English

SecurityBreach

SecurityBreach

Is it just me or does 99% of the DYOM community have horrible English grammar and spelling? Sometimes it's so bad that I can barely read it, and it really lowers the authenticity of a mission. It's not that I think these people should not use DYOM, it's just that I think that they should at least learn 3rd grade English before making a mission.

It's not that I think these people should not use DYOM, it's just that I think that they should at least learn 3rd grade English before making a mission.

WTF, you say 99% does not use English correctly, and you want them to leave?? wow.gif

I am not that great in english either (I am terrible)

But when I make missions I try to use google translator, and it worked perfectly for my missions..... icon14.gif

But still, I think all missions should be english, correctly or not, I dont care...

I hate it to see that 30% of all missions are not english....

99% ? That's aiming a little high isn't it? I do agree with you though, missions in another language are pointless as the vast majority of people will not know what the hell they are. I dislike bad english as well, but you can't just 'learn' a new language...

You registered to GTAForums just to say that?

Welcome to the internet! You see, internet is available everywhere in the world. People who spell everything wrong are either noobs, can't speak proper English or are simply lazy.

Edited by mati1501

Yeah, it's right!

This is one main reason of the lack of good DYOM missions, bad dialogues and alot of other reasons ruin and degrade the mission. The most mission topics here are locked! If you want to do something at least do it right!

Edited by BnB

I think that this is a totally useless topic.We should warn the users about their English in topics about missions,this one is just waste of time.

People who spell everything wrong are either noobs, can't speak proper English or are simply lazy.

Hmmm, I am wondering wich I am: a noob, lazy, or I can't speak proper english.... tounge.giftounge.gif

Doublepulse

Lol for some people in this forum who do not know very good english, they are pretty damn good at it. English is my primary language with Japanese and Mandarin being Secondary. tounge.gif

There is a difference from speaking very good english and having hell of typing errors. Mati pointed it out correctly: It is the INTERNET.

Half of the people who type on the internet do not use all of the important punctuation, instead we look for shortcuts on phrases. Lol I personally do not care. I write really different on forums, than I do for writing an Essay for my class.

shortcuts on phrases. Lol

This somehow made me laugh out loud biggrin.gif

But yeah, I agree with everyone.

I write really different on forums, than I do for writing an Essay for my class.

Also, I use a translator more often in missions then here at the forums, that is why people think my mission is not correctly writen, but most of the time, it is....

wat?am me wroting bad on forums?

Lol, no, I am the one who mostly write wrong on the forums, but not in my missions!

Drift-Kingz
f*ck you

Author of this topic.

Why are you so mad? Huh? monocle.gif

Anyways... I agree with the OP here. These people need to sharpen up on their English and grammar skills. Otherwise, their missions, and posts will look more crappier. I can't interpret things people say on this subforum sometimes, and it's just starting to annoy.

To the TC:

If you can't read it, just don't download it. That's exactly.

I can't interpret things people say on this subforum sometimes, and it's just starting to annoy.

Well, sometimes that is really difficult for people like us to speak well writen english, besides, there will always be newbies around here who can't speak english very well (Or is it''can't speak english very good''??? tounge.gif )