If GTA Was Censored....

BabeRuth

sonnyBlack

Not even there. The exact line was "Go on, get out of here! Drive!"

That's what the subtitles say. Listen to the audio itself. You'll hear the word 'f*ck' clearly.

I never understood why they let some words from the audio out of the subtitles. And this was in GTA:III, GTA VC, GTA SA, GTA LCS and GTA VCS.

I'm not hearing it either and I listened to it over and over. The audio just says 'Go on, get out of here! Drive!' and there's nothing remotely sounding like the word 'f*ck' between any of those words. I know there's other instances in the games where the subtitles and the audio don't match, but this just isn't one of those cases.

If GTA (All The GTA's including the GTA's for PSP & DS) were Censored would you still play them.?

It would be tough for me.

yeah! I want a 12 or 15 rated GTA

never played GTA IV(4) so never herd the word "C@nt"

but i've played SA & in what scene did CJ or another person said the word "C@nt".?

Skip to around 4:30.

oh ya! that mission was kinda funny though Mackers is annoying & disguesting When he "Beats his meat" if you know whast i mean.

Flesh-n-Bone
@Miamivicecity

never played GTA IV(4) so never herd the word "C@nt"

but i've played SA & in what scene did CJ or another person said the word "C@nt".?

I've only heard Kent Paul say it once during "Don Peyote". It went something like "Come on you soppy cúnt".

Blood being taken out would defeat the game's purpose and force me to look for another option and stick to the old GTAs, swearing wouldn't matter much but it would make the game too toned down cause GTA is showing the crime world where you hear swearing every third sentence. That is how crime life is, you wont hear anyone say "screw this" but you're likely to hear "f*ck this" very often. Quite frankly, swear words are just words, some idiots just give them too much power when substitutes with the same meaning exist but don't offend anyone for some reason. (If I say "sh*t" even this forum censors it, but "poop" is 'clean' all of a sudden)

@Flesh-N-Bone

ya I know i just had a brain loss thats all. tounge.gif

Mokrie Dela

If GTA (All The GTA's including the GTA's for PSP & DS) were Censored would you still play them.?

I am MASSIVELY opposed to censoring full stop.

Don't get me f*cking wrong. I don't f*cking like pointless f*cking swearing for no f*cking reason. Swearing in games and films etc has a place. Censorship shouldn't exist.

so, no.

FYI, i f*cking love the word c*nt. "C*nt's a f*cking lovely word" (quote is from a song, but i dont know the artist or title.)

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Don't get me f*cking wrong. I don't f*cking like pointless f*cking swearing for no f*cking reason. Swearing in games and films etc has a place. Censorship shouldn't exist.

so, no.

FYI, i f*cking love the word c*nt. "C*nt's a f*cking lovely word" (quote is from a song, but i dont know the artist or title.)

so you you love the word or meaning.?

Mokrie Dela

so, no.

Both.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

so, no.

Both.

okay then.....

• 2 weeks later...
King Mystery

Censored what? Swearing or blood or nudity (although the games don't really have too much of that...)? Or all of the above?

Honestly, I think the violence/gore and maturity of it all is what really makes me like the game, so I'd assume that it wouldn't be as appealing without all those features. Grand Theft Auto just isn't Grand Theft Auto unless it has a sh*t load of blood and swearing.

What can I say? It's hard to resist jacking a police car then running over a couple hookers with the siren on.

Edited by King Mystery

Censored what? Swearing or blood or nudity (although the games don't really have too much of that...)? Or all of the above?

Honestly, I think the violence/gore and maturity of it all is what really makes me like the game, so I'd assume that it wouldn't be as appealing without all those features. Grand Theft Auto just isn't Grand Theft Auto unless it has a sh*t load of blood and swearing.

What can I say? It's hard to resist jacking a police car then running over a couple hookers with the siren on.

haha ya thats preety fun to do run them over.

but about the sexuality part in SA when CJ & the Hooker "Get It On" in the car they don't really have sex they just sit in the seat both of them your only hear them making noises.

• 2 weeks later...

NAH! Never.. GTA is action racing and there is no fun without the characters screaming swear while brush firing.. biggrin.gif Its the whole package that matters!! smile.gif

Sunrise Driver

I would play it cause I play GTA not because of shooting, bombing, swearing, blood, sex. Maybe it's fun sometimes but it's not something I would miss about.

You mean, no sex, no guns, no violence, then that wouldn't be GTA!

GTA = Grand Theft Auto, not Grand F**king Killing. So yes it still would be GTA.

Arsen Vitiuk
GTA = Grand Theft Auto, not Grand F**king Killing. So yes it still would be GTA.

Don't try to judge the book by its cover... Really.

Would I still play it if R* decided to tone the voilence down? That's what I understood from the OP. Not that it would happen, but hypothetically speaking no I wouldn't. It'd depend on how much they censored it though, if you couldn't kill people and the violence etc had to be toned down then it wouldn't even really be GTA. So if they just had a racing game called GTA I guess I'd have to play the other sandbox games.

Would I still play it if R* decided to tone the voilence down? That's what I understood from the OP. Not that it would happen, but hypothetically speaking no I wouldn't. It'd depend on how much they censored it though, if you couldn't kill people and the violence etc had to be toned down then it wouldn't even really be GTA. So if they just had a racing game called GTA I guess I'd have to play the other sandbox games.

that would be kinda boring though dude.

Sunrise Driver

Don't try to judge the book by its cover... Really.

But the whole book is the same as the cover.

Which is why I said I wouldn't buy it. And this was hypothetical, if they censored it. Remember? It's not my idea for the new GTA, seriously I don't know what you think I meant by the post.

Which is why I said I wouldn't buy it. And this was hypothetical, if they censored it. Remember? It's not my idea for the new GTA, seriously I don't know what you think I meant by the post.

when you said "GTA Racing game" I thought thats what you ment a GTA racing game would be boring.

when you said "GTA Racing game" I thought thats what you ment a GTA racing game would be boring.

What? My point was if they censored GTA, it would take out pretty much everything apart from the driving. So in effect we would be left with a racing game, which yes would obviously be boring. Which is why I didn't understnd your "but dude that would be kinda boring". Yes I know it would be boring, that's why I said it. You're statement suggested that I was saying how awesome a GTA game censored to the point of being a racing game would be. Which is completely what I was not saying, see why I'm confsued by your statement?

@GTA-Stu okay I understand what your saying now man smile.gif.