The Getaway

Manco Joe

Manco Joe

As it stands this is for the Xbox 360 and is within the GMT timezone although all who want to play are welcome.

Basically me and a friend were screwing around in Free Mode (GTA IV) when like most people on Free Mode had a war with the LCPD. However unlike most who chance survival we lasted HOURS driving all around Liberty City in varying vehicles until our certain doom.

What makes this so different to everyone else screwing around to everyone else's wars on the cops?

Well we devised a kind of system in which, if worked properly can create an immensely fun and challenging game type.

Liberty City General Bank has just been robbed and the culprits have escaped in numerous vehicles followed by the police. A military helicopter has been seen circling above the fleeing vehicles.

Narrative aside the aim of the game is to be extracted via helicopter or die in an epic stand-off against the police.

In short you collect your players (an even number is better) (the more the merrier requires more GOOD helicopter pilots)

I'm unsure how many people you can get into the helicopter having only played with four people at one time.

Requirements:

AS MUCH AMMO AS POSSIBLE in all the strongest weapons. Time will be allocated to gather weapons and ammo.

Split the squad into pairs each pair to have a designated driver of superior standard to the partner.

Get a vehicle, there are two survivable ways:

1.Get a fast sports car- e.g. Banshee's are brilliant for this (the Infernus isn't) The Blista Compact is also a strong recommendation.

2. Pile everybody into one of the buses found in Times Square. Great troop transporters although missiles cannot be thrown from the windows. Very susceptible to damage- not a great consistent battering ram but average when used occasionally. IT IS ADVISED TO COMMANDEER A SWAT VAN AT THE CORRECT OPPORTUNITY- DO NOT ATTEMPT UNDER FIRE.

The entire operation could work with any number of players although 4 is the minimum for it to work effectively.

Assign a helicopter crew (or several the aim to is to extract everyone) as in- the best pilot and someone to sit in the gull doors with an assault rifle

When all separated about the helicopter crew(s) will take flight and keep to an area not to far from each crew so as to lend fire support if a vehicle crashes or is in need of dire assistance. (It will make the game much easier if the helicopters do not have a wanted level until they make the extraction.)

To begin simply build your wanted level up and away you go.

Feedback is appreciated and this isn't a v.serious game type its a good laugh though.

Feel free to message me via the forums at The Chicago Piano or via XBL: Count Crow

Doc Rikowski
Feedback is appreciated and this isn't a v.serious game type its a good laugh though.

Feel free to message me via the forums at The Chicago Piano or via XBL: Count Crow

My advise would be to ask for feedback in the topic rather than via private messages or XBL. The public feedback and discussion would help in getting people interested in this event and help you scheduling sessions in which all the people interested could join. icon14.gif

Doc Rikowski
Where is the feedback section?

There isn't one. Use this topic for feedback and to run/schedule the event.