SA Glitch: Walk and do anything underwater!

magma24

Hello everyone,

I installed spaceeinstein's all in one mod V3.0 for GTA San Andreas 1.0, and I enabled the superman mod, which allows CJ to fly. As I was flying around Los Santos I may have dived into the water at Santa Maria beach and somehow, the effect on CJ was as if he was on normal ground surface!

I could walk and do everything underwater, apart from swimming tounge.gif

I had also enabled God mode so that I wouldn't die biggrin.gif

I actually recorded this (what I think is) rare glitch/bug for everyone to see!

I'm looking forward to seeing your opinions and comments on this biggrin.gif

Found it when was creating a mission in DYOM.

But, anyway, good glitch, it's useful for Oysters founders.

Post vid on september 2nd, make topic months later.

Odd.

Yea, I didn't get the chance to make the topic until now, since whenever I try to make a topic on this forum, after I click the post topic button, it keeps loading and after several minutes its STILL loading, and I keep refreshing and it still doesn't work, this really frustrates me and puts me off making the topic for another time. I can assure the same thing happened as I posted this topic, luckily though it did not happen as often (which it rarely does that).

I wasn't aware that this glitch happened quite a few times before, since I though the mod i had installed was one of the only ways to get this glitch.

Anymore opinions and ways of getting this glitch?

If I recall rightly, there are bug-point in Tierra Robada allowing you to jump, walk, etc... underwater. Just don't remember where it is.

GTA Phreak

Long and well-known glitch, - you don't need mods or cheats to do it either.

Hello everyone,

I installed spaceeinstein's all in one mod V3.0 for GTA San Andreas 1.0, and I enabled the superman mod, which allows CJ to fly. As I was flying around Los Santos I may have dived into the water at Santa Maria beach and somehow, the effect on CJ was as if he was on normal ground surface!

your late dude....very late everybody already discoverd this man! where you been.?!

Hello everyone,

your late dude....very late everybody already discoverd this man! where you been.?!

I've been..busy.

I guess I did find it out quite late, but I'm pretty sure (at least I think I am) that no one got this glitch the same way I did lol

I really did wanna share this glitch with this community though, it isn't very often that I myself experience glitches and bugs in SA biggrin.gif

Anyway anyone know any more crazy and wild ways of getting this glitch?

Has anyone experienced a more severe water-related glitch in GTA SA?

I'd appreciate your opinions smile.gif

lil weasel

Hey... People...

If responding to unanswered posts, PLEASE, don’t use ‘Quote’; do use either Add-Reply or Fast-Reply buttons at bottom of page.

opps! I have been corrected, post removed turn.gif

Edited by skills

Oh ok, I'll be using fast reply and add reply from now on biggrin.gif

I posted in the original GTA SAN ANDREAS sub forum, then this topic was moved to here, so what should I do?

yo, magma24 you should ask one of the modorators to move this topic to modding forums. This section of the forums are for the console version of san andreas. Becaues your topic might get locked if it's not moved. Yeah, think about that!

This section is for both consoles and PC. Also, this glitch has nothing to do with modding as has been stated before, so the topic is fine here.

Well thats a relief, I was concerned that this topic was in the wrong place :S

Anyway so has anyone known any other ways of getting this glitch?

Has anyone experienced similar glitches in GTA SA?

GTA Phreak

Examples, there's several other places:

Different glitch:

Nukey Shay

The glitch happens because of how the "underwater effect" is implemented in the game engine. Imagine the whole map with a grid pattern covering it. Each square section of grid defines whether a "water tile" exists there or not. Because the coastline of the terrain is not always straight, the edges of the water tiles do not always match perfectly (the water tiles either extend into the surface of the coastline *OR* the water tile ends just before the coastline is actually reached). The latter is what you are interested in...finding spots on the map where the overlayed water tile does not reach the coastline. When you swim into such areas, the game assumes that you are out of the water and places you back in "walking" mode. The "underwater effect" (i.e. the wavy blue atmosphere) disappears completely when you are standing in such an area. Furthermore...if you then walk into the area covered by a water tile, the wavy blue atmosphere will return...but you will still be in "walking mode" - as a water tile's surface area was never broken to place you in swimming mode.

These spots are very common at coastline areas where the land partially extends OVER the water below (i.e. where the rock coastline wall curves inward on it's way down to the sea floor). There's a whole lot of them along the South-Southeastern coastline of the Western landform. Try driving off the cliff near the freeway, diving down to the sea bed, and swimming up against the rock wall.

Additionally, vehicles that have sunken underwater can be pushed into such areas - which makes them drivable again. This strategy makes it pretty easy to move rare or uncommon vehicles from locked-out areas to Los Santos in early stages of the game (without resorting to cheats). Just wait until they have sunken all the way down, swim into a glitch spot to get into walking mode, then push the vehicle there. Don't try to get into a vehicle while it is still directly under a water tile...or you will be in swimming mode again. Use the beach area at Santa Maria or Southwest of the airport to drive them back out of the water (try cruising very fast on approach...since once the vehicle is about to break the water surface, the game will assume it to be "sunken" again...not a very promising prospect if the police are chasing you).

Edited by Nukey Shay