filler* so the plot drags on at a snail's pace. Good grief.

It's going to be really difficult to find a replacement hate-watch when this ends 🤣

To clarify:

Hide contents

Talking about any scenes that only serve to reiterate that Jon & Dany are boning and have fallen for each other, so it's gonna be totally awkward when they find out they're actually siblings! Woo.

You're beating a dead horse, just get on with it.

Because their relationship is an important part of the story, and to just say, these two are boning, and leave it at that would not give you a full appreciation for it.  You need to build it up, raise the stakes, show what they can lose, and then make them fight for it, or mourn that it can never be.  Otherwise it’s just a two dimensional relationship that means nothing if it succeeds or fails, and the battles fought for it will be just as emotionally pointless.

Pesos
Posted (edited)

Except that I didn't say they were "just boning" now did I? These scenes don't build on their relationship in any meaningful capacity, and serve simply to reiterate what is already established (which is kind of the point of the recap before the episode even starts). If the emotional weight of the potential conflict isn't already there, then them riding dragons together or "Oh your sister doesn't like me does she?" isn't going to fix that. Especially with the former existing purely because "cool" and they've got to milk the CGI budget.

Those scenes could have been cut and you'd still have the same emotional weight of the crypt meeting in this episode.

Edited by Pesos

el carlitos
Posted (edited)

Episode 2 was great. Very emotional and tension build up for the next episode. The next one will be epic. 

Edited by el carlitos

DareYokel
Posted (edited)

Jaime stole the entire episode. He owned every scene he was in. Great episode.

Edited by DareYokel

darthYENIK
7 hours ago, Pesos said:

Except that I didn't say they were "just boning" now did I? These scenes don't build on their relationship in any meaningful capacity, and serve simply to reiterate what is already established (which is kind of the point of the recap before the episode even starts). If the emotional weight of the potential conflict isn't already there, then them riding dragons together or "Oh your sister doesn't like me does she?" isn't going to fix that. Especially with the former existing purely because "cool" and they've got to milk the CGI budget.

Those scenes could have been cut and you'd still have the same emotional weight of the crypt meeting in this episode.

Yeah, you said they’re falling for each other.  So is that just supposed to be a perpetual state?  Just falling for each other?  How do you take that to the next level and develop the relationship?  How to you go from falling for each other to actual love without giving them a scene like the dragon flying where they are interacting with each other alone?

In storytelling, characters, relationships, tension, are all things that need to be built in layers.  Like a samurai sword.  Each scene is like a folding of the sword and the more foldings, even if it is identical to the one before, make a stronger product.

Pesos
35 minutes ago, darthYENIK said:

Yeah, you said they’re falling for each other.  So is that just supposed to be a perpetual state?  Just falling for each other?  How do you take that to the next level and develop the relationship?  How to you go from falling for each other to actual love without giving them a scene like the dragon flying where they are interacting with each other alone?

In storytelling, characters, relationships, tension, are all things that need to be built in layers.  Like a samurai sword.  Each scene is like a folding of the sword and the more foldings, even if it is identical to the one before, make a stronger product.

What I actually said was, "fallen for each other" not falling for each other; the implication being of course that they've already arrived at the destination you largely talk about building them towards (this actually happened over the course of the last season. shocker I know).

The issue isn't a question of how these sorts of things are supposed to work, it's whether they actually accomplish what they set out to do. But as I said, in my opinion anyway, they resoundingly do not - they could have been easily cut and the audience would feel exactly the same way at the end of episode 2 as they did with it in.

1 hour ago, DareYokel said:

Jaime stole the entire episode. He owned every scene he was in. Great episode.

Can we get an honourable mention for Alfie Allen too? Theon may not have had a lot of screen time but absolutely killed what he did have.

With all the reunions they were doing though, they left a pretty big one off the table (Sansa & The Hound). Strange choice but eh. 

ThaBirdCoot

That was quite dramatic tonight

Pesos

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

check box ticked

DareYokel

I was shaking the entire time. Holy mother of god. And that was the predictable outcome. I've no idea what they're gonna do in the last three episodes.

The Odyssey

God... I really wanted to love this episode. 

There were so many things it did right... The cinematography was f*cking top notch. I absolutely loved how they used minimal lighting to capture that isolated, dreaded feeling of being in pitch black dark with zero sense of whats around you. That one shot of Jorah riding horseback as the fiery projectiles are launched above them, simply one of the best shots of the entire series. 

Melisandre was f*cking awesome in this episode as well. I'm happy she got a mini redemption arc before her death. The final shot of the episode with her walking into the distance as she turns to dust was a perfect sendoff. 

Theon and Jorahs death scenes were executed beautifully. I welled up a bit during Jorahs, which is a first for me watching GoT. Bran saying to Theon that Winterfell is his home got to me as well. 

But then the Night King died. Along with the rest of the White Walkers. And all I have  to say is why. Why bother hyping up this lethal enemy to imply they're going to play a pivotal role in the series end, only to be killed off in the span of a minute. Let me clarify, I think that The Night King's death itself was cool, and I think Ayra was the right person to do it, but why on earth did they have to follow through with the "Hivemind" cliche and kill off the rest of the other white walkers? How cool would it have been if the Night King died and then the White Walkers were not affected? Or if Bran somehow took control of the undead? f*cking hell this episode was so damn good right until it delved into cliche territory 

Pesos

Probably the worst written episode to date, at least when factoring in the context that this was the culmination of 7 seasons of buildup.

In any event... it's time to get ready

RQ1px3k.jpg

Is this The Guy?

Well damn..... 7 years of build up and hype for that crap yikes.

lmao @ the Dothraki though.  I know I shouldn’t have but I laughed so hard when that sea of burning swords disappeared like that.

The one huge bright spot was Theon though. RIP and well done man.

Pesos

^

The Odyssey

Shoddily put together but this is how the episode should have ended, maybe with a slightly less important character than Jon dying. In any case there's no way Brienne, Sam or Jaime should have survived that episode. Seriously you're telling me an entire trained army can get wiped out by these things in  a matter of seconds, but one overweight dude scrambling around a field and having an anxiety attack  manages to fend them off for an entire night without even attempting to  fight one of them? 

Pesos
Posted (edited)

Dragons sure are easy to kill.

🙃

Edited by Pesos

loyletomycapo

IF EURON'S FLEET WAS ANGLED TO TAKE SHOTS AT THE DRAGONS HOW COULD THE DRAGONS NOT SEE EURON'S FLEET MS7k5sN.png

1 hour ago, Pesos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Dragons sure are easy to kill.

🙃

piss on aegon