BBCode: "YouTube" tags?

Jonny_Tightlips

Jonny_Tightlips

So yeah, I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one tired of constantly typing [ youtube][ /youtube] in posts. Would it be too much to ask for a tag generator in the Post Reply page?

Side note: Correct me if i'm wrong, but its pretty clear that everyone here uses the tag way more often than the PS2 cheat list, jussayin. Replacement maybe?

...besides that I ain't sayin nuthin.

Edmachine

If you use Firefox or Chrome (maybe works on Opera, I don't know), you can use this thing I made. smile.gif

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=473194

Just install it on Chrome. You need the Greasemonkey extension if you want to use it on Firefox.

We will be the arms that lift you up oqKntbC.gifWe will be the hand that strike you down

Spider-Vice

Though for these that can't use these browsers, it wouldn't be too hard to put a Youtube button above the post thing like the image ones.

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Jonny_Tightlips
If you use Firefox or Chrome (maybe works on Opera, I don't know), you can use this thing I made. smile.gif

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=473194

Just install it on Chrome. You need the Greasemonkey extension if you want to use it on Firefox.

Nice! Works great, thanks man. Spider brings up a good point, so I'd still suggest that the forum add some type of hoodilly for people who can't use your extension.

...besides that I ain't sayin nuthin.

I think that adding the new button may cause problems due to the unreliability of the Admin CP. I'm not sure though but I remember that it took a while for the spoiler tags to be added.

It would have to be added in all the skins, there's a lot of them.

There are 16 or so skins, assuming that the structure of the posting page is pretty similar on each one, which I think they are, then it shouldn't take too long*. I did just try and hack a little version together using firebug which replaced the PS2 Cheat button with a youtube button. This youtube button was supposed to open up a prompt which told the user to copy in the video id. But sadly I kept getting errors because I wasn't able to define tag_youtube() using the .js files that I could find**.

If I was given access to the skins and other files I think I would be able to do it though. Of course it would probably be better if an admin were to do it I guess, but I do have a bit of free time. tounge.gif

EDIT:

*I had a look at a few of the different skins, the IPB one, The Connection, and the default and their structure is exactly the same. All of the skins made by Cerbera are slightly different though.

**I found a .js file on one of Cerbera's skins which detailed some of the processes which led to the adding of tags to the posting page, however as far as I could see there was no mention of a youtube tag. I thought that it just related to the tags which had buttons assigned to them but I couldn't see any SPOILER tag mentions either. It's probably due to my lack of coding expertise.

Edited by Josh

• 3 weeks later...
1st gtaROCKER

I would like to have a simple button for this, but please DON'T replace the PS2 cheat!

*Official GTAFNS Forums Member*

.:See Official Topic for the Link:.

.:PM me for details:.

They wouldn't replace the PS2 Cheat function. They'd just replace the button. You'd just have to post the images manually in order to do it. Not that it's going to happen anyway.

Also you've only used that feature once in your last 40 posts, so why so serious?