At what age did you truly feel like a man

nutboy

MostOfAll
Im pushing 18 now and i keep on feeling like im the same kid. Everywhere around me i see people pointing out that you are a MAN at that age even society. My folks tell me its not until 21 but regardless I feel like my childhood is ending and im not really ready for it to end yet not that i want to be a kid any longer and dont want more responsibility but I just fear with the way I am now im gonna make one hell of a sh*tty adult. Doesnt help that I still have another year till uni (hopefully) still live with my parents and dont have a job. This is kind of trivial but i cant get the image of me living in my parents basement doing nothing but smoking weed and commenting on here all day 10 years from now. Was there a point you took a look at yourself and said "yes im a man now"?

I'm sixteen, and I know exactly what you mean. I remember looking up to the eighth graders and thinking they were cool back when I was in second grade. I don't think you realize how far you've come until you sit down and think about it.

There's milestones.

18 (in most civilised parts of the world) is where you get the most freedoms. 21 is (in previous generations) when you get the keys to the house. 25 is where you're cut off from many 'youth' government incentives and your parents' insurance.

Sure, you can move out, have kids, own a car/business/dog/house well before or after these milestones happen.

Mr. Scratch

When you have to buy your own toilet paper.

True true.

no longer getting asked for ID for stuff like alcohol.

so to answer the question felt like a man at around 20.

7cg1vNw.png

When the guy serving has your drink ready by the time you reach the bar. All real men are a regular somewhere.

user posted image

Finn 7 five 11
Growing up sucks in my opinion.

Your definitely part of a majority there.

Being at University and holding the fate of my education solely in my hands feels pretty 'grown up' ad the fact I haven't hoovered my room for a while and there's no mum to do it for me.

kippers.png

AnotherDave

When the guy serving has your drink ready by the time you reach the bar. All real men are a regular somewhere.

Very true. Having drinks waiting for you and getting served quickly even on the busiest nights are signs you're well on your way to becoming a real man. Being able to grow a beard and moustache you can be proud of is a clincher.

hW0sZKX.png

Very true. Having drinks waiting for you and getting served quickly even on the busiest nights are signs you're well on your way to becoming a real man. Being able to grow a beard and moustache you can be proud of is a clincher.

The drinks thing... I don't know. It depends if your regular drink is a Perrier with a dash of lemon.

AnotherDave

We're veering into gentleman/chap territory with talk of Perrier, I think.

hW0sZKX.png

We're veering into gentleman/chap territory with talk of Perrier, I think.

I'm just picturing you with a glass of Perrier.

As Martha Stewart would say, it's a good thing.

At what age did you truly feel like a man?

Well, I'm 19 which means i'm legally classed as an Adult, I have hairs everywhere a man should do, I can drive, I can drink, I can smoke, I can get a tattoo, i go to work, i've paid for nearly everything since i was 16 (Car, phone, days out, holidays etc) and people who don't know me in public refer to me as 'that man'.

Do i feel like a man? Well, no, not really.

I'm not sure what it is but i really don't think i'm a man yet, i still live at home and give my parents a few monies to help towards food, bills etc, i've thought that living at home could be what's holding me back but besides the extra bills and having more space to myself i don't think it would make me a man. I don't have a girlfriend (by choice) but then again nor do my friends.

Whilst my path in life isn't currently clear i do hope to move to Australia at some point, maybe then when i have a wife, kids, own home etc i might feel like a man but for the time being i'm pretty content with being, well, myself.

user posted imageuser posted image

Vercetti27
Hmmm, probably when I first shaved so 13.I know it was young but I am extremly developed, My voice was breaking at 11 and I was getting pubic hair at 10.Im 14 now and have arm pit hair and all that.Most people think im 16 when they see me.

you have armpit hair?

you the man

WF the Hobgoblin

Dunno, 16? Then more so at 18, then more so at 21. I've considered myself an adult since I was 16 but even at 23 I still consider people that are maybe 40+ to be the "grown ups" or true adults.

CryptReaperDorian
When I attempted and successfully performed the "cock pushup."

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Anyways, on topic, I'm 18 and don't really feel like an adult yet. I guess it might be something that just "happens". Leaving childhood and entering adulthood is definitely not the funnest thing to do. I can say that for sure.

I know what you mean when you say you don't want your childhood to end. I felt the same way, and still do a little. I consider going to basic training the end of my childhood, because it got me out on my own and paying for my own stuff. It definitely made me feel like a man as well, even though I believe I still have some growing up to do. (I'm 19 now, almost 20)

Growing up sucks in my opinion.

Your definitely part of a majority there.

21 and counting. I must say, I'm not a fan.

ChossenOne

When I satisfy a woman sexually, that's when I'll feel like a MAN biggrin.gif

user posted image

When I satisfy a woman sexually, that's when I'll feel like a MAN biggrin.gif

supervirgin

WbZaxRP.png

AnotherDave

I'm just picturing you with a glass of Perrier.

As Martha Stewart would say, it's a good thing.

Care to join me for an ass a glass?

user posted image

(If that picture doesn't make you feel like a man, you're doing it wrong)

hW0sZKX.png

LazlowsucksiloveslutS

I'm 21 and I don't feel like a man.I say,do and think stupid sh*t.

And in my perspective,a man is somebody who is loyal and respectful to people that he loves and who is willing to give his life for a loved one.Some times,a 10 year old boy can be more of a man,than a 30 year old.

I haven't been very loyal to people that I love and I doubt if I will ever feel like a man.

I'll feel like a true man after the op :L

WTF!? mercie_blink.gif As i know you are a girl no?

I felt 1st time like a man when i finnaly could jeez at the age of 12....

I should ask kirst when does she felt like a REAL woman....

I'll feel like a true man after the op :L

WTF!? mercie_blink.gif As i know you are a girl no?

I felt 1st time like a man when i finnaly could jeez at the age of 12....

I should ask kirst when does she felt like a REAL woman....

Haha least someone's got half a sense of humour around here!

At about age 15. I've always been mature and responsible since that age. I'm currently 19 years old. Although sometimes i do wish to do stupid immature sh*t and sneak in movies by not paying, shoplift, race against strangers, pick fights, talk back to the elder, play hide-n-seek at walmart, add hot sauce to friend's drink and.. oh wait, guess i'm still a little boy. blush.gif

There was this one case i felt ashamed being a man though.. the day i got drunk, nearing blackout, and pushed my girl 3-4 times because i was mad at her. But i will never ever lay hands on a girl again.

..and no i didn't chris-brown'd her ass, i just physically pushed her away from me.