3D Ripper

SomeGuy86

SomeGuy86

OK, so I need a model from GTAIV, and i downloaded 3D Ripper. Everything went OK, until I had to start the game, GTAIV. Whenever I choose EFLC or GTAIV.exe (by 3D Ripper) it tells me to use the launcher instead. But when i use the launcher, nothing happens, because 3D Ripper probably misunderstood launcher for the game, since it's the separate application. So, my question is, just how do you initiate 3D Ripper for IV?

quechus13
OK, so I need a model from GTAIV, and i downloaded 3D Ripper. Everything went OK, until I had to start the game, GTAIV. Whenever I choose EFLC or GTAIV.exe (by 3D Ripper) it tells me to use the launcher instead. But when i use the launcher, nothing happens, because 3D Ripper probably misunderstood launcher for the game, since it's the separate application. So, my question is, just how do you initiate 3D Ripper for IV?

Use Spark IV for either EFLC or IV

no need for 3D Ripper.

SomeGuy86

To be honest, I already tried. My goal was to extract "baggage" trailers, the ones you can find at the airport. (props, map objects) Everything worked OK, but for some reason, I only found half of the texture in appropriate WTD archive.

Model(s) source folder is pc\data\maps\props\street\misc and according to misc.ide, all the textures should be located within BM_Airport.wtd. But they're not, as ZMod reported several missing textures... confused.gif

After trying all kinds of tricks & shortcuts, I figured it would be best to rip the textures directly from the game. But in order to do so, I need working 3D Ripper, which is why I posted this question in the first place smile.gif

EDIT

Eh, nevermind. I got it to work by running GTA & 3D Ripper on 32bit Windows XP. Fortunately for me, I have dual-boot system.

Edited by SomeGuy86