Cannot install patch 1.0.4.0

deleted_account8438

deleted_account8438

Ok problem is:

I Had GTA IV 1.0.4.0 Running fine, absolutley lovely, i decided i wanted the original textures back and so i went to where my backups where, some reason the account they where on had become corrupt angry.gif and so i thought Thank god for Steam file check, asked it to redownload missing files and it repatched to 1.0.7.0 and after many uninstalls and other things i still cannot get back to patch 1.0.4.0, as i stated i did get to 1.0.4.0 fine on steam but i carnt now plz help

or atleast can some one find the files the patcher changes and upload them thnx

OS is windows 7 and i have the latest Nvidia drivers

btw ive scanned my registry for errors i care alot about my pc lol

Edited by tomsteel1

Steam must have updated the files as per the latest patch since the last time you downloaded the game. So far, I haven't come across any way that helps you go back to older patches on the Steam version of the game. I'm afraid you're pretty much out of luck here unless you purchase a physical copy of the game.

deleted_account8438

Steam must have updated the files as per the latest patch since the last time you downloaded the game. So far, I haven't come across any way that helps you go back to older patches on the Steam version of the game. I'm afraid you're pretty much out of luck here unless you purchase a physical copy of the game.

sorry but plz read again it wast working up in till yesterday they havent released a patch, and i tyred putting my backup of 1.0.4.0 back into its place and it would crash, i dont think it is steam plus i make sure i dont run GTA IV thru steam and have updates disabled

edit: sorry it sounded mean i just meen i dont think it has updated and ive tried to make sure it hasnt

edit 2: if u have the patcher maybe u can find out what files it changes, i know it reads them out if u hit more details

plus if we find out what files they are evryone can have them (hopefully not for piracy doesnt change that many things thou to be able to pirate the game)

Edited by tomsteel1

I don't personally own the Steam version, but from what I've read, the version provided by Steam is 1.0.7.0. And as such, it is not possible to rollback to an older patch. Even if you find out which files are updated, replacing updated files with older ones will cause instability.

deleted_account8438
I don't personally own the Steam version, but from what I've read, the version provided by Steam is 1.0.7.0. And as such, it is not possible to rollback to an older patch. Even if you find out which files are updated, replacing updated files with older ones will cause instability.

i wonder how i got back to patch 1.0.4.0 then????

hmmmm........ i didnt pirate (that sh*ts insane!)

i mite borrow my friends GTA IV disc and just use my steam activation so i can then see which files are differnet

dont wanna pirate though as ive said

It's probable you had the 1.0.4.0 version installed back then and had automatic updates disabled, until yesterday that is.

deleted_account8438

OK GUYS I THINK I MAY BE ABLE TO SAVE EVERYONE WHO HAS THE STEAM VERSION

some reason i had a program which let me downgrade my GTA to 1.0.4.0 fot intel boards x31000 which where crap

and i got to choose the dir and i found out the game was now 1.0.4.0 all i think i will have to do is change some files and keep testing to find out which ones not to change i will link the program for anyone (virus free)

it has a file called 1911.dll but i dont know what it is so its gone

time to find out what files work (btw my game was stable when i was running 1.0.4.0)

i do remeber this program i think its the one

Oh and i got GTA IV as it was Patch 1.0.7.0 i only got it like 1 month ago

Edited by tomsteel1

If the archive contains any cracks (like the 1911.dll suggests) I urge you not to post any links as doing so would be against forum rules.

deleted_account8438

If the archive contains any cracks (like the 1911.dll suggests) I urge you not to post any links as doing so would be against forum rules.

ok btw whats a crack do?

edit: found out dirty dirty pirates

Edited by tomsteel1

deleted_account8438

Woohoo made it back to patch 1.0.4.0 on steam WIN i haz backed up my folder

now time for some deadmau5 (best artist too listen to it GTA IV Check him out!)