Remove launcher/device selection?

leik oh em jeez!

leik oh em jeez!

Is there any way to remove the launcher/device selection menu from san andreas? I'm trying to get SA working with custom resolutions, and I think I can force custom window sizes if I remove the launcher.

Launcher/device selection menu? I have never heard if it before. Can you post a screenshot so I can know what you're talking about?

leik oh em jeez!

user posted image

Comes up before each launch. Always has for me, in the ~5 years I've been playing SA on PC.

lil weasel

I think Poster means the .exe file contents that starts the game.

(start=launcher)

I get that box too in my Vista game; didn't get it when I played the XP game.

I do have two monitors, now that could be the reason.

It's great to have maps or tip sheets on the second monitor while play a game. Also while reading forums I can view two pages at the same time without fliping between windows.

Edited by lil weasel

Spider-Vice

Apparently this appears when it can't detect your graphics card properly. An unoriginal exe it isn't as if you open your original with a resource hacker, you see this launcher on one of the resources. I use Vista and I don't have that screen though.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

leik oh em jeez!

Doubt it's not detecting harware properly, it's probably that it detects more than one display device, which I've always had.

I imagine if I disabled all but one GPU and disconnected all but one monitor, it would go away. But that would defeat the point, as I'm trying to get it running on three monitors.

I just managed a workaround for Halo 2 yesterday, but ultramon won't resize the window when the launcher is used.

user posted image

Comes up before each launch. Always has for me, in the ~5 years I've been playing SA on PC.

That screen never comes up-Only this one, and This one come up on the game. As you can see this is Windows 7(it does the exact same thing on my Vista Home Premium desktop. On my XP PRO and XP Home PC's, the second screen shot is all you get-the first does not show on XP.

The ONLY time I have that screen come up, is the first time I played GTA 1 and 2.-III, VC, and SA-even IV does not do this. Otherwise, when you load the game, all that comes up is the cursor with the spinning CD icon, then the game loads as per usual. then you get the start screen, where you can load a save or start a new game or change the options. This goes for XP, Vista, and 7-I have played(and still do) on all 3 OS's. Are you deleting the .set file, cause the .set file stores your settings for you.?

leik oh em jeez!

No, I've still got my .set file, and it does store my settings. It remembers 1680x1050x32 and on my GTX275, it just gives me the option to change it before each start. I believe it's for people running multiple GPUs or monitors, but I need to remove it while I've got 3 GPUs and 3 monitors. Then I should be able to stretch SA across all three monitors @ 5040x1050, Like I've been able to do with EVERY game I've tried except Vice City and San Andreas.

No, I've still got my .set file, and it does store my settings. It remembers 1680x1050x32 and on my GTX275, it just gives me the option to change it before each start. I believe it's for people running multiple GPUs or monitors, but I need to remove it while I've got 3 GPUs and 3 monitors. Then I should be able to stretch SA across all three monitors @ 5040x1050, Like I've been able to do with EVERY game I've tried except Vice City and San Andreas.

So, you basically just solved the problem-get rid of the extra GPU's AND Monitors-you ONLY NEED one GPU and One Monitor to run the game. Why do you feel the need for 3 GPU's and 3 monitor's?-that was just a waste of money in my opinion, as each PC only needs one of each to work. But, that may not be the problem, as my laptop has 2 GPU's (an ATI Radeon HD 5470 AND a Intel GMA HD card) and I never get that when running the game.?

leik oh em jeez!

So, you basically just solved the problem-get rid of the extra GPU's AND Monitors-you ONLY NEED one GPU and One Monitor to run the game. Why do you feel the need for 3 GPU's and 3 monitor's?-that was just a waste of money in my opinion, as each PC only needs one of each to work. But, that may not be the problem, as my laptop has 2 GPU's (an ATI Radeon HD 5470 AND a Intel GMA HD card) and I never get that when running the game.?

Not at all. The problem isn't getting rid of the launcher to get rid of the launcher. It being there doesn't bother me. It stopping SA from running in custom resoltions (including triple-wide resolutions) is what bothers me.

Getting SA to run on custom resolutions (not just triple-wide) is something that apparently no one has been able to do yet. Personally, I can't stand only having one monitor. I feel limited. And I can't really remove my second GPU from the system, only disable it in device manager. Besides, having triple the viewable space makes for an amazing gaming experience.

If I were only doing what was needed, I'd still be playing SA on my PS2.