2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Kirsty

Game of Thrones

Neon_Dreaming

Not a big fan of behind the scenes footage but this clip from a couple of seasons ago is pretty funny.

Karl11

Gotta bump this thread with the last episode of the Game Revealed:

Also I happened to hear one song, that perfectly captures Cersei's attitude in well... not just Season 7 but previous ones as well. That's the song:

AlienTwo

It's official.... at least we have Westworld to tide us over a touch.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

So I take it that these six episodes are going to be a bit longer than the usual hour/hour-plus format, right? It feels like they have so much story to get through in just six episodes.

AlienTwo

I read they are going to be feature length...

darthYENIK

The Winds of Winter still wont be out.

AlienTwo

Hopefully my grandchildren will get to read Winds of Winter.

Leftist Bastard

i'm going to meet Jaime Lannister at the end of the month and i'm about to FREAK THE f*ck OUT AHHHHHHHHHHHH

for all its flaws i'll really miss this show

Darth Yokel

Don't forget to post pictures!

Mister Pink

Finally finished season 3. I've been watching this really slowly. I must admit, season 3 was great. I was a bit on the fence about GoT. I just hate some shows that get so big that you see the actors everywhere not in character, silly GoT polls and games show up on your Facebook, people wet themselves over it like they've never seen a TV show before. I don't mind that too much but There's a reason why say some shows I've watched they made deliberate choices to not have "behind the scenes" and recaps at the start of the show to keep it feeling authentic and to keep the world intact. So when you are watching the show, immersed in the world you aren't then seeing the actors doing some silly parody of the role they play on some cheap comedy show. I don't know if that sort of thing bothers anyone else?

Anyway, I look forward to season 4.. My elf and my partner will go on a Game of Thrones tour this summer. There's this one..

DW_Map_ONLINE-compressed.jpg

And one here...

Tollymore_Map_Online_v3.jpg

Edited by Mister Pink

Craigsters

GBoU9bv.jpg

Karl11

Oh these Disney-styled art are somewhat cute and terrifying at the same time.

Been able to watch the season 7 at last from Yle TV 2 (Finnish channel), started with 1 to 3 straight in a row, next week will be 4 to 6.

Jimmy

IMG_8209.jpg

This was a rather cruel April Fool's joke played by HBO.

Karl11
Posted (edited)

Found this at the internet, possibly could be true:

jonathan-quinlan-season-8-winterfell-bat

Edited by Karl11

Queenslayer
On 4/18/2018 at 7:48 PM, Karl11 said:

Found this at the internet, possibly could be true:

jonathan-quinlan-season-8-winterfell-bat

I respect the actors and the team working hard because making shows for tv is where it's at.  I fully appreciate what HBO and the G.O.T franchise has done for my country of Northern Ireland.  We were once seen as a country who shoot and blow each other up morning, noon and night.  Tourism is booming and the interest in our country has never been higher.

I still think D&D have wrote themselves into a corner with how S7 progressed and ended. 

Forty

I wasn't a fan of the pacing of season 7 at all. I understand their need to wrap things up, but I wish they could've gotten one more season to make the storylines more plausible and character travel times requiring less of a suspension of belief. The pacing of the first four seasons was brilliant, I thought. Such wrought tension drawn out over multi episode arcs. Season 7 was a series of blockbuster moments that, in my view, failed to create the same kind of tension I'd come to expect. It was intense and action packed, but had more popcorn stuffing oh-sh*t moments, and less cerebral, foreboding sort of drama. Maybe it's a product of a long series with so many storylines finally reaching its zenith, but I can't help feeling some of the charm and magic has been slightly lost in this mad new pace.

Queenslayer
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Forty said:

I wasn't a fan of the pacing of season 7 at all. I understand their need to wrap things up, but I wish they could've gotten one more season to make the storylines more plausible and character travel times requiring less of a suspension of belief. The pacing of the first four seasons was brilliant, I thought. Such wrought tension drawn out over multi episode arcs. Season 7 was a series of blockbuster moments that, in my view, failed to create the same kind of tension I'd come to expect. It was intense and action packed, but had more popcorn stuffing oh-sh*t moments, and less cerebral, foreboding sort of drama. Maybe it's a product of a long series with so many storylines finally reaching its zenith, but I can't help feeling some of the charm and magic has been slightly lost in this mad new pace.

Some of the characters were made to look stupid in S7.  They (Jon, Dany) expect Cersei to help the North and the Targaryens fight the Wights just like that, no questions asked.  Tyrion wasn't taken to task about what was said in that 1-2-1 meeting.  Cersei over 6 seasons stamped on anyone who's wasn't of her own household now she's going to play nice?  Please.

Dany has been encouraged to not attack King's Landing because many innocents will die.  Let's talk about the King's Landing innocents for a moment.  The Lannisters sacked the city many years before which ended with the murder of 2 royal children and the murder and rape of the heir's wife.  They didn't seem to mind when a Lannister married the new king or the ever increasing Lannister influence.  Fast forward many years later they cheer the public execution of a Northern lord, Ned Stark.  A few years after that they witness the destruction of the Sept of Baelor and with it the death of the religious zealots and many major noble figures including THE QUEEN, who only a short while ago helped feed the poor and hungry.  Cersei was mysteriously absent from her scheduled trial.  Many innocents died that day and they didn't care.  They then cheer the arrival of Euron Greyjoy whenever it is well established that no-one likes or respects the Greyjoys.

The KL innocents are fickle.  Dany's forces could storm the city and kill many innocents and they'll just be like ''meh whatever'' and forget about it the next day.  Cersei was right when she said the people being reanimated as wights would "be an improvement".  As the Hound once said, f*ck the city.

Edited by Queenslayer

Darth Yokel

OuSeWTl.jpg