A possible hint about the size of GTAV

GR7

http://uk.kotaku.com/5798996/rockstar-made...e-disc-or-three

Apparently LA.noire is gonna be pretty big taking 3 dvd disks and a whole blu ray disk for the whole game. This might be a promising sign that Rockstar won't stick to the 8GB limitation and go all out for GTAV, although I do hope that Xbox users can install all the disks for LA.N on their hard drive because I can imagine how much it would suck having a fragmented game especially when its a sandbox.

winning duh

well i install everything man it doesnt matter the game wont play without the orginal disk unless its bought in the marketplace which takes a few months after the game comes out, i heard they might be switching over to full downloads soon

I hope GTA V takes up 4 or 5 disks. That'd be great!

shaqoncrack

Great news biggrin.gif ! lets just hope that they will do the same with GTAV.

allhailkingryan
I hope GTA V takes up 4 or 5 disks. That'd be great!

this.

cosmicboy

Good article icon14.gif , this is very appropriate for Gta NEXT.

Schismatist

Honestly, I don't want to see GTA5 having a map about 2 times the size of La Noire's map. I just want GTA5 to be a game with quite a few more missions than GTA4(If the city's going to be extremely huge, I'd like to see more random characters). Because we all know the main reason the game is on 3 discs is because of the large amount of audio, and I'm sure GTA5 will have roughly the same amount of lines as La Noire.

Long_Haired_Boy

Apparently LA.noire is gonna be pretty big taking 3 dvd disks and a whole blu ray disk for the whole game. This might be a promising sign that Rockstar won't stick to the 8GB limitation and go all out for GTAV, although I do hope that Xbox users can install all the disks for LA.N on their hard drive because I can imagine how much it would suck having a fragmented game especially when its a sandbox.

GTA 4 would of been bigger if it wasnt for Microsoft LIMITING THE DVD/Hard Drive Less and telling Rockstar that they will make more money for DLC instead of taking Sony approach and making something fans deserve. Why i may switch to PS3 after E3. Agent is going to be CRAZZY!!!

well i install everything man it doesnt matter the game wont play without the orginal disk unless its bought in the marketplace which takes a few months after the game comes out, i heard they might be switching over to full downloads soon

I'm ok with full game downloads just as long as it doesn't fully take over physical media since i'm not a big fan of digital distribution. I think I would just miss having cases and the useless game manuals to skim through while busting a number 2 lol.gif.

cosmicboy
I'm ok with full game downloads just as long as it doesn't fully take over physical media since i'm not a big fan of digital distribution. I think I would just miss having cases and the useless game manuals to skim through while busting a number 2 lol.gif.

x2

Reading the manual whilst on your way home,

or when you are first loading up the game .

Love it.

winning duh

well I mentioned before i read an article microsoft will do full digital downloads but you will also be able to go to the store get the case and booklet whatever promotion thing and the code will be inside to download it from the marketplace. If anyone has noticed they stopped production on the the xbox points and subscriptions cards at some stores and they just print the codes out on the receipts now. I'm for digital downloading games for future media better and faster and I like the idea of still buying the game instore with just the case manual and download code

Anton4291

You do realise that L.A. Noire is such a large file such simply due to the fact of the MotionScan technology. As the article says, it is mainly because of the MotionScan technology. GTA V will not have MotionScan as it does not need it. L.A. Noire does as you have to read suspects faces during interrogations.

HipHopHeadSeb

wow, promising news. i cant wait for LA Noire or the next GTA now

You do realise that L.A. Noire is such a large file such simply due to the fact of the MotionScan technology. As the article says, it is mainly because of the MotionScan technology. GTA V will not have MotionScan as it does not need it. L.A. Noire does as you have to read suspects faces during interrogations.

Yes I know but the sheer fact that they are putting out a multiple disk game is still interesting news. Hell whose to say rahkstar2.gif north won't need extra space themselves for new features they might have been cooking up for the next GTA

This is no problem on the PS3 which is good news since it's what i use. It also means this game could be huge and maybe an exclusive? Far fetched i know but it might be possible if Sony paid a bit of money and the fact it would suit R* better.

Anyway doesn't Xbox allow you to save games onto the HDD? This would just be utilised and when you first stick the discs it would tell you that you have to save the game to the HD to play. It would be a bit hard otherwise would it not? I'm sure they'll find a way to get it onto the xbox but it probably won't be ideal.

winning duh
This is no problem on the PS3 which is good news since it's what i use. It also means this game could be huge and maybe an exclusive? Far fetched i know but it might be possible if Sony paid a bit of money and the fact it would suit R* better.

Anyway doesn't Xbox allow you to save games onto the HDD? This would just be utilised and when you first stick the discs it would tell you that you have to save the game to the HD to play. It would be a bit hard otherwise would it not? I'm sure they'll find a way to get it onto the xbox but it probably won't be ideal.

it dont matter though man if its installed or not you still have to switch the disc when it tells you to, unless its bought from the marketplace which like i said becomes available after a few months most likely, but its not always the case because im still waiting for that castlevania lord of shadow game to become available on the marketplace

Sunrise Driver

GTA Next should be either released on next Xbox or not released at all on Xbox consoles. LA Noire already is a headache for developers. GTA Next will be worse. And Microsoft isn't gonna make a new console anytime soon.

GTA Next should be either released on next Xbox or not released at all on Xbox consoles. LA Noire already is a headache for developers. GTA Next will be worse. And Microsoft isn't gonna make a new console anytime soon.

L.A. Noire was originally planned to be PS3 exclusive but changed to be for both PS3 and 360, so clearly the benefit outweighed the headache.

DjMiikkii

If the DVD limitations mean the city has to be of a similar size that GTA IV is, then I don't care about having 4 DVD's. I'll still buy it, install it on my PC and play the crap out of it! If more disks means more content and a bigger city with more things to do, then go for it!

GTAknowledge

If they do wait for the next xbox console (assuming it is released around 2 years from now), then we won't see another GTA for at least 4 years from now. At the moment, the xbox 360 has sold over 52.7 million units. Now if GTA was to be released on the next generation console, Rockstar would have to wait years before enough people own the next console for them to get even close to GTA IV sales.

If they released it now, with so many people owning an xbox 360, they can expect to very easily break sales records from all previous GTA games and gain tremendous amounts of revenue from this game.

The next GTA already has an extra GB to work with that IV and RDR did not. Extra map size and more missions doesn't add much storage needs. Sounds, higher resolution textures, music... these are the things that take up the most space. Seeing that the consoles can't stream the higher resolution textures without lagging anyway, I don't see them getting much higher res. This is the exact reason that IV on PC takes 15GB, but the 360 version fits on a single 7.5GB usable space DVD. (8.5GB dual-layer DVD with 1GB reserved for anti-piracy stuff.)

I honestly believe the game has been developed in a way that you will be able to install disk 2 and 3 to the HDD and only need disk 1 to play.

Smallo' date='May 8 2011, 06:55'] I honestly believe the game has been developed in a way that you will be able to install disk 2 and 3 to the HDD and only need disk 1 to play.

Not everyone has the large HDD on their xbox though so I cant see them doing that.

I mean LAN is 25gig or something? So 4 gig Xboxes wont be able to store. I see your point though, and I think it would be ideal if everyone had the 250gig units.

x3FWE.png

Smallo' date='May 8 2011, 06:55'] I honestly believe the game has been developed in a way that you will be able to install disk 2 and 3 to the HDD and only need disk 1 to play.

But then how do they deal with the Microsoft imposed requirement that says even Core/Arcade machines without hard drives have to be able to play?

Smallo,May 8 2011, 06:55] I honestly believe the game has been developed in a way that you will be able to install disk 2 and 3 to the HDD and only need disk 1 to play.

But then how do they deal with the Microsoft imposed requirement that says even Core/Arcade machines without hard drives have to be able to play?

yes but it will still be playable off the discs for players without hardrives. I really didn't word it correctly in my first post tounge.gif I'm just trying to say that the option should be there.

wow:

One of Mafia II's drawbacks was the extremely long driving times often required by a map that spread mission points very far apart. L.A. Noire will be twice the size - eight square miles to Empire Bay's four - and will require 30 minutes to traverse by car.

Finn 7 five 11

GTA 4 would of been bigger if it wasnt for Microsoft LIMITING THE DVD/Hard Drive Less and telling Rockstar that they will make more money for DLC instead of taking Sony approach and making something fans deserve. Why i may switch to PS3 after E3. Agent is going to be CRAZZY!!!

THis has been said a thousand times, XBox discs do not limit the size of the game, the xbox will just use more than one disc.

FFS when will people learn?

The fragmented game shouldn't be too much of a problem, it will probably be story oriented (you get to a certain point in the story and you have to swap discs since the Mocap is the major contributor of disc space.

GTA V you are right doesn't need mocap (it would be a great addition since the animations suck), and it most likely won't have it, but i can see it coming to play in future titles, i think mocap will be implemented into many games, over time of course.

LCollusions

Even though, I don't want it to be limited, I still don't want it in multiple discs, it will be disruptive on my gameplay.

digital download only is bunk. what happens when your drive crashes? what about the millions of users who don't have their consoles online?

there's benefits to it, but they're mostly on the producers side - not the consumers.

i expect la noire to be a very big hint as to what the next GTA will look like - this is good news about scale =)