Claude's personality

Arsen Vitiuk

Arsen Vitiuk

We all know that Claude doesn't talk too much so we can't really find out who he is - a mystery that remains throughout the GTA San Andreas, GTA:III and GTA2. But who you think he REALLY is? Post your opinions.

I personally think of him as a man of his word (tounge.gif), a person who goes to the end and pushes it to the limit, who won't stand himself being pissed of, tricked or deceived.

Hitman843

Claude is a genius.He is mute and deaf but he can read lips alien.gif

I see him as an opportunist. A man without morals, someone who will do anything for anyone, no matter if he's screwing someone or stabbing someone in the back, as long as he gets paid. Personally I think what we've seen in the GTA2 live action movie fits the GTAIII Claude very well.

He's mute, deaf, blind, suffers from several mental disorders. He lacks sense of touch, smell and taste. However, he is able to move and behave normally because of his unbelievable good fortune. His uncle's aunt's mother is sister of an American hairdresser's Chinese aunt's second cousin, whose fourth cousin twice removed happens to be Woozie's third cousin's father.

Okay, I'm sorry about this. About Claude, huh? He appears to be a lifeless, no-name (his name wasn't revealed in GTA III) shell, but that may be due to muteness. If he wasn't mute, I think he'd be a cool and collected, serious man with sarcastic sense of humor, oftenly shown just before he'd kill someone.

Edited by MyDog

Claude Speed.
For the last f*cking time, nobody knows if he really is mute. There are other things that can cause a lack of speech.

Gone...but not quite.

GTAisAwesome2.0

I never thought he was mute. I never thought he couldn't speak. I saw him as just another silent protagonist like in RPG's. He seems calm at all times, and a pretty loyal worker, if not screwed over. he's a great mercenary because he doesn't talk back, or let his own personal reasons stop him from not doing a mission. Claude was lucky to get out of the situation with Catalina alive and free, but was able to focus on the tasks at hand to slowly exact his revenge. Oh, and he hates big mouth bitches who talk too damn much. He would have shot Catalina at the bank if she would have said something else...

• Like 1

For the last f*cking time, nobody knows if he really is mute. There are other things that can cause a lack of speech.

When someone has lack of speech, they're mute.

Arsen Vitiuk

No. They're just silent.

• Like 1

Claude Speed.

Maybe he doesn't want to speak. Ever thought of that? There is no proof that he is mute. Rockstar said that he is the 'strong silent type'. Here's what that means:

A man of action who is reserved and masks his feelings. For example, Paula always preferred the strong silent type to more extroverted men . Almost never used for a woman, this expression may be obsolescent.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/strong+silent+type

Not mute.

Gone...but not quite.

Maybe he cutted off his tongue when he was child or something biggrin.gif Is it really that important if he's mute or not?

Anyway in which situation would 'strong silence type' tell a word?

When someone closes their eyes, they're blind. orly.gif

bobgtafan

Claude's a desperate man trying to prove to himself he's not small time. He's a man who was hurt bad by Cat. and in my opinion still holds some sense of longing for her. At the end he gets the girl but probably kills her, or hates her at least. He kills his 9 year lover and still hasn't found another. He's rich but has nothing he wants. And he's betrayed the very people who helped him get where he is, or has been betrayed by them.

Claude Speed.
Play the game again and pay more attention.

Gone...but not quite.

Hi friends, I don't think Claude is mute! Rockstar said Claude is a man of few words, not "no words" lol.gif I think he is the best protagonist of GTA Series!! He is the most mysterious! ph34r.gif

Arsen Vitiuk
He is the most mysterious! ph34r.gif

...which makes people want to know more about him.

Personally I would like to see what hides behind his silence. What if there is a kind, romantic soul, while killing and crimes are just his way of survival in the mean world?

Claude Speed.

This is R*'s description of Claude from their official Facebook app:

user posted image

He is definitely not mute.

Gone...but not quite.

Arsen Vitiuk

Could you give the link to this quiz? I want to take it myself!

Arsen Vitiuk

Unfortunately, the Facebook admins restricted the application... cryani.gif

Edited by Arsen Vitiuk

Claude Speed.
Do you have a Facebook account? It only works if you do. I don't know about any restrictions.

Gone...but not quite.

WhistleBlower

Claude is most definitely the strong but silent type. I don't think he's a mute either. Maria even said it herself when she called into Chatterbox FM by saying, "He don't talk much." as opposed to "He don't talk at all." We've also seen him for a brief period in San Andreas during his time in San Fierro and the countryside. But even then his trademark silent protagonist behavior was prominent so why ruin it by having him speak? That's what makes Claude so unique in the GTA III era.

Edited by WhistleBlower

Arsen Vitiuk

He isn't mute! Yes!

When Claude falls off the building or is kicked by someone's fists or bat, he gives off a sigh or grunt. That means that he's not mute, he really don't speak too much.

• Like 1

I still say he's just a badass. And badasses don't need to speak or need personalities.

He proves you don't need to speak to:

Kill people

Get work

Earn money

Be an awesome character

Get ladies

Be a vigilante and kill criminals

Be a taxi driver

Be a firefighter

Be an ambulance driver

Be a hitman

Drive a plane on the road or fly (if you're able)

Fight people

Race

Answer the phone

And so much more.

I think Claude's not mute. He is a really smart guy, who basically lost hope in life after he got backstabbed by Catalina and went to jail.

He has an uncontrollable thirst for money, but deep down, he knows it won't bring him any happiness. He just needs goals to keep living, and money seems like a pretty good one.

He would do anything for money. Antyhing, even weird sexual favors for truck drivers (ok, maybe not this kind of thing).

He doesn't care about killing people at all, even if they're just innocents or members of a friendly gang, because he lost faith in mankind.

If you're annoying him, he WILL kill you - just like he did with Maria -, unless someone's paying him to keep you alive.

After he kills Catalina, he just does some more random stuff to earn more money... and then locks himself in his Staunton Island Safehouse and never sees the daylight again.

"even weird sexual favors for truck drivers " cry.gifcry.gif

"even weird sexual favors for truck drivers " cry.gifcry.gif

He would do that for money, don't worry.

I should have known Cidamelo would be disgusted by that tounge2.gif

WhistleBlower

I don't think he lost faith in mankind because then he wouldn't be doing any jobs in the first place. He went out of his way to save Maria as well. He only fires his gun in the air to stop Maria from talking. So isn't it possible that Claude simply starts his life anew at the end of GTA III?

Arsen Vitiuk

Of course possible. And that would explain how he ended up in Anywhere City 12 years later.

WhistleBlower
Of course possible. And that would explain how he ended up in Anywhere City 12 years later.

That's assuming that they're even the same people. I think it's just a coincidence. Besides, Anywhere City means anywhere in the world, right? How can you apply that to the GTA III era?