I FINALLY DID IT!

GTAOCD

Remember (probably not) when I posted a topic about the Taxi Missions?

Well, finally, just yesterday, I completed ALL 100 Taxi Fares without damaging the Taxi AT ALL! Took me about three months and about 100 reloads to do it, but I did.

Now THAT'S being obsessive compulsive, lol. I'm now trying the 'Paramedic' and 'Firefighter' missions with no damage, though both of which I've done before on a previous old save game.

sonnyBlack
What's the point in not damaging it?

The satisfaction in completing a personal challenge.

OT:

Trying to complete something like this would have driven me insane after the first couple reloads, so congrats on being able to stick to your goal and completing it!

Arsen Vitiuk

You're insistent and persistent. Congratulations!

Many would say your challenge is useless and pointless but it was the challenge you gave yourself and accomplished. Good work! You certainly deserve a cookie.gif

UserCommenter

Believe it or not I did that on GTAIII just the other day first try when I was working towards 100%. I would tell you good job, but if it really took you 3 months idk what to say. lol GTAIII was easy for R3 missions.

GTA_Playa21

hey thread starter I read in one forum that the taxi driver missions can be completed even though you didn't have 100 consecutive fares which means you failed say at 50 then tried it again up to 100, is this true? or i order to complete the mission you need to have 100 CONSECUTIVE fares?

Man, you're sick. biggrin.gif

W3WQuU9.jpg

All the kids that surrounded me had superheroes - superman, spiderman etc. Paul was my superhero.

Damn you, Carrera GT.

Um... Congratulations? biggrin.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
hey thread starter I read in one forum that the taxi driver missions can be completed even though you didn't have 100 consecutive fares which means you failed say at 50 then tried it again up to 100, is this true? or i order to complete the mission you need to have 100 CONSECUTIVE fares?

Off-topic but NO: you don't have to do them in a row. Doing them in a row, however, will bring you a larger monetary reward.

GTA_Playa21

Off-topic but NO: you don't have to do them in a row. Doing them in a row, however, will bring you a larger monetary reward.

what's the reward by doing them in a row? say i already have 40 and all I need are 60 more so that means i can't get the larger reward? thanks

Nukey Shay

You get an "xx in a row!" bonus for each multiple of 5 fares done consecutively...and the bonus increases by a set amount. So without ending the mission, do the first 5 to discover the starting amount of the bonus and the next 5 to reveal the increment (I can't recall what it is...but it's pretty much a waste of time to worry about - since you can get cash much quicker on a number of other things).

And no, the "xx in a row!" bonus is not required for anything. It's just a cash bonus for keeping the mission running.

GTA_Playa21
You get an "xx in a row!" bonus for each multiple of 5 fares done consecutively...and the bonus increases by a set amount. So without ending the mission, do the first 5 to discover the starting amount of the bonus and the next 5 to reveal the increment (I can't recall what it is...but it's pretty much a waste of time to worry about - since you can get cash much quicker on a number of other things).

And no, the "xx in a row!" bonus is not required for anything. It's just a cash bonus for keeping the mission running.

thanks for the info

• 1 month later...

All achievements are pointless, really...whether it's doing something in a video game or sinking a basket from mid-court blindfolded and facing backwards. To state that one has no life for doing so implies that you have no achievements of your own to speak of wink.gif

BTW the bonus begins at $125 for 5 in a row and increases by $125 each time...ending with $2,500 for 100 in a row. So the total is $26,250 in bonus money (not including fares or speed bonuses)...although you could keep the mission going indefinately after the Bickle has already been awarded (just as before, the bonus amount continues to increase by $125 for each multiple of 5 done in a row). It would be very slow, but you could theoretically max out the cash meter eventually just doing a single taxi mission. The challenge does not increase in difficulty.

Edited by Nukey Shay

Congratulations, I did 30 Vigilante missions in a cruiser in VC without ANY damage, I didn't quit, I got bored after 10 areadly...

Edited by lol232

• 3 months later...
You got no life congratulations

Why don't you take your head out of your ass and be nice

Did you have to bump a five month old topic just to post that?

Don't do it again.