Bridges

gtafreak102

gtafreak102

What if the bridges were open from the start? Then later in the story they would close so then you can only access the other island by aircraft or swimming.

What if you actually put some effort into making a topic?

Terrible idea, terrible all round.

Mokrie Dela

IF temporarily (like with butter bridge in RDR) why not? Would add a nice narrative twist tounge.gif

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Schismatist

I felt odd that in GTA CTW, the bridges weren't closed(story wise, this makes sense, but it felt a little too odd). So I dunno.

Drift-Kingz

This is really stupid why can't crap like this go on in the wishlist topic from now on? Goddamit. I mean, just look at all the locked topics we have here in this section of GTAF. Ludicrous...

that takes alot of my fun out of the first few hours of gameplay. once i figure out how to get onto the railroad tracks, the next thing to do is see how many stars i get by sneaking onto the locked parts of the map.

i posted an idea somewhere i had that sort of fits into this:

i'd like to see a hispanic protagonist work his way out of drug cartels in northern mexico into the SA region. like a tijuana / LA / san fran combined map. early in the game i envision you doing border crossing missions, jumping the fence in the desert or taking a tunnel etc. you could access the 'rest of the map' in a limited way early in the game, as long as you didn't attract any attention - but as soon as a cop spots you it's full 5 stars etc.

that would be a break from the instant wanted level you get in previous games, wether you're seen or not, and IMO that would 'work' in that you couldn't just freely roam around everything, so you had a reason to keep going with the storyline, but you'd still have the chance to get a teaser view of what's in store later in the game.

i wouldn't like it if the entire map was open from the get-go though. i like looking forward to new sections opening up, and the way the games have been in the past, breaking up territory, makes it easier to get bearings in the map section by section, rather than having an enormous world presented to you all at once.

GTAWithStyle

nah it would be awesome if the whole map is open from the start actually, it's not like you have to go explore the parts you don't really visit yet since the missions usually go from section to section

maybe.. but i never would have figured out how to jump the canal in vice city if i could have just driven there.

=)

Long_Haired_Boy

Your character could also learn how to swim from an early point in the game.

Would ruin GTA for me. Honestly, that would just destroy the game for me, I love the feeling of NEEDING to do the mission's to explore what the game has to offer.

Mokrie Dela
This is really stupid why can't crap like this go on in the wishlist topic from now on? Goddamit. I mean, just look at all the locked topics we have here in this section of GTAF. Ludicrous...

What you do is click Report post, explain why, then leave it. DO NOT reply to it.

Although the topic's poorly done, imo it warrants discussion. Should the bridges be closed or open, what effects will there be on gameplay/story....

As opposed to "omg i want a ferrari in the game."

Technically your post is considered spam too, as it's off topic, but i'll shush about that because i kind of agree that too many topics have been locked for no good reason.

To keep my post non-spammy:

I think it'd be better for GTA to have the bridges open as the story progresses unless, like i stated, there's a narrative reason why they should re-close, and that should be temporary.

I'd like to see, in DLC, the bridges also shut, and the player would have to find alternatives.

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.

087rqaU.pngVw81Z2a.pngxWvxZoT.png1fb6cYB.png

Click here to view my Poetry

Well they weren't OPEN in GTA IV, but you could surely TRAVEL to them by swimming or flying. Far more realistic than just being blocked by an invisible wall in the middle of the Vice City-an ocean.

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

Drift-Kingz

@Mokrie - Sorry it's just that these kind of threads annoy me. It's like 'oh my gawd i want a super cool car in gta!!!', and other stuff like that. Yes, I do agree with you about the part where this topic could spawn some discussion (which it already did), but nonetheless it's poorly done and it just instantly prattles straight to the point where it's a random question.