Next community project discussion thread.

Mati

Dear DYOMers, as some of you may know, many people start find creating missions boring. Not all, some are still creating great missions. To boost the DYOM activity, we should start another community project, similar to the Johnny Nixon Chronicles. Or we could try another project like BUYSAG. I opened the SAA, but my conclusion is that not many people find it interesting. So, discuss what community project we could possibly open to bring everyone back on track.

In my opinion, another complex game like BUYSAG or SAA would be a good idea but it is harder than you think to update everything each time (I think Secro knows what I'm talking about). It's a shame that such an amazing mod is dying just because of a lazy community. So, discuss.

Wrong section, this can be moved to the support if Patrick thinks its necessary.

Current ideas:

- Secro's secret complex project

- the Theme Contest (winner gets 100000 bucks from guib)

Edited by mati1501

In my opinion, another complex game like BUYSAG or SAA would be a good idea but it is harder than you think to update everything each time (I think Secro knows what I'm talking about). So, discuss.

The fact is that people first need to be alittle active and make missions, before there can be a update.....

I have a game idea... Might post it in the weekend. It'll be more complex than BUYSAG or SAA.

Maybe we need a break? Like 1 month...

Maybe we need a break? Like 1 month...

That is too long for me, in matter in fact (<<<how do you say that) I think I don't need a break at all!

I have a game idea... Might post it in the weekend. It'll be more complex than BUYSAG or SAA.

Nice. will you have time to update things?

Nice. will you have time to update things?

Yes. Summer vacations are in two months too, so that'll help things.

EDIT: But, I might get a work too. So...

Edited by Secro

A project like JNC is more like for me,because we did something like it only one time.We should try it again.With someone that has experience on DYOM and wont give up...

New contest would be nice

Awesome idea incoming:

A contest that has 5 rounds. Each round has a different theme, like zombies or war. If you earn 1st place in a round, you get 3 points, 2nd 2 points, 3rd 1 point or so, depends on how many people join. Designers have to make a mission about that theme. Thoughts?

Awesome idea incoming:

A contest that has 5 rounds. Each round has a different theme, like zombies or war. If you earn 1st place in a round, you get 3 points, 2nd 2 points, 3rd 1 point or so, depends on how many people join. Designers have to make a mission about that theme. Thoughts?

Hmm, I dont know, I mean, I can make missions for 4 or 5 rounds, but other people are too lazy to join the contest....

Awesome idea incoming:

Hmm, I dont know, I mean, I can make missions for 4 or 5 rounds, but other people are too lazy to join the contest....

The top 3 will earn a prize...

Awesome idea incoming:

Like what?, A 100000 dollars??? tounge.gif

Awesome idea incoming:

Like what?, A 100000 dollars??? tounge.gif

As long as you pay... tounge.gif

I don't think we really need a prize, maybe Dutchy and Patrick would add the winner to the Hall Of Fame for the ''Theme Contest''

EDIT: Main post updated.

Edited by mati1501

Kratos2000
Awesome idea incoming:

Another DYOM contest? it's not that, we need something more open.

Something that wouldn't "make" people to create missions, we need something that would allow them to join at any point, without the feeling of a competition.

BUYSAG was great, though it was impossible to rate every mission the users made for the game, it was slowly dying.

whatsthat.gif

What I'm trying to say is - we have the BUYSAG template, and we can build stuff on it. Make things easier for the one who made the thread.

When we will think of community project, we should merge the project with BUYSAG forum, because we need more people.

A project like JNC is more like for me,because we did something like it only one time.We should try it again.With someone that has experience on DYOM and wont give up...

As long as it's not TCJ who opens the topic, nothing can go wrong.

So, I think we should get the contest started icon14.gif

As long as it's not TCJ who opens the topic, nothing can go wrong.

So, I think we should get the contest started icon14.gif

Aah, crap, does that mean that i need to pay 100000 dollars..... tounge.gif

Seems like a good Ideo icon14.gif

Let's just get this thing started.

Post in this topic is you want to join the contest!

Doublepulse

Lol Guib, yea send your 100,000 dollars to my mail box at

12332 Doublepulse Street!

Sounds like a good idea, i will join when ever you make it.

if the contest about gangbanging

Ewww....

sure, you can join. There will be 5 themes, one of them is about gang wars.

Here is the theme list:

- Gangs

- War

- Zombie

- Mafia

- Parody

Soon, I'm waiting till more people join up. We have 4 now.

I think the best concept is made by SatournFan in his topic.

I think the best concept is made by SatournFan in his topic.

...what do you mean by it? Concept?