[WIP]HD VC Admiral

_Rob_

Working on this for a couple of hours, getting the technique down as much as possible

HD on left VC's on the right

user posted image

Updates soon, and I'd love some feedback wink.gif

Looks great, are you gonna use the CS Admiral interior or model a new one?

Thanks, and probably one from scratch, but sticking as close to the original as possible., Here's some updates, got most of the shell done now, on to the tricky doors....

user posted image

user posted image

SA for sure, but I'll most likely port it to VC eventually, I'll also be adding extra's in the boot, back seat etc, you know the ones that sometimes appear on the car and sometimes not. Oh and as I'm posting here's some updates

user posted image

user posted image

Last update before I take advantage of the weather and stick the BBQ on tounge.gif

user posted image

Mesh looks very smooth, on some places too much I think. You need harder edges on the doorjams for example. Are you using meshsmooth?

Nah, it's mostly messed up smoothing groups, don't worry I'm working on the doors now.

Ok some work done on the doors, added lights and a numberplate, and other various fixes, getting there now wink.gif

user posted image

user posted image

its like a soap car

doors and roof look awful

That's because he's got every face on the same smoothing group and that makes the render look odd.

It would look "normal" if the smoothing groups were better but that isn't needed atm because he hasn't finished modeling it and smoothing groups aren't visible in III+VC+SA (only IV) anyway.

Edit: @Rob the "A"-style Mercedes parody badge is a good touch. icon14.gif

Edited by frank.s

its like a soap car

That's because he's got every face on the same smoothing group and that makes the render look odd.

It would look "normal" if the smoothing groups were better but that isn't needed atm because he hasn't finished modeling it and smoothing groups aren't visible in III+VC+SA (only IV) anyway.

man , i can model cars, but i still think its like a soap car.

thats by me and see, its not like soap http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/77/hell6.jpg

Edited by pearcyp

its like a soap car

i must agree. But it isnt finished i hope it will look better in final version and imported to the game

good luck icon14.gif

its like a soap car

man , i can model cars, but i still think its like a soap car.

thats by me and see, its not like soap http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/77/hell6.jpg

I'm so please you can model cars, but then again my car isn't finished as mentioned, and your's is finished, in-game and rendered with ENB, so it's bound to look better.

Smoothing groups is visible in SA

Yes that A badge is cool

Also make wheels dummy's the same possition as its is in SA, and collision default from SA. So it will be friendly for SA:MP sly.gif

Looking forward to it icon14.gif

man, i didnt wanna hurt you

i just said my opinion

but i really respect you, you are a great modder

edit: i hope you'll fix the edges

Edited by pearcyp

Looks nice but agree the doors looks rather weird, might be the for the same smoothgroup as mension, could you show some wires?

Don't worry pearcyp I agree with most of what you said anyway, and I'll stick some wires up soon, for now I've worked on the rear of the car, I'm not 100% sure about the lights though, more updates soon wink.gif

user posted image

EDIT: I'm a big fat cheat tounge.gif, but the XBOX engine works so well tounge.gif

user posted image

Edited by bammargera

I'm a big fat cheat tounge.gif, but the XBOX engine works so well tounge.gif

user posted image

It's looking great, but I think that white part on rear lights shoud me more subtle or something.

Updates, we have an interior (still WIP), steering wheel, dash, seats etc. Also take note all the buttons on the dash are 3D.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Puma06111991

I'd use standard IV vehicle interior textures/interior parts. For the rest the progress looks good.

Ok, changed the interior, and done some more bug fixing, next up is probably chopping out the wings :S

user posted image

user posted image

Puma06111991

.. changed the interior ..

As far as I can see (maybe you got a close-up biggrin.gif?) this looks a lot nicer and fits better to IV smile.gif! How do you feel about it yourself? Maybe you should do a small antenna at the middle back of the car's roof, above the rearwindoe devil.gif .

aoxsystems

hmmm....i v seen some of your work before....hd stinger as far as i remember

Advice,u should work on your way of modelling,couse i dont see any progress since then.

Models look like u just added mashsmooth without making any precise edges and later on chempfering them,and result is how would i say....unclean

Please if u could post wireframe view,u could get good tips from many skillful 3d artist around here.

I recommend following evermotion Car4ever Vol. 1 dvd,or any good tutorial and do it step by step.

This post isnt inteded to insult u in any way,its constructive critisism in order to deveolop ur potencial and make your hard work more appealing to others.

its to much smooth dontgetit.gif

Wtf are you talking about?

This is f*cking awesome, If I won't see it come to VC (my favourite GTA) imma take some black heavies and we gonna visit u, k?

In some places this car looks like it was hit by another car. Especially on the doors.

Add some more harder edges, because now it's look like plasticine car.

Keep going... wink.gif