What video card? what power supply?

Dalmin

hey!i need help about what i need to run GTA IV

i got:

CPU-Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz

CPU SPEED- 2.5GHz performance rated at: 3.75GHz

RAM- 3.0GB

OS- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 6001), 32-bit

VIDEO CARD- NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5300 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)

free disk space-264GB

power supply- 430w(thermaltake)

what do i need to change to be able to run GTA IV

and give me some names...wich video card to buy..

for budget,just tell me names around 100-150 or 200-250

i want to be able to run GTA IV smoothly

thanks for any answer biggrin.gif

oh and im pretty sure i got PCI express

ahah okay i knew already my cheap acer wasnt good for that but i want to knwo what parts to get,even if i buy a new comp,what part to buy with it(or include)

430 if you remove parts that i altready have

i got an hard drive and enough space on it

and a cd thing that read all CDs and burn so ...

but how do we buy alll these parts?we need a credit card to buy these pieces i guess...even my parents got none

anyway thanks tounge.gif

Edited by Dalmin

YankeesPwnMets

If your parents don't have a credit card.. yikes.

I guess the best thing would be to go to some retailer like Best Buy, WalMart, or Frys to buy it, even if they all rip you off to the point where it would be better to get nothing at all. (I saw a GTX 550 Ti at Best Buys for 185 bucks -.-)

lol yea but anyway we got no money...

i mean we dont have a cent to pay anything

soo i wasted 25$ on GTA IV that i will surely play in like 2 year only..

lol yea but anyway we got no money...

i mean we dont have a cent to pay anything

soo i wasted 25$ on GTA IV that i will surely play in like 2 year only..

dont upgrade to play pos gtaiv get gta san andreas $5 simcity 4+dlc $10 hell wolfenstien 2009 $15 etc there are a hell of alot of good pc games you can play. Oh dont forget the aoe series and original gta's(free)

i got SA but its boring and i got simcity 4 et all any game for free at wawa-mania....

tough its a france website

oh and i paid simcity 4,i wasnt knowing wawamania before

lol it would be nice that we could download a new PC for free....

oh and im sre its worth it cause new games will come out too

oh and try OSGRID(or secondlife if you want to play in a world where everything cost you more money than you win in one year)

i got SA but its boring and i got simcity 4 et all any game for free at wawa-mania....

tough its a france website

oh and i paid simcity 4,i wasnt knowing wawamania before

lol it would be nice that we could download a new PC for free....

ive been in your shoes if you can get credit dell does $110 a month pc game machines. again though gtaiv is way better performance wise on consoles.

this is what you can get for $110 a month there is 1 other cheaper model but basically 2gs your looking at $110 a month

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-area51/...~ck=mn#TechSpec

Edited by FF_sniper

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814150534

daamn ill never have it...look at the price

even if it was 50$ we couldnt buy it

and anyway no one here got a credit card

aaaaaaaaaaaaargh i want to play gta iv!!!

oh yea for AOE i get bored after a while same for civilization III and the first GTA's.....

im better to play SA....

Edited by Dalmin

110$ a month?

i win 0 a month and 20 at christmas...

it look nice!lol aliens tounge.gif

but isnt a compuuter that you build by yourself cheaper?

and my dad know alot in computer he repaired and builded many computers(alot...)

LOL thanks!!you made me wants to play AOE! ahah im re-installing it now tounge.gif(i got the CD)

Edited by Dalmin

110$ a month?

i win 0 a month and 20 at christmas...

it look nice!lol aliens tounge.gif

but isnt a compuuter that you build by yourself cheaper?

and my dad know alot in computer he repaired and builded many computers(alot...)

LOL thanks!!you made me wants to play AOE! ahah im re-installing it now tounge.gif(i got the CD)

people still say that but the thing is you need to buy each part plus shipping/handling for a i7 quad core and 1gb graphics card your looking at 800 minimum then you got to find compatible motherboard/ram/psu etc its equal or a little cheaper via dell plus if anything goes wrong its free service/parts for a year $50 for a extended 3yr warranty. If you want to play gta badly head to g4tv.com each day they are giveing out a free console if you win you can get gtaiv+dlc $30. As far as aoe your re fire up have you tried the monster truck? or moding the game? im currently playing company of heroes/ruse on my rig.

Building your own computer is cheaper than buying prebuilt.

It's not a must to buy a i7.

You can get replacements if anything goes wrong if you build the PC yourself as well.

You can get an entirely new PC for around $500 that will run IV at way better settings than consoles and outlast any console as well.

@OP, If you're sure you have PCI-E, get a HD5770 like this and you'll be able to play the game smoothly as long as you don't go crazy on the settings.

You don't need to upgrade the PSU with the 5770 either.

You don't need an entirely new PC, I really don't know why some people say such things.

Edited by Warlord.
FIOszpJ.gif

YankeesPwnMets

Building your own computer is cheaper than buying prebuilt.

It's not a must to buy a i7.

You can get replacements if anything goes wrong if you build the PC yourself as well.

You can get an entirely new PC for around $500 that will run IV at way better settings than consoles and outlast any console as well.

@OP, If you're sure you have PCI-E, get a HD5770 like this and you'll be able to play the game smoothly as long as you don't go crazy on the settings.

You don't need to upgrade the PSU with the 5770 either.

You don't need an entirely new PC, I really don't know why some people say such things.

Bottleneck.

The 5770 would be useless with that CPU. And in my opinion, Socket 775 is WAY overpriced. I still see some Core 2 Quads at over 300 bucks. It would be much better to scrap this and get a new system. A i7 is not needed, but a Core i3 2100 is the minimum if your gonna get a new PC these days.

you guys are talking about shopping downtown very very very few of us especially in canada have pc hardware stores in our backyard. The closet place for me is a 15min drive they just sell the basics no motherboards/graphics cards etc. i did a test and ordered from my closet pc full hardware seller (tigerdirect) took almost 2 months to get my item.

Bottleneck.

The 5770 would be useless with that CPU. And in my opinion, Socket 775 is WAY overpriced. I still see some Core 2 Quads at over 300 bucks. It would be much better to scrap this and get a new system. A i7 is not needed, but a Core i3 2100 is the minimum if your gonna get a new PC these days.

CPU SPEED- 2.5GHz performance rated at: 3.75GHz

He's overclocked the CPU, so the bottleneck won't be that bad. I run an E5200 3.0GHz, 5770 and 4GB of RAM and I manage to play it with decent settings.

FIOszpJ.gif

YankeesPwnMets

If he got the CPU speed from System Requirements Lab those tests always give a wrong speed.

@original poster:

Download this:

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

Open the file, select In Place FFT in the torture test window that pops up, click OK, and then download this:

http://download.cnet.com/CPU-Z/3000-2086_4-10050423.html

On the lower left, look for Clocks (Core #0) and find Core Speed. Post that number here.

The answer to your problems is a Prepaid visa card

You can get them at local stores or major retailers.

Add the amount you want and then use that to buy your stuffs online.

Edited by Stinky12