Some questions

Ashwin.Star

Ashwin.Star

do yo know ?

Q1: How to move the radar to any other position on screen,

Q2: How to disable & enable the radar with using Write memory address opcode, like Hud on/off

Q3: How to remove or rotate any particular texture that we have created on screen,

Q4: is there any way by which we can show or write strings instead of integer or float in text opcodes,

Q5: how to convert string into integers, or to set any other word or button to any cheat code like 'bigbang' to 'booom' or something,

Q6: which memory i have to read to get on which gear current car is running,

Q7: how can i open doors & bonnet of a car using scripting i believe it need some memory stuff,

we already have an opcode for opening Trunk

Q8: how to get nearest vehicle to the player or an actor,

Q9:

please help me & don't just view please reply me also weather you know it or not,

give the answers only for vice city,

Edited by Ashwin the new boy

fastman92

Q1:

Radar Main, X / Font Y size on texts

0x00858A10 [float]

Default value is 40.0 This adress is used for size of drawn texts and radar together. To modify radar position only you must modify ASM code of radar function which points to this adress.

Radar Main, Y

0x866B70 [float]

Q2:

No need, use

0581: enable_radar 0

Q3:

GTA SA has a queue of drawn textures. They are already added to list.

Reset this queue or list:

03F0: enable_text_draw 1

Draw elements again, to rotate some texture you must use this opcode

074B: draw_texture 20 position 428@ 429@ scale 430@ 431@ angle $TEMPVAR_ANGLE color_RGBA 220 220 220 404@

Scale is float, from 0.0 to 640.0, if you pass bigger value texture will be out of screen.

Q4:

String to integer requires to know how to use SCM function and where to find it. I wrote one:

:convDecStrtoInt{Description:     Converts string to integer and returns it into variable.Type: SETParameters:  Passed:   if only short string:     0@ - first part of string     1@ - second part of stringif long string:     3@ - thirth part of string        4@ - fourth part of string           Result:    10@ - converted string to integer   Example: short string: 0AB1: call_scm_func @convDecStrtoInt 2 short_string 0@ 1@ store_result 6@ long string:  0AB1: call_scm_func @convDecStrtoInt 4 long_string 0@ 1@ 2@ 3@ store_result 6@}0662: "By fastman92.tk"0AA7: call_function 0x69DB50 num_params 1 pop 1 get_string 0@v length_to 4@//Check for negative number of string0AC7: 5@ = var 0@ offset0A8D: 7@ = read_memory 5@ size 1 virtual_protect 0   if   7@ == 45   then   000A: 5@ += 1   0AD3: 0@v = format "%s" 5@   12@ = 1   end0085: 6@ = 4@ // (int)while 6@ > 0wait 00AC7: 5@ = var 0@ offset005A: 5@ += 4@ // (int)0062: 5@ -= 6@ // (int)0A8D: 7@ = read_memory 5@ size 1 virtual_protect 07@ -= 480085: 8@ = 6@ // (int)8@ -= 10AB1: call_scm_func @Pow_integer 2 base 10 exponent 8@ store_to 8@006A: 8@ *= 7@ // (int)005A: 10@ += 8@ // (int)6@ -= 1end   if   12@ == 1   then   10@ *= -1   end0AB2: ret 1 10@

Probably you wanted this opcode:

0ADC: test_cheat "BLOWUP"

It checks if user typed BLOWUP and returns true...

Q6: You can`t open opcode search in Sanny Builder? You know word gear, why don`t you search for an opcode?

0AB8: get_vehicle $CAR current_gear_to 11@

Q7: I have SCM function, but it will be too difficult to you

Q8:

0AB5: store_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR closest_vehicle_to 0@ closest_ped_to 1@

You won`t understand anything though...

Ashwin.Star

SORRY, BUT NONE OF THEM SEEM TO BE MY ANSWER,

actually i was asking those questions for gta vice city,

i know SA have those opcode but vice city don't have,

& what you think i don't know about scripting & its opcodes,

modding in VC is difficult than in SA,

because we SA have lots of opcodes but VC don't have,

ANYONE ELSE WHO KNOWS THE ANSWERS ??????????

Have you looked at gtamodding.com? I am sure I have put there memory address for current car gear, which I found in the documenting... thread.

Ashwin.Star

yes i found the answer of some question but on more question is that how to use those memory addresses

Well it is simple, you make a new cleo script, and you write there the cleo opcode for "write memory address" (use opcode search tool in SB). This opcode has a few parameters: address, size, value to enter. First two paramteres you can get from gtamodding, the third one is your choice, what value should the address have.

Ashwin.Star
Well it is simple, you make a new cleo script, and you write there the cleo opcode for "write memory address" (use opcode search tool in SB). This opcode has a few parameters: address, size, value to enter. First two paramteres you can get from gtamodding, the third one is your choice, what value should the address have.

05DF: write_memory 0xA10B2E size 1 value 0 virtual_protect 0

so,

0xA10B2E = memory address

1 = Size of memory

0 = value that i have to put

0 = i don't know about its work,

if i am right then please tell me,

if i want to use this

+0x354 - [float] - health

then

memory = +0x354 am i right

[float] = what to write here ?

value = 300

protect = 1,

then is it set my health to 300 ?

No, you need:

0x94AD28 - [pointer] - Player pointer+0x354 - [float] - health

0@ = 0x94AD280@ += 0x35405DF: write_memory 0@ size 4 value 300.0 virtual_protect 0

virtual_protect works like this: if your address is a 'read only' address use virtual_protect 1, otherwise 0

I see you want to use the player pointer. This is a more difficult thing, because you have to use the "player/actor struct" opcode.

Float is 4 bytes.

Ashwin.Star

No, you need:

0x94AD28 - [pointer] - Player pointer+0x354 - [float] - health

0@ = 0x94AD280@ += 0x35405DF: write_memory 0@ size 4 value 300.0 virtual_protect 0

virtual_protect works like this: if your address is a 'read only' address use virtual_protect 1, otherwise 0

it means we have to add that value to the above one,

ok!,

how we will get that this value is read only or not ????

----------------------------------------------------------------------

and how to use this >>>>

0x97881C

Index of mp3 playing [dword].

Ashwin.Star

I see you want to use the player pointer. This is a more difficult thing, because you have to use the "player/actor struct" opcode.

Float is 4 bytes.

float is 4 byte

what about>>>>

[string]

[dword]

[byte]

[pointer] ??????

& please tell me what is pointer ?

Ashwin.Star

HIII,

TRY to ANSWER MY OTHER QUESTION ALSO,

& ALSO TELL ME HOW TO USE FUNCTION MEMORY ADDRESSES,

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY HAVE WRITTEN,

LIKE THIS

---------

005D4E90

CWeaponEffects::Render ((void))

005D5710

CWeaponInfo::GetWeaponInfo (( eWeaponType ))

005D5750

CWeaponInfo::Initialise ((void))

005D5250

CWeaponInfo::LoadWeaponData ((void))

005D5730

CWeaponInfo::Shutdown ((void))

004DB3F0

CWorld::Add (( CEntity *))

004D6370

CWorld::FindObjectsKindaColliding (( CVector const &, float,bool,short *, short,CEntity **, bool,bool,bool,bool,bool ))

004D8B00

CWorld::ProcessVerticalLine (( CVector const &, float,CColPoint &, CEntity *&, bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,CStoredCollPoly *))

004DB310

CWorld::Remove (( CEntity *))

-----------

String, Dword are 4 bytes, byte is 1 byte. A pointer is a type specific data type, either pointer on string, int or float. But I won't go into more details here since it's irrelevant. Only thing important is:

0x94AD28 - [pointer] - Player pointer

You can access the Players properties through this address. By adding 0x358 e.g. you can access the players armour for example:

+0x358 - [float] - armor

Those are function addresses. Don't mess things up, we're talking about changing values through memory, not calling functions. Concentrate on one thing now, otherwise you'll mess it all up and end up with having nothing understood.

There is also a nice, shiny Edit button wink.gif plus, disable your Caps key

Edited by The_Siggi

Ashwin.Star

'\"Those are function addresses. Don't mes sthings up, we're talking about changing values through memory, not calling functions. Concentrate on one thing now, otherwise you'll mess it all up and end up with having nothing understood."

thanks memory is enough for me to make my mod more Unbelievable

"There is also a nice, shiny Edit button"

i know why are you saying so, & its a mistake i am sorry,

ok ok ok ok ok ok! happy.gif

happy now lol.giflol.giflol.gif