Which Rockstar game has the best fist fighting?

HipHopHeadSeb

Which R* fighting system do you like best?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Which R* fighting system do you like best?

• GTA IV
    • Manhunt
    • The Warriors
    • GTA III Era
    • Red Dead Redemption
    • Bully
    • LA Noire

HipHopHeadSeb

im curious what you people think..

for me its easily the warriors, that game had such a faster, more brutal and responsive fighting system while still managing to stay realistic. it had plenty of moves and you could tackle running away targets.

i think the worst fighting system is undoubtedly red dead. not only is the fighting horrible on that game but fights never end, and i swear you cant KO people on red dead.

do you think GTA should incorporate a better fighting system or 1 from a previous game? personally i think the fighting system on GTA needs to be a hole lot better, and id love to see it be more like the warriors. or even just like the warriors.

i especially hate the way on GTA IV, you cant kick someone on the ground well at all, not only do you have to be in just the right position, you cant even do it quickly, and 1 kick or stomp will make it so your no longer in the correct position. i also hate the way you cant tackle running away people on GTA. thats such an obvious feature that clearly should be on GTA. and i also hate the fact that fist fighting on GTA IV is so slow, limited and sometimes inaccurate.

so my list would go like this.

1. The Warriors

2. Bully

3. LA Noire

4. GTA IV

5. Manhunt

6. GTA III Era

7. Red Dead Redemption

post opinions!

and if you havent played the warriors, PLAY IT NOW! AMAZING GAME! 1 OF THE BEST! in my opinion, its better then GTA.

Edited by HipHopHeadSeb

The Warriors. For alot of reason's, 1 being like you said, tackling people. Another reason is the ability to throw people around, and also the ability to use surfaces and object's in the street dynamically. Add the fact that the animations and response times are amazing, and theres a strong variety of moves. It's just a shame characters on The Warriors had seperate individual power moves. I would have preferred all the moves being shared out equally to every character for more variation. Come to think of it, it's hard to justify choosing anything but The Warriors on this poll.

Edited by tenfold

LuisBellic

I'd say GTA IV. I've played RDR and Manhunt and both have pretty bad fighting systems. I've never played Warriors.

WF the Hobgoblin

Easily The Warriors. I still like to play it whenever I feel like a good brawl. I would like them to use a similar system in V.

RDR's hand to hand fighting was awful.

Edited by WF the Hobgoblin

HipHopHeadSeb

I've never played Warriors.

WHAT!!!!!

u need to play that sh*t asap!!!

EDIT : its literally my favorite game, the stuff you can do on it, in my view its better then any GTA game.. on the warriors u can mug people, rob stores, buy drugs, get ripped off by drug dealers, have proper fights, vandalize anything including cars and sh*t, have literal riots, steal car stereos, graffiti, give orders to the warriors your with, and it has dynamic surfaces, like windows or poles, and the ground... you can even throw people through windows. the gameplay was perfect and even the foot chases were action packed and exciting. plus you could use pretty much anything as a weapon. from knives to bats, bits of glass, pipes and bits of wood, snooker cues etc. and evrything was breakable aswell, chairs, tables, garbage bags. could all be broken turned into weapons.

however the warriors maps are all seperated, the roads are bloakced off. i really would have loved it if you could steal and drive cars, or if you could take the train to different gang turfs on free roam.

Infact, im gonna make a statement, any1 who chooses anything but the warriors on this pole has never played it lol.

WF the Hobgoblin - yes i agree, the fighting on RDR was disgraceful, bar fights are 1 of the most famous and commonly thought of scenes when it comes to wild westerns aswell, im so suprised and dissapointed that they didnt include a proper fighting system. imagine a proper wild western styled bar fight on red dead. chairs and bottles flying around, people gettin pushed into tables and the tables breaking, people gettin flung to the ground and every1 punchin each other.....

but insted we got pathetic fist fighting on that game -_-

Edited by HipHopHeadSeb

InversionOff

1. the warriors

2. gta iv

3. manhunt

4. gta 3 era

5. red dead redemption

HipHopHeadSeb

whoever chose red dead, u recon you could post your opinion and why you think red dead has the best fighting system?

vertical limit

Gta 3

Spesifically San Andreas

You could learn types of fighting.

Harwood Butch3r

Why isn't Bully included? I agree RDR's fighting was quite bad. I guess cowboys fight better with their revolvers, and repeaters instead of their fists it seems. lol.gif

From what I can remember of The Warriors the fighting was exceptional even for its time.

yeah, where is Bully? that probably has the best (that I've played)

RDR hand fighting system was just too loose, didn't connect well enough.

GTA4 for me

HipHopHeadSeb

damn i forgot about bully, thats annoying...

after LA Noire comes out, ill ask a mod if they wouldn't mind adding bully and la noire at the same time....

i always forget sh*t :'(

so any1 who wants 2 vote bully, hopefully ull beable 2 soon

cheers ryan icon14.gif

Edited by HipHopHeadSeb

HipHopHeadSeb
Gta 3

Spesifically San Andreas

You could learn types of fighting.

ye that was pretty cool, it was sh*t the way you forgot a fighting style after learning a new one though.

if i remember correctly thats what happened anyway

• 1 month later...
WhistleBlower

What the f*ck? I mean, what the f*ck, man? This poll is seriously flawed. I haven't played The Warriors yet, but I know that game, as well as Bully, should have the most votes. Just because they're not as popular doesn't change the fact that the gameplay revolved around fighting. What the f*ck? And why does GTA IV have so many votes when so many people are complaining about the fighting in that game in another thread? Hell must have frozen over!!!

Edited by WhistleBlower

HipHopHeadSeb
What the f*ck? And why does GTA IV have so many votes when so many people are complaining about the fighting in that game in another thread? Hell must have frozen over!!!

different people voted i guess

i actually forgot bully and LA Noire, but they got added not long after

I'm surprised people don't believe Bully's fighting is the best. Bully had amazing fighting techniques, you were able to learn the various combinations and counters. While in LA Noire and IV all you do is press A and X (Xbox), Bully allowed you to counter opponents at any time. An AMAZING amount of combos. When someone picked you up you could just counter them as smash their face to the floor. Bully certainly has the best fist fighting.

It's probably the Warriors. I have had a quick go on It once but I have never owned It; I need to get It badly.

silentsharklol

Who voted for manhunt? The ManHunt games have got the worst fighting system out of any of the games on the list. And the Warriors has the best one.

user posted image

Kwandilibro

Definitely not any GTA. I saw a video of The Warriors combat, and it was... quite possibly the best hand to hand combat I've ever seen.

HipHopHeadSeb
Definitely not any GTA. I saw a video of The Warriors combat, and it was... quite possibly the best hand to hand combat I've ever seen.

i agree, it is my favorite hand to hand combat ever.

WHAT!!!!!

Infact, im gonna make a statement, any1 who chooses anything but the warriors on this pole has never played it lol.

I just played The Warriors at my friends house. I like the fighting system but I still like a good fight with a taxi driver in GTA IV.

HipHopHeadSeb

WHAT!!!!!

I just played The Warriors at my friends house. I like the fighting system but I still like a good fight with a taxi driver in GTA IV.

ye, its sad u dont get to drive cars and stuff on the warriors sad.gif that would be amazing....

but then agen, u dont get to vandalize streets, mug pedestrians, raid shops or have good fights on GTA... so yeah lol each game has its own flaw, and to be honest cars arent needed on the warriors, what with the train being the main method of transport.

however more options of crime is DEFINATELY needed on GTA, it gets very boring only being able to drive around and shoot people on GTA. its silly they havent included features from older games such as mugging people, raiding shops, robbing houses, vandalizing streets, graffiti, ETC ETC ETC.

but ye, back on topic, this thread is about fighting.

Edited by HipHopHeadSeb

vertical limit

I remember in VCS you could grapple someone and punch them.

HipHopHeadSeb
I remember in VCS you could grapple someone and punch them.

i never played vice city stories.. its good that they added grappling into GTA..........

completely retarded they removed it when GTA IV was made though. confused.gif

grappling is just 1 of many things needed to improve the combat on GTA though.