Mission : Departure Time

eHeadache

again another mission im going for the 100% on and struggling on the time,

10:00 minutes is the par, I can do the funland bit quite quick, and get on the plane and do the business usually with about 2 minutes plus to spare to land the chute, and get to tony....

does anyone have any advice to speed it up, i tried cutting the shoot and hitting the water, i tried flying in on the shoot and i keep missing the time.

does anyone have any advice on how best to get this under ten?

as always very much appreciated!

:-D

maybe quickly land on Faustin's mansion and take the Turismo car parked besides the house?

His mansion is here, in case you don't know:

http://snapmap.wikigta.org/

CryptReaperDorian

This is one of the two or three missions I never got 100% on yet. I believe I took Faustin's Turismo, but I still never passed the time. Also, what's the best gun to use at the carnival? I just use the Explosive Shotgun (AA-12 with Frag-12 rounds). I think it would be best if I used the Assault Carbine (M4).

GTA Phreak

I don't think you can save any time by using a car, the reason is that your chute is immediately deployed automatically. So you either have to spin the chute down (wastes a lot of time) or cut loose and swim and run to the car (which also wastes time, and the water nearest to the mansion is shallow and landing close will likely kill you).

So IMHO just using the chute is the fastest.

There's a lot of time to be saved at the fairground though, - the only guy you absolutely have to kill is Timur, the others can be ignored. Personally I only kill Timur and the 2 by the van and later use the van to plow my way to the last statues.

Some time can also be saved on the bike by clever routing, some of the trip is however scripted and will auto-brake your bike if you get ahead of the script.

AFAIR my best time is ~7:30 (gliding to the park with the chute)

AA-12 with expl. rounds and auto-aim is probably the fastest weapon to use.

CryptReaperDorian

Okay, I just got 100% on the last three missions that I didn't previously have 100% on ("Dropping In", "Going Deep", and "Departure Time"). I used the .44 Pistol in most situations, the Explosive Shotgun for longer ranges where the .44 Pistol couldn't reach, Sticky Bombs (in "Going Deep" I threw some where the vehicles first pull up), and the RPG for other vehicles in "Going Deep".

Captain_Obvis456

First I'd only use this video

for how to get drive to the marker on the bike. Those can shave a few seconds off if you're using another route.

Next, I use the explosive shotgun for all but very long shots. Then I use the AK or whatever rifle you have. I don't take any cover at all, I just run through the gun fights killing whoever I can. As long as you don't die, and there's health and armor on the ground in the fair.

When I get to the airport, if you already don't, hit the corner in front of the airplane and let it come to you.

And the fastest way to the ground is just floating in the chute. Just make sure to hold back most of the way, until the end, and then lean forward at the end. The trip takes between 2 and 2:30 to land. That's the fastest way cause I tried all different ways.

Is that the last thing you have to do for gold?

CryptReaperDorian

I took the Turismo by Faustin's mansion. You can reach the ground quicker if you spiral around (holding L2/LT or R2/RT while moving the left analog stick the same direction).

XTREME0235
the reason is that your chute is immediately deployed automatically.

The chute will deploy automatically if you skip the cut scene where the plane blows up.

If you watch the cut scene all the way through to the end, you get to choose when you deploy your parachute.

GTA Phreak

Ahh, - can't believe that I missed that. blush.gif

Freefalling to the Turismo will of course save some time.

The chute will deploy automatically if you skip the cut scene where the plane blows up.

If you watch the cut scene all the way through to the end, you get to choose when you deploy your parachute.

BOOM! thanks for that, done with 30 seconds to spare wow.gif)

CryptReaperDorian

BOOM! thanks for that, done with 30 seconds to spare wow.gif)

Awesome dude! As a seasoned GTA player, I have to say that getting 100% on all of the missions in TBOGT was possibly the largest challenge in the GTA series since GTA III.