At what age did you truly feel like a man

nutboy

Im pushing 18 now and i keep on feeling like im the same kid. Everywhere around me i see people pointing out that you are a MAN at that age even society. My folks tell me its not until 21 but regardless I feel like my childhood is ending and im not really ready for it to end yet not that i want to be a kid any longer and dont want more responsibility but I just fear with the way I am now im gonna make one hell of a sh*tty adult. Doesnt help that I still have another year till uni (hopefully) still live with my parents and dont have a job. This is kind of trivial but i cant get the image of me living in my parents basement doing nothing but smoking weed and commenting on here all day 10 years from now. Was there a point you took a look at yourself and said "yes im a man now"?

This is kind of trivial but i cant get the image of me living in my parents basement doing nothing but smoking weed and commenting on here all day 10 years from now.

You've obviously set some highly realistic goals for yourself.

7FTgFLB.png

I wouldn't say it's made me feel like "a man" but just an adult, but moving out. I say this because it's not a particularly masculine thing. Even though I'm in uni halls, so it's not exactly the most mature of environments, it's still a major change . My mam was never a bad person to live with, she's great, but there's something about living on your own terms (to a degree) that is just better than living at home.

There's downsides sure: having to cook for yourself, having to motivate yourself to clean (nobody else is complaining that your room's disgusting), living in a small space, having sh*t furniture, being poorer, sharing a bathroom with terrible people, no control over the heating, doing your own washing, rent, terrestrial tv. There's just something that I can't pin down that's better, and I can't help but feel sorry for all my mates that still live at home when I'm back there (which admittedly is quite often).

I think I might just be moaning in that list.

Edited by Robinski
user posted image

The first time I smacked a granny over the head and stole her shopping from tesco.

user posted image

Was buying a sandwich the other day and the girl serving me (I'd guess she was roughly the same age as me, 20) called me "sir". That was an "I'm ooooooooooold" moment.

Also, several months ago I was on a bus and this kid was knocking into my seat over and over. His mum said "stop it, you're going to annoy that man". It's moments like these when you realise yer getting old lol. Even if you still feel 13 inside.

user posted image

Moonshield

Man, I feel like a woman.

4XEtraA.jpg

Now or Never

Well, probably when I ripped a cat in half with my bare hands...so I guess since I was 2.

Oh and many moments similar to Siks66's.

Im pushing 18 now and i keep on feeling like im the same kid. Everywhere around me i see people pointing out that you are a MAN at that age even society. My folks tell me its not until 21 but regardless I feel like my childhood is ending and im not really ready for it to end yet not that i want to be a kid any longer and dont want more responsibility but I just fear with the way I am now im gonna make one hell of a sh*tty adult. Doesnt help that I still have another year till uni (hopefully) still live with my parents and dont have a job. This is kind of trivial but i cant get the image of me living in my parents basement doing nothing but smoking weed and commenting on here all day 10 years from now. Was there a point you took a look at yourself and said "yes im a man now"?

Are you the one who made the topic about masturbation.

Hmmm, probably when I first shaved so 13.I know it was young but I am extremly developed, My voice was breaking at 11 and I was getting pubic hair at 10.Im 14 now and have arm pit hair and all that.Most people think im 16 when they see me.

Hmmm, probably when I first shaved so 13.I know it was young but I am extremly developed, My voice was breaking at 11 and I was getting pubic hair at 10.Im 14 now and have arm pit hair and all that.Most people think im 16 when they see me.

S0 matur.

QF1SfST.png

I started feeling like a man when I was about 12. I woke up and my penis and vagina were sort of... together.

Feels great. icon14.gif

im50CZq.gif
Mii44or.gif

Straznicy

Really been starting to feel older since the New Year. Not necessarily considering myself a 'man' yet, there's just an awareness that I'm not a kid anymore.

What makes you a 'man' anyway? Responsibilities? I'm in full-time education, have a job and try to involve myself in as much as I can. Still doesn't feel quite the ticket yet.

As soon as you can retrieve and arrow from a climbing poll, shoot fireworks and balance water on your head while deflecting rocks. Not to mention defeating the Huns. All you need to become a man is in this video. Good luck son.

mIHXV.jpg

As soon as you can retrieve and arrow from a climbing poll, shoot fireworks and balance water on your head while deflecting rocks. Not to mention defeating the Huns. All you need to become a man is in this video. Good luck son.

I watched that film the other day. The girlfriend brought it over and insist I watch it since I'd yet to see it.

Admitting that you like Disney films (Pixar doesn't count) is the first sign of manhood.

user posted image

When you can tell a women to make you a sandwhich, and she does it... then you know you've made it.

(loljk)

Banned, now stay the f*ck out

You're kidding, right? I saw your picture on the mugshots topic, you looked like you were 10. You also said you were 13 at the moment and hadn't hit puberty. Of course you erased the picture! You had absoloutely NO hair ANYWHERE.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

As for me...

I'm just a catloaf catloaf_by_anuj.gif

tumblr_mk683ddOTs1rkv9cvo1_250.gif

Don't you ever get tired of trolling?

Yl8KS.jpg

Either getting the full-time job I've been chasing for years, or busting all kinds of nuts on my girlfriend's eagar, ample bosom.

LanceVanceDance07

Are you the one who made the topic about masturbation.

Yup...that's the guy. I figured that he would say something like "When I thought I became a man was the first time I jacked off" or something along those lines.

Back on-topic: Probably the first time I went to university and living by myself was when I really got a sense of manhood and that I had to fend for myself.

user posted image

AlexGTAGamer

Either the day I got my first paying job, the day when I started growing facial hair or this year when I filled out a section of the 2011 Census.

I'm still waiting to turn into an adult.

Can you give the definition of man please? I'm married and own my house, car and all that kind of stuff. But until I kill a bear with my bare hands I'm just a boy trying to be a man.

Sean_R_LFC

You bore me

Doc Rikowski

When you have to buy your own toilet paper.

user posted image

darthYENIK

I'm still waiting to turn into an adult.

Can you give the definition of man please?  I'm married and own my house, car and all that kind of stuff.  But until I kill a bear with my bare hands I'm just a boy trying to be a man.

When you're a boy you get this for a present at Christmas...

user posted image

When you're a man, you get this...

user posted image

Although in my mind, adulthood is overrated as a child, and childhood is underrated as an adult. That's why I prefer the gray area. You get slinkies and underwear.

EDIT: I realize that the underwear package says "Boys", but you guys try google image searching "package of underwear". There's a lot more package than underwear, if you know what I mean. So just imagine that it says "Mens".

When you're a boy you get this for a present at Christmas...

user posted image

When you're a man, you get this...

user posted image

I hear your logic, except the only flaw is I got this from my mother during this past xmas

user posted image

I could have used underwear.

Finn 7 five 11

Don't you ever get tired of trolling?

No i don't think he is trolling, i think he wants a medal because he went through puberty like a year earlier than average.

What you look like is nothing to do with feeling like a man, or how far through puberty you are, i kinda felt like a man when i was like 16-17, but being an adult is not really that big a step from being a teenager, i remember being a little year 7 looking up at adults thinking "i can't wait till im an adult im gonna be so mature" when the fact is your not really, you can just tell the difference between maturity and immaturity, so if your acting immature you can tell. Where as if i was still a little year 7 if someone told me i was being immature i would say "how?"

kmlwin.1996

When I get my first 1000 dollars when I first start to work.

The day I ended the life of another.

Masculinity is like a gang. Blood in, blood out.