The Two Endings(SPOILERS)

Schismatist

Schismatist

Throughout GTA4, you have a lot of choices, mostly involving "kill or don't kill", but the ending was obviously the most important choice in the game. Kill Dimitri, as the game pretty much pointed out if you don't kill Darko(Perhaps if you do kill him aswell, I never did), revenge is somewhat pointless(This doesn't change the fact that Dimitri tried and would probably try again to hurt Niko and the people around him). Don't kill Dimitri, and you do the deal with him, he betrays you, again, but, in a previous phone call, involving Dimitri asking Niko to work for him again, Niko says he wouldn't make the same mistake again, which leads me to believe this is the non-canon ending. What do you all think?(I know that there has been a lot of topics similiar to this before, but this is about which one you believe is canon, not which you think is better or which you'd rather have die or blablabla)

I chose revenge on both. I did kill Darko because I wanted to put him out of his misery and also beacuse I thought 'I didn't make it all the way here to let him live!' therefore I killed him. I think the one that's MEANT to be is the revenge one. Then Kate dies. I really don't know. When it came to killing Dwayne or Playboy, I chose killing playboy because I didn't like him and I knew the rewards already biggrin.gif

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

Schismatist
Plus if you take revenge, You're able to keep Roman.

I know I'm a minority on this, but I actually liked Kate(Not more than Roman), I found her to be a more mature character, unlike Roman, which made her a little different, she wasn't negative of the time, nor was she extremely optimistic like Roman, I guess you could say that I'm trying to say that she was the most normal character out of the bunch. Of course, I chose Revenge as well, as I found it to be the smarter choice.(And yes, I need those free cab rides damnit.)

I think Revenge is materially better, but I don't think either one needs to be "canon" because Rockstar wouldn't make a sequel be so tightly connected.

Schismatist
I think Revenge is materially better, but I don't think either one needs to be "canon" because Rockstar wouldn't make a sequel be so tightly connected.

This is true, as either way, Niko more than likely leaves the life of crime. But the thing is, is Niko a character who doesn't know right from wrong all the time?(Kills Dwayne for money, does the deal with Dimitri ect.) or is he a character that hates the corrupt and those who threaten his family and friends?(Kill Playboy, kill Dimitri), that is and isn't the player's choice, because the player's choices don't really effect how Niko thinks, no matter what Niko will think of the Dimitri as a dick and Dwayne as someone better than Playboy. Which leads me to believe killing Playboy, letting Darko live(as revenge didn't satisfy Niko), and killing Dimitri are the canon choices.

This is like asking "is killing or sparing Ivan Bytchkov canon?" and I think the simple answer is that there is no "canon" option. I think that R* won't make a sequel to GTA IV (maybe a prequel or something but not a sequel) so it doesn't really matter what ending actually happened.

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

Kate is worthless anyway. Roman was actually better to have around.

It very easy to say " durr, Kate dies in Revenge and we don't like her its canon lol" but Niko doesn't know anyone will die at the time of making the decision, so to simply write off deal because Revenge is more fun and Roman doesn't die is complete nonsense.

Apothecaries Weight

It feels better killing the antagonist Dimitri at the end of the game, I'm not sure why but that's mostly how every GTA game has gone with the antagonist dieing in the final mission.

I know I'm a minority on this, but I actually liked Kate(Not more than Roman), I found her to be a more mature character, unlike Roman, which made her a little different, she wasn't negative of the time, nor was she extremely optimistic like Roman, I guess you could say that I'm trying to say that she was the most normal character out of the bunch. Of course, I chose Revenge as well, as I found it to be the smarter choice.(And yes, I need those free cab rides damnit.)

I think the number one factor here is the blood that ties Niko to Roman, the same Bellic blood that flows in the veins of them both.

Kate is a woman Niko is clearly interested in, maybe even deeper than a crush, or f*cking. Despite Kate hardly ever appears as a lovable character for the players (making people like Schismatist a minority), but if you think about Kate from Niko's point of view, she is a strong woman who clearly loves his family - making one of the biggest connecting factors between the two, regarding Niko's love and faith in Roman despite his clearly suicidal and wild life - and if you think about Niko, a victim of the Yugoslavian War and a man that has gone through a lot of hard things in his life, I'd place my bet on Niko most likely wanting to settle down, like someone already mentioned.

8wjrzl.png

It feels better killing the antagonist Dimitri at the end of the game, I'm not sure why but that's mostly how every GTA game has gone with the antagonist dieing in the final mission.

No matter what u choose, Revenge or Deal, Dimitri gets killed , so the antagonist is dead ether way

Schismatist
It very easy to say " durr, Kate dies in Revenge and we don't like her its canon lol" but Niko doesn't know anyone will die at the time of making the decision, so to simply write off deal because Revenge is more fun and Roman doesn't die is complete nonsense.

Most logical post I've seen on this thread, thank you.

Schismatist

I think the number one factor here is the blood that ties Niko to Roman, the same Bellic blood that flows in the veins of them both.

Kate is a woman Niko is clearly interested in, maybe even deeper than a crush, or f*cking. Despite Kate hardly ever appears as a lovable character for the players (making people like Schismatist a minority), but if you think about Kate from Niko's point of view, she is a strong woman who clearly loves his family - making one of the biggest connecting factors between the two, regarding Niko's love and faith in Roman despite his clearly suicidal and wild life - and if you think about Niko, a victim of the Yugoslavian War and a man that has gone through a lot of hard things in his life, I'd place my bet on Niko most likely wanting to settle down, like someone already mentioned.

(Sorry for the double post) Another great post. Thanks for typing what I cprobably wouldn't take the time to type lol.

Apothecaries Weight

No matter what u choose, Revenge or Deal, Dimitri gets killed , so the antagonist is dead ether way

I said at the end of the game, of course he dies. f*cker deserves it.