[Q] "Park Your Car" CLEO 4 mod uninstall problem!

Maxaxle

For some reason, even though I deleted all of the script files (and reinstalled San Andreas and CLEO3 and CLEO4), the cars I "parked" still spawn (parking cars places spawnpoints for them, correct colors and all). The only files I haven't deleted are the game saves (not the CLEO_SAVES, I deleted those!), and even then I'm fairly certain that the spawnpoint coordinates aren't in there. But, in the case that they are, how would I edit the .sav files?

The original mod may be found here: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=15301

give me your save file, i might be able to help colgate.gif

I accidentally deleted it. But to replicate the result, just get the Park Your Car CLEO4 mod, park some cars, and save your game. Thanks for trying to help.

give me your save file, i might be able to help  colgate.gif

I accidentally deleted it. But to replicate the result, just get the Park Your Car CLEO4 mod, park some cars, and save your game. Thanks for trying to help.

So are the cars there when starting a new game?

They shouldn't. I had a similar problem with CLEO 3 once. It seems like the parked_car_generators are stored in the saves as well, even if their handle is overwritten.

They shouldn't. I had a similar problem with CLEO 3 once. It seems like the parked_car_generators are stored in the saves as well, even if their handle is overwritten.

Exactly! But one thing: how exactly would I modify a .sav file?

Metacortex

Edited by The_Sorrow

metacortex

You wouldn't notify.gif just make a cleo and destroy the cars you dont want there *facepalm*

Thats what i was gunna do.

And that's what's not gunna work, lad, unless every car_generator was created with a different handle, and to manipulate it via a different script, the handle requires to be global.

If the car was created with a local var you're screwed.

Also some other trouble may occur since the handle can be reused:

014B: 0@ = init_parked_car_generator #RHINO color -1 -1 1 alarm 0 door_lock 0 0 10000 at 2435.302 -1671.848 12.8007 angle 90.0014C: set_parked_car_generator 0@ cars_to_generate_to 101014B: 0@ = init_parked_car_generator #RHINO color -1 -1 1 alarm 0 door_lock 0 0 10000 at [any other coordinate]014C: set_parked_car_generator 0@ cars_to_generate_to 101014B: 0@ = init_parked_car_generator #RHINO color -1 -1 1 alarm 0 door_lock 0 0 10000 at [somewhere else gain angle 90.0014C: set_parked_car_generator 0@ cars_to_generate_to 101

will work just fine, since 0@ is not a handle for the car, but for a parked_car_generator

Those generators seem to be stored in variable block of the save game. I'll check it out and edit this post later.

Well sorry for getting it wrong...mister "Internet tough guy"

fireguy109

Relax, dude. He's just explaining.

pkmTc.gif

Relax, dude. He's just explaining.

Okay, sorry. catspider.gif

As I said before...

It got stored in .b file, not in .sav. Looks like it's unfixable.

I've said that already in mod's topic, that it corrupts savegames tounge.gif

It got stored in .b file, not in .sav. Looks like it's unfixable.

I've said that already in mod's topic, that it corrupts savegames tounge.gif

Oh yeah, I forgot that those were used in place of .savs...so then my question should have been "How can I edit .b files?".