Should CO-OP Be available?

LCollusions

LCollusions

Would you like to play with a partner, or an online partner doing the story?

I am not sure, I kinda do, and don't. I don't want it to be gay, I want it to bee cool, maybe not for online partner, but for a second controller. What do you guys think?

I'm fine either way with it. I can see it being fun having a friend play along with you during the story missions. It's a nice idea, I'd have no problem with it. But I won't be expecting it in the next GTA nor be disappointed if it never comes into the series.

winning duh

awesome idea!!! imagine if it was just like a random ped but it never interferes with the story kinda like calling duane for backup awesome idea!!!! each time you die you come back as random pedestrian or henchman

The_Mario_Man

I had a thread about this a while ago. Might as well drop the suggestions from that here:

It seems that in the majority of the missions present in GTA IV there was usually at least one friendly NPC helping you out. What does everybody think of the ability to connect with a friend online, and go through the entire story together? The story itself could support this by having two primary protagonists, perhaps partners with very close criminal histories. 

This sort of system could completely change up the gameplay, allowing much more complex strategies, such as having one player leading enemies into the open, while the other picks them off from a distance. It could also allow the chase sequences to have both a human driver and gunner.  Outside of the story it could work like an enhanced version of San Andreas' 2-player free-roam. Everything you can do in singleplayer is available, plus a few coop-only challenges and minigames.

HipHopHeadSeb

better co-op capabilities? im all for it! good idea! the co-op missions online on IV were a bit sh*t.

winning duh
I had a thread about this a while ago. Might as well drop the suggestions from that here:

It seems that in the majority of the missions present in GTA IV there was usually at least one friendly NPC helping you out. What does everybody think of the ability to connect with a friend online, and go through the entire story together? The story itself could support this by having two primary protagonists, perhaps partners with very close criminal histories. 

This sort of system could completely change up the gameplay, allowing much more complex strategies, such as having one player leading enemies into the open, while the other picks them off from a distance. It could also allow the chase sequences to have both a human driver and gunner.  Outside of the story it could work like an enhanced version of San Andreas' 2-player free-roam. Everything you can do in singleplayer is available, plus a few coop-only challenges and minigames.

i like the idea better of just having a tag along random ped person that way it doesn't interfere with the story, but make a co-op dlc for that kind of thing like red dead redemption did with the outlaws

LCollusions

The problem with the random partner is: They are retarded as sh*t. They can't help you like real people can, and most of the time, they don't kill nobody.

The problem with the random partner is: They are retarded as sh*t. They can't help you like real people can, and most of the time, they don't kill nobody.

That is a double negative so you just said they do kill people.

Thompson.png

gtafreak102

Hell yes. I can just see my and my brother looking for strippers and cocaine. And causing havoc on the streets of whatever city in the next GTA.

Hell yes. I can just see my and my brother looking for strippers and cocaine. And causing havoc on the streets of whatever city in the next GTA.

Man that sounds like a normal weekday of my life lol just kidding tounge2.gif .

Thompson.png

LCollusions

LOLWUT?

What did you say or mean by that?

F*cking Trollers.

winning duh

i mean random as in the whoever is playing with you, and they die they come back as a random ped or henchman, like the game will give you an option of anyone jumping in your game and they will arrive at your location in a taxi giving you let them join you, that type of thing

LOLWUT?

F*cking Trollers.

Calm down I didnt mean to troll I was just saying lol, back on topic.

Thompson.png

xxcyylonexx

Yes. That was my only problem with GTA 4. At least in SA you could play with another player local.

LCollusions

What I didn't like in SA Local MP, was it's gay functions, only in one car, you can't go very far away from each other actually you had to stay very close to be able to see good. And that player two, had to choose it's person.

scottymactavish714

The only problem is the game itself already does an extreme amount of rendering etc. Spawning peds and stuff. the amount of work it'd have to do to for two people could be extreme. they would have to turn down the nice graphics.

LCollusions

I just care about the screen view, I want split screen the best offer we can get, and that we could also get in separate cars, and go far away as possible, also being able to choose teams. Like in CoD, the screen is split into four for four local players.

CryptReaperDorian

LOLWUT?

F*cking Trollers.

It's an English rule. A "no" and a "yes" means "yes". Fifty "no's" and a "yes" means "yes". What I mean is using an even number of words that mean "no" in a sentence (or a part of a compound sentence in your case) makes a "yes". For example, you used "don't" and "nobody" in the second part of your sentence. To be honest, he's not really trolling.

Anyways, back on topic, I don't know if I want a co-op mode where you can do singleplayer stuff (like in SR2). However, I definately wouldn't mind a whole bunch of co-op missions in the multiplayer mode. There was three in GTA IV, and it would be awesome if there's atleast ten in the next GTA (hopefully something like twenty).

LOLWUT?

F*cking Trollers.

It's an English rule. A "no" and a "yes" means "yes". Fifty "no's" and a "yes" means "yes". What I mean is using an even number of words that mean "no" in a sentence (or a part of a compound sentence in your case) makes a "yes". For example, you used "don't" and "nobody" in the second part of your sentence. To be honest, he's not really trolling.

Anyways, back on topic, I don't know if I want a co-op mode where you can do singleplayer stuff (like in SR2). However, I definately wouldn't mind a whole bunch of co-op missions in the multiplayer mode. There was three in GTA IV, and it would be awesome if there's atleast ten in the next GTA (hopefully something like twenty).

Its the same as multiplication in math, a negative times a positive will always be more negative, but a negative times a negative or a positive times a positive will always be positive.